AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nextdoorboy

AMD OS X Member
Guys i have finally figured out the problem, now shutdown fixed with erp on via dartonia guide, done hot plug ssdt for titan ridge 2 TB3 AIC , i dont have tb3 device to test but my usbc 4k display works like a charm, and also sleep works but does not wakes from keyboard or mause stroke but only with power button, i have two wifi cards with nvme adaptor, this guy was breaking the sleep but it fixed now.

I thouht, i have done usb map with usbmaptoolbox on windows but now, i'm pretty sure it doesn't work well on macOS, i have to figure how to map usb with usbmap, pretty sure this will resolve keystroke wake problem.
And another thing, i have rx5500xt with usbc display over tb3 display port, night shift works but doesn't make any difference when enabled, anyone have idea for this, i am night owl and night shift pretty useful for me

Attachments

• X570Master TB3Titanridgehotplug+Sleep+Shutdown fixes.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 37

cdomz

AMD OS X Member
AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext solved my boot issue on 0.7.9. and 12.3.1

Congrats, I am still stuck are you using AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext and RestrictEvents.kext?

Thanks.

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Congrats, I am still stuck are you using AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext and RestrictEvents.kext?

Thanks.
yes on both

Seyven

AMD OS X Member
I've recently got an X570 "I" Aorus PRO Wifi mobo.
What kexts do I need to make Wifi/BT work in Monterey? Cuz I tried with OpenIntelWireless and it never boots with this error:

IMG_1093.jpeg

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
That is more likely to be an issue of you including AppleALCU.kext in your /OC/Kexts folder than anything Wireless/BT connected.

The three kexts you need for Intel WiFi/BT card in MacOS Monterey are as follows:
  1. AirportItlwm.kext (Monterey version 2.1.0)
  2. BlueToolFixup.kext
  3. IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
You should not be using the IntelBluetoothInjector.kext when booting Monterey.

The three kexts are attached below.

Attachments

• Intel WiFi + BT kexts.zip
    21.4 MB · Views: 19

Seyven

AMD OS X Member
That is more likely to be an issue of you including AppleALCU.kext in your /OC/Kexts folder than anything Wireless/BT connected.

The three kexts you need for Intel WiFi/BT card in MacOS Monterey are as follows:
  1. AirportItlwm.kext (Monterey version 2.1.0)
  2. BlueToolFixup.kext
  3. IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
You should not be using the IntelBluetoothInjector.kext when booting Monterey.

The three kexts are attached below.
Unfortunately it's not working on Ventura B2. It does in Monterey. Fortunately I don't really depend of it. But thanks :D
Alpha 2.2.0 is ready. And working.

PS: It wasn't ALCU, I didn't have it, looks like it was one of my 3 kexts not being ok, I compiled them to the latest commit so idk.

Last edited:

stage1st

AMD OS X Member
OC 0.7.7 & Monterey 12.2 work fine here!

I did an upgrade from Big Sur. I just had to disable the Intel NIC, and use the Realtek one instead.

However I cannot get the OpenCore GUI working again. I cross-checked every configuration setting with the guide, and everything seems to be OK. Is anybody else also affected by this cosmetic issue?

hey, man , can u share EFI? thanks

xenearz

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys, sounds work good but my analog microphone not working, any help?

Nextdoorboy

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys, sounds work good but my analog microphone not working, any help?
There is a bug with AMD X570 motherboards, mic inpu-outputs are not working, you have to use usb mic, if you have type-c or bluetooth headphone their mics will be working

xenearz

AMD OS X Member
There is a bug with AMD X570 motherboards, mic inpu-outputs are not working, you have to use usb mic, if you have type-c or bluetooth headphone their mics will be working
Maybe i can use usb audio dongle for my mic? Compatible with macOS?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
It doesn't need an Audio Codec set in the config.plist, or any other setting to work in macOS. As the OS contains a USB kext that works with most USB audio devices.

As @Shaneee already uses the device linked, we know it works.
  • So all you will need to do is plug it in to a spare (working) USB port,
  • Then connect your speakers/mic, and
  • Finally select the USB device in the Sound Preferences pane Output tab, so the OS knows to use that Audio device.

highend

AMD OS X Member

All OK

Last edited:

xenearz

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys!
I use Big Surr but decided to switch to Monterey. I created an installation flash drive, mounted the EFI, and dropped my Big Surr EFI into it. I am getting this error when booting from a flash drive, can you help me? My configuration is in the signature.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 4

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try replacing SSDT-USBX.aml with SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml and see if that helps.

Copy of the SSDT is attached below.

Don't forget to change the config.plist > ACPI entry to match the name of the new SSDT.

Attachments

• SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 11

xenearz

AMD OS X Member
Try replacing SSDT-USBX.aml with SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml and see if that helps.

Copy of the SSDT is attached below.

Don't forget to change the config.plist > ACPI entry to match the name of the new SSDT.
HI, no changes after replacing

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Have you checked you have your bios options set correcty for using macOS and OpenCore? As shown below.

Disable
  • Fast Boot
  • Secure Boot
  • Serial/COM Port
  • Parallel Port
  • VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
  • CSM
  • Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
  • Intel SGX
  • Intel Platform Trust
  • CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection) (This must be off,
    • if you can't find the option then enable AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel > Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled)
Enable
  • VT-x
  • Above 4G decoding
    • 2020+ BIOS Notes: When enabling Above4G, Resizable BAR Support may become available on some Z490 and newer motherboards.
    • Please ensure this is Disabled instead of set to Auto.
  • Hyper-Threading
  • Execute Disable Bit
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB
  • SATA Mode: AHC

xenearz

AMD OS X Member
Have you checked you have your bios options set correcty for using macOS and OpenCore? As shown below.

Disable
  • Fast Boot
  • Secure Boot
  • Serial/COM Port
  • Parallel Port
  • VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
  • CSM
  • Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
  • Intel SGX
  • Intel Platform Trust
  • CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection) (This must be off,
    • if you can't find the option then enable AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel > Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled)
Enable
  • VT-x
  • Above 4G decoding
    • 2020+ BIOS Notes: When enabling Above4G, Resizable BAR Support may become available on some Z490 and newer motherboards.
    • Please ensure this is Disabled instead of set to Auto.
  • Hyper-Threading
  • Execute Disable Bit
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB
  • SATA Mode: AHC
Yes, my Big Sur USB installer and Big Sur OC both load perfect, but when I download the Monterey USB installer, I get stuck

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.