• Ethernet: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller
  • Storage: Western Digital WDS500G2B0A 500GB SATA, 2.5"
EFI zip directory attached

Other info:
Dortania: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/AMD/zen.html
Using OpenCorePkg 0.7.6
Installing MacOS Monterey (12.1)

Problem:
I am able to create the flashdrive and get to the installer page. After about 4-8 minutes into the installation, it freezes (no keyboard or mouse inputs working, gets stuck on current screen). I have left it over night and still frozen on the same screen. This happens even without entering the installation. If I just stay on the initial screen, it will still freeze after some time.

Things I've tried:
SMBIOS: MacPro7,1 and iMacPro1,1
Big Sur, Monterey
Different flash drive / ports on my PC
Creating flash drive on Mac and Windows
Release / Debug versions of OC

I have also attached an image of the installer log as it freezes:

installer_log.jpeg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 5

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
MSI boards are notoriously incompatible with Monterey. There are number of threads on it. Sometimes regressing the BIOS will find one that works but that's trial and error. Afraid you need to stick with Big Sur.

bthomp2000

AMD OS X Member
MSI boards are notoriously incompatible with Monterey. There are number of threads on it. Sometimes regressing the BIOS will find one that works but that's trial and error. Afraid you need to stick with Big Sur.
Thanks for the reply! I'm fine with Big Sur but I've read elsewhere that the Radeon RX 6600 XT is only compatible with Monterey 12.1, do you know if this is true?

Specifically referring to this post: Beta 12.1 Out! (AMD 6600XT support added) : hackintosh (reddit.com)

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Yes it is true. You need to be running Monterey 12.1 for the RX6600 dGPU to w in macOS.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.