AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

didjital

AMD OS X Member
I also have slow boot issues (970 evo) and played with the fix, no success. How did you add the fix to the EFI? Thank you all, this is the best Hackintosh Forum, learned a lot here.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@didjital the AFPS timeout is broken on Monterey, currently the only fix would be replacing the SSD or disabling TRIM

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
@didjital the AFPS timeout is broken on Monterey, currently the only fix would be replacing the SSD or disabling TRIM
Regarding replacing the nvme, I wanted to upgrade to a gen4 anyway so I got one. Now I know I can clean install but that is a pain to the restore from time machine, can anyone confirm that drive cloning works? I've cloned countless windows drives so I imagine it'll work but just want to know if anyone has had success doing it before I go tearing out parts lol

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Here is an updated version of 0.7.6 EFI with sensors for iStat Menus and NVMeFix.

Install the same way as described in Ezual's original EFI post on page 36.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 62

didjital

AMD OS X Member
@Aluveitie thanks, have ordered a WD SN850 1TB.

didjital

AMD OS X Member
@marinekev88 cloned my Samsung with Clonezilla to a new WD SN850. Works perfect.
@all merry Christmas!

thisisgm

AMD OS X Member
Just scored an X570-E for $190 on eBay today, will let you know how it goes! Will use @Ezaul's EFI, thanks for the update

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
Here is an updated version of 0.7.6 EFI with sensors for iStat Menus and NVMeFix.

Install the same way as described in Ezual's original EFI post on page 36.
Thank you for your EFI. I have a comment for you, SMCSuperIO.kext does not work for AMD CPUs, so you can remove it.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Thank you for your EFI. I have a comment for you, SMCSuperIO.kext does not work for AMD CPUs, so you can remove it.

It worked to show the fan speed on my Asus X570 I Gaming for the chassis fan. It now appears in iStat Menus.

I found this in an X570 I Gaming EFI that I first used when I first got my motherboard before I found AudioGod’s EFI.

It only works on the chassis fan header and may be a nuance for the specify motherboard. As I control the all the fan speeds based on a liquid temperature sensor which can only use the chasis fan header this is ideal for my use. The CPU and pump speed do not show up.

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
It worked to show the fan speed on my Asus X570 I Gaming for the chassis fan. It now appears in iStat Menus.

I found this in an X570 I Gaming EFI that I first used when I first got my motherboard before I found AudioGod’s EFI.

It only works on the chassis fan header and may be a nuance for the specify motherboard. As I control the all the fan speeds based on a liquid temperature sensor which can only use the chasis fan header this is ideal for my use. The CPU and pump speed do not show up.
Really? nice news! Thank you for the info.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Really? nice news! Thank you for the info.

No idea if it works on other boards or if it is dependent on the on AMD Power Gadget. But the chassis fan RPMs now shows up.

I think there is hope of getting all the fan RPMs in iStat Menus with the code from the AMD Power Gadget that shows all the fans in MacOS. I will reach out to the developer when I get home to ask for an AMD specific version.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
The AMD Power Gadget/Kext can read out and set the Fan RPMs on the X570-I. The main question is wether there is an SMC Key one can report them to. If so it would be relatively easy to make a kext to export them for iStats to read.

@johnlietzke The AIO header can also use the T_Sensor as source, it’s just the CPU header that can’t. I already sent a request for that. Maybe if more people do, ASUS might add it to the CPU header too.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
The AMD Power Gadget/Kext can read out and set the Fan RPMs on the X570-I. The main question is wether there is an SMC Key one can report them to. If so it would be relatively easy to make a kext to export them for iStats to read.

@johnlietzke The AIO header can also use the T_Sensor as source, it’s just the CPU header that can’t. I already sent a request for that. Maybe if more people do, ASUS might add it to the CPU header too.
The fans in iStat Menus have the default Apple labels unfortunately. It would be nice if the label names could be changed for all the sensors.

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 3.27.43 PM.png

Displaying the temperature sensor would be a dream come true in iStat Menus. Later this week I am going to look at the code for the Kext and see if I can add in some other sensor values from the AMD Power Gadget along with the fans.

I emailed the iStat Menus developer asking them about labels and grouping. They are considering adding the feature in a future update.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Apple defines which metrics are available on which SMBIOS. That is the most limiting factor in monitoring on macOS.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
I was thinking about trying to use one of the temperature sensor that os not registering or is showing up as blank for the temperature sensor.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Edit: Removed due to stability and periodic disconnects

Just wanted to pass along that AppleGB.kext works for Ethernet on the Asus X570 I Gaming. Just add it to the Kext Folder and link it in Config.plist -> Kernel -> Add.

