How to fix "loginwindow quit unexpectedly." error and black screen after wake up

jsl2020

AMD OS X Member
My FX-6300 hackintosh had this problem:
When I try to wake it up always got this error as posted picture or black screen.
No such an issue at Big Sur or Catalina.
OC 0.7.8's config.plist posted too.
If this partition booted by Clover by Z490 hackintosh it will show this debug-log when this error appear at desktop.

Attachments

• config.plist
    86 KB · Views: 2
  • debug-log.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Unsure if it's related but you've got the DummyPowerManagement quirk enabled and NullCPUPowerManagement in your kexts. Also what are LegacyX86PlatformPlugin.kext and X86PlatformPluginInjector.kext for? Also two different versions of RTL8111 loading on Darwin 17.x.x.

NoOne - skip cpuid_cores_per_package test - 10.15/11.0/12.0 - This can be disabled. Or just remove all patches and merge from the AMD_Vanilla repo.

Not sure if SecureBootModel being Disabled will affect it in this way.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
So you're enrolled in the beta program for Monterey? And 0.7.8 is some nightly/prerelease? (Just curious, those could be factors in unexpected behaviour)

jsl2020

AMD OS X Member
Unsure if it's related but you've got the DummyPowerManagement quirk enabled and NullCPUPowerManagement in your kexts. Also what are LegacyX86PlatformPlugin.kext and X86PlatformPluginInjector.kext for? Also two different versions of RTL8111 loading on Darwin 17.x.x.

NoOne - skip cpuid_cores_per_package test - 10.15/11.0/12.0 - This can be disabled. Or just remove all patches and merge from the AMD_Vanilla repo.

Not sure if SecureBootModel being Disabled will affect it in this way.
Thanks for your kind help and advice.
Only DummyPowerManagement quirk enabled and NullCPUPowerManagement was disabled.
Only one of LegacyX86PlatformPlugin.kext and X86PlatformPluginInjector.kext was enabled to pass X86PlatformPlugin check without delay during booting. I'll try disable both of them for testing.
NoOne - skip cpuid_cores_per_package test - 10.15/11.0/12.0 - was disabled already in Clover and will be disabled in OpenCore & try again.
SecureBootMode in my FX-6300 hackintosh need be Disabled otherwise it may not boot smoothly or unable to show update in Monterey.
[First test by OC 0.7.8]
Only DummyPowerManagement quirk enabled and NullCPUPowerManagement was disabled.
NoOne - skip cpuid_cores_per_package test - 10.15/11.0/12.0 - was disabled and disabled both LegacyX86PlatformPlugin.kext and X86PlatformPluginInjector.kext. Keep SecureBootModel being Disabled. After wake up from sleep no more error now !
[Second test by Clover 5143]
With the same setting unable to wake up normally with black screen again !
The Clover-debug-log showed in Z490 was posted.
So this issue only remained by legacy Clover booting !
[Third test by OC 0.7.8]
This error may unexpectedly appeared again, so it's not only occured by legacy Clover booting !
The OC-debug-log was showed in FX-6300 was posted.

Attachments

• Clover-debug-log.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 0
  • FX-6300-OC-debug-log.zip
    10.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Can you clone your OC EFI to a USB device and use the updated kernel patches on our GitHub or does ProvideCurrentCpuInfo break on your legacy setup?

jsl2020

AMD OS X Member
Can you clone your OC EFI to a USB device and use the updated kernel patches on our GitHub or does ProvideCurrentCpuInfo break on your legacy setup?
Yes, I have tried clone my OC EFI to a USB device and use the updated kernel patches on your GitHub and found that ProvideCurrentCpuInfo break on my legacy setup.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.