ASUS ProArt X570-Creator Wifi with TB4

j4ys0n

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Just got Monterey 12.1 installed! After troubleshooting a NVMe issue - some stuff works with my initial config using OC 0.7.6

Current Specs:
ASUS ProArt X570-Creator Wifi with TB4
Ryzen 5600X
Radeon 6800
32GB RAM
WD SN750 NVMe

I started with AudioGod's ASUS X570-E EFI and added a few things -

I added Intel Wifi (AirportItlwm) and Bluetooth (IntelBluetoothFirmware) support by following instructions from here. Wifi works, but bluetooth does not.
I grabbed the USB and TB SSDTs from this thread, but they don't seem to work. Thunderbolt doesn't work, finder crashes if I plug in to the higher speed USB ports (USB 3.2 ports)
Sleep seems to make the machine crash.
GPU seems to be ok. Geekbench score is good.
It recognizes the intel 2.5G NIC, but it doesn't connect. and it does not recognize the Aquantia 10G NIC - but i did see some errors during boot about that (in verbose mode). Saw some threads about getting that to work - will dig around a bit.
It doesn't recognize the CPU type, but that's fine with me. Would be cool to get that displayed in the "About" panel.
iMessage/iCloud works.

Mostly I just want to get BT and TB working. Any tips there would be fantastic! The USB issues I can likely fix by making the correct SSDTs, maybe TB also.

I do have a natively supported Wifi/BT card I could install if needed, but would like to try to get the onboard working.

If anyone has any tips - that'd be awesome!

My EFI is attached.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.8 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
RestrictEvents for the CPU Name to show. And for USB Map them in Windows using USBToolBox ;)

j4ys0n

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
RestrictEvents for the CPU Name to show. And for USB Map them in Windows using USBToolBox ;)
Awesome - thanks for that USBToolBox tip - about to try out the results.

I'm trying to find the Aquantia 10g patch for Monterey - I haven't been able to find anything that says it works with the release version of Monterey. Any idea where that info is?

j4ys0n

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Weird - it booted up fine the first time and when i plugged in a thunderbolt device it crashed. Now it crashes at the login screen every time on boot. tried clearing nvram, same result. hmm..
any idea what i need to do to get thunderbolt working? i haven't been able to find much info on it, except for some old stuff.

j4ys0n

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Looks like i might have to go down to Big Sur

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Upload a DSDT for me and I'll see if I can get something for you.

j4ys0n

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    28.8 KB · Views: 3

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Can you get an IOReg too? This is way beyond my area of expertise but I'll try.

j4ys0n

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Can you get an IOReg too? This is way beyond my area of expertise but I'll try.
yeah let me figure out how to get that

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Open this. The File > Save As

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer-2.1.dmg
    525.5 KB · Views: 5

j4ys0n

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Attachments

• Asus-ProArt-x570.ioreg.zip
    757.8 KB · Views: 7

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Right so I can see the TB controller but I get lost quickly. All the guides are Intel focused and AMD is very different. I've forwarded your DSDT and IOReg onto MaLd0n over at InsanelyMac. He's the go to guy for ACPI stuff. Hopefully get a reply and I'll let you know.

j4ys0n

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Right so I can see the TB controller but I get lost quickly. All the guides are Intel focused and AMD is very different. I've forwarded your DSDT and IOReg onto MaLd0n over at InsanelyMac. He's the go to guy for ACPI stuff. Hopefully get a reply and I'll let you know.
ok, nice! if anything else is needed - let me know!

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Any news in this?
i m shopping for this MB and I m not sure if TB/Sleep/ BT issues have been solved in Monterey

I recently built a Hackintosh with the x570 creator using AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING EFI and everything except for BT is working like a charm.

I highly recommend this Mobo.. even as I don't yet have 100% functionality.

I am wondering if the USBMap.kext in the EFI in this thread is made custom for the X570 Creator mobo. can anyone confirm this?

I note that it might break sleep, which I am rather reluctant to do, but the USB map on AudioGod's thread does not support ANY of my internal USB 2.0 headers and therefore the Fenvi T919 Blutooth does not work, although it is recognized (I believe through the PCI connector)

Sharky

AMD OS X Member
Hi all, still having my headaches with the board. I had a working installation of Catalina and tried eventually to upgrade to Monterey -> no boot

I have tried then with the Audio God EFI modifying for my need (16 cores - 5950X, Gt710 Nvidia - waiting for 6900XT to come in next week) to install in this order:

1- Catalina again: installer loads but then endlessly reboots
2- Big Sur : I can run through the installation phase one but then at the reboot I have no “Mac Os” picker, just the option to reinstall once again

I have set the bios (latest available version, 801) as per instructions in the Audio God post...

Any hint / ready to go EFI I can then adapt to my
System SMBIOS (I m limited now to iMac 14.2 / IMac Pro 1.2 due to the GT710 until next week).

Best

Sharky

AMD OS X Member
Update: thanks to the support of some forum members I got Big sure well installed.

What’s working:

1- TB (no hot plug though)
2- 2.5GB nic
3- wifi with Heliport
4- sleep

Not working:
1- aquantia 10G nic - (getting crazy!!)
2- BT

All in all still quite a lot to do: every help is appreacited!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru

Sharky

AMD OS X Member
UPDATE: i have migrated to Monterey and:

1- replaced the integrated Intel Wifi-BT card with an Airport + NGFF adapter
2- replaced the Navi10 with a 6900Xt

Result:

1- the 10G ACQ113 is working (Thanks to Casey SJ for the great effort!!!)
2- the system boots 2 out of 3 times and takes literally minutes "after the verbose" phase to reach the log in screen (the boot disk is a WD sn850X)
3- no way to get the "original" apple BT working (the same card worked on another x570 -Asrock X570m for the last 2 years on Catalina)

Any hint?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.