It is not perfect as I am only getting about 650mbps while in Windows a little over 1,000mbps.
My internet is very slow today and there may no be no speed loss. I will update later when it back to full speed.

The Ethernet works similar to Windows at about 960mbps.

It does require a restart to get WiFi to work after disconnecting the Ethernet.

Thanks Shaneee!

Attachments

• AppleIGB.kext.zip
    133.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Ezaul

AMD OS X Member
OpenCore 0.7.7 EFI Update , 10th January 2022.

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Changes made include,
  • Lilu 1.5.9,
  • AppleALC 1.6.8,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.6,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.8,
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.5,
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet 1.1.0
  • SMCAMDProcessor 0.7
  • SmallTreeIntel812576Ethernet 1.3.0
  • New Universal AMD Patches Monterey 12.0 Compatible,
  • 2.5Ghz Ethernet Auto Negotiation Fixed,
  • Memory Mapping is now Being done via RestrictEvents,
  • About This Mac now displays the correct AMD Processor info done via RestrictEvents,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.
Note 1 - If your not using a RX 6800 or any other Navi/BigNavi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

Note 3 - The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is now fully working as of Monterey 12.0 Beta 8

Note 4 - BIOS SETTING CHANGE - Since Bios Revision 4010 Power On By PCIe can break shut down on some peoples builds so ensure the following setting is now set as disabled.
  • Advanced -> APM Configuration -> Power On By PCIe -> Disabled

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following
1627932237694.png

IMPORTANT PATCH INFO TO SET THE CORRECT CORE COUNT FOR YOUR CPU
Core Count patch needs to be modified to boot your system. Find the two algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package patches and alter the Replace value only.

Changing BA000000 0000/BA000000 0090* to BA <CoreCount> 0000 0000/BA <CoreCount> 0000 0090* substituting <CoreCount> with the hexadeciamal value matching your physical core count.

Note: The three different values reflect the patch for different versions of macOS. Be sure to change all three if you boot macOS 10.13 to macOS 12

See the table below for the values matching your CPU Core Count.

CoreCountHexadecimal
6 Core06
8 Core08
12 Core0C
16 Core10
32 Core20
So for example a 6 Core 5600X would result in these replace values, BA 06 0000 0000/BA 06 0000 0090
Or a 12 Core 5900X that I have it setup as standard would result in these replace values, BA 0C 0000 0000/BA 0C 0000 0090

EXAMPLE
Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 19.51.06.png

Power Gadget App
The AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext has been updated and has gone from good to Amazing so make sure you download the latest version of the Power Gadget App to make the most of it.
AMD.Power.Gadget.app.zip

Finally and as always, MAKE SURE YOU RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI.

OpenCore EFI Update V0.7.7 - 10/01/2022

Attachments

• Asus X570-E 077 EFI .zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 47

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
You are wonderful. I was planning to do the update this evening and post it.

Used your EFI and added in the Radeon sensors for CPU and GPU to show in iStat Menus.

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 3.38.08 PM.png

I tried adding NVMEFix, for any who need it, but kept getting stuck on the loading bar after logging in. This may be a 12.2 beta 2 problem. From my understanding it does not resolve the Samsung TRIM issue and my no longer of use.

SmallTreeIntel812576Ethernet 1.3.0 only worked for the Intel® I211-AT (1GB) in Monterey 12.0 beta 8 & 9.

Thanks again

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Ezaul

AMD OS X Member
Você é maravilhoso. Eu estava planejando fazer a atualização esta noite e postá-la.

Usou seu EFI e adicionou os sensores Radeon para CPU e GPU para mostrar nos menus iStat.

View attachment 4829

Tentei adicionar o NVMEFix, para quem precisar, mas ficava travado na barra de carregamento após o login. Isso pode ser um problema do 12.2 beta 2. Do meu entendimento, isso não resolve o problema do Samsung TRIM e meu uso não é mais.

SmallTreeIntel812576Ethernet 1.3.0 funcionou apenas para o Intel® I211-AT (1 GB) em Monterey 12.0 beta 8 e 9.

obrigado novamente

Excellent!
I always prefer to post the pure EFI, to leave it free, for users to modify the way they prefer!

Great job!

dabbler455

AMD OS X Member
Sorry is this question has been asked in thread already. Do I need to have my Opencore USB inserted everytime I reboot my hackintosh? I'm not able to get the bios to see the drive where MacOS is installed, is that normal?

Thanks,

Jason

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.