Hackintosh or real mac?

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
I was able to fix my audio! :D

Now i think i will switch from opencore debug to opencore release... Do you know if there is a tool for that? Or do i need to do that manually?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Just replace the binaries. If they are the same version no need to change anything in the config except the debug target from 67 to 3.

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
Ok, i'll try to do it :D

For the boot screen, where you select the os, is there a way to set for example MacOs or Windows and after 5 sec it boots on its own?
Or much better... is there a way to completely remove the timer for the selection? :unsure:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
You can set the default within macOS. System Preferences -> Startup Disk

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
That did the trick :D Thank you!
boot.jpeg

Last edited:

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
I have a little problem... When i use macos, quit and then boot windows, the clock is always 1 hour behind 😅 Do you know how to fix it?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Sure there's a fix for that.

Launch cmd as Administrator.

(For 32-bit Windows)

Reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation /v RealTimeIsUniversal /t REG_DWORD /d 1

(For 64-bit Windows, use a QWORD value instead:)

Reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation /v RealTimeIsUniversal /t REG_QWORD /d 1

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
Thank you! It worked :D

Now i have just to see how to make monterey work 😅:ROFLMAO:

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
I tried to update my opencore from 0.7.5 to 0.7.6 but i got stuck on the apple logo 😣 can you help me when you have a bit of time?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Sure, upload your current EFI folder.

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    37.2 MB · Views: 1

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Here you go. Updated to 0.7.6

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    37.1 MB · Views: 2

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
Just tried and it runs fine, thanks! :D

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
I watched a video about MacOS running crazy good vith virtualization... and they say that you don't need any configuration... Is this true? Can anyone do it?

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I watched a video about MacOS running crazy good vith virtualization... and they say that you don't need any configuration... Is this true? Can anyone do it?
I tried running VM's on a couple of my Ryzentosh boxes, the only one I got to run on it is VMware, (make sure to enable virtualization in your bios). I also wanted to add something about your question about running your icloud account with hacks and normal apple devices, as long as you make sure you have your serial numers, uuids & roms set correctly there should not be an issue... I have 8 hacks, (5 are Ryzentoshes) and an iphone, 2 m1 ipads and 2020 12" ipad all one one icloud account with no issues. BUT, I did have an issue where I had to create a new icloud account when I first got into the hackintoshes and was using clover boot loader and it was messing up the serials and got my account blacklisted. So just make sure you read up on how to make sure you have valid Serials and how to set up Rom before you connect whatever machine you are using to your icloud account. Worse case, if you get an issue where you can't log into icloud services anymore, (banned) just create a new icloud account with a different email.

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
I had too a VM for macos, but performance was really really poor... opencore is from an other level in comparison with VM.
And thank you for sharing your experience with icloud :D

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
Guys do you think it is safe to update Big Sur 11.6.1 to 11.6.2? (seems my motherboard at the moment doesn't support Monterey)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Performance in a traditional VM is poor. But if you use a QEMU / KVM then you can run it without modification and with better compatibility than bare metal on AMD. See here, https://github.com/Pavo-IM/Proxintosh
Pavo also done this with UnRaid.

Also yes 11.6.2 is supported by the patches ;)

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
I'll check the QEMU / KVM! It seems really interesting :D

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.