Internet not working on I211-AT

mafiaboy99

AMD OS X Member
Good morning, yesterday I've managed to FINALLY update to Monterey using OC 0.7.4 and some slightly modified Kernel Patches to avoid the "EB LOG:EXITBS:START" error everything whent smooth but internet isn't working... and i cannot manage to make it work.

I already obviously have everything i need in my kexts, as it was working fine with Big Sur.

Do i have to make something particular to get it to work? Has anyone with this same chipset managed to make it work?

thanks

Arrakis

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Shaneee
With this method I am forced to keep the SIP disabled and SecureBootModel on disabled otherwise it is impossible to boot Monterey where there is a kernel panic with the IOPCIFamily.kext

moedo

AMD OS X Member
Have you tried manually specifying the speed in the settings?
Thanks Shanee, yes after trying all the settings, I still get the lower speed. Also, when I select 2.5, things disconnect completely (even after trying standard vs jumbo MTU and the duplex options).
Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 2.59.15 PM.png

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@Shaneee
With this method I am forced to keep the SIP disabled and SecureBootModel on disabled otherwise it is impossible to boot Monterey where there is a kernel panic with the IOPCIFamily.kext

I've got SecureBootModel enabled again but SIP must stay disabled yes. Trying to work out a way to patch the kext instead of replacing it.

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
I've got SecureBootModel enabled again but SIP must stay disabled yes. Trying to work out a way to patch the kext instead of replacing it.
Every day I check back hoping to see a new thread: Shaneee's SmallTree Monterey Fix. :p

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Every day I check back hoping to see a new thread: Shaneee's SmallTree Monterey Fix. :p
The problem is SIP and SecureBootModel need to remain disabled. This means waiting on the full update for the OS and rolling back the kexts again. Trying to see if it’s possible to patch the current kext.

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
The problem is SIP and SecureBootModel need to remain disabled. This means waiting on the full update for the OS and rolling back the kexts again. Trying to see if it’s possible to patch the current kext.

Who knows, maybe the next macOS update SmallTree will work again. 🤔

bja

AMD OS X Member
I ve added to my system (Asrock X570 Steel Legend + Ryzen 3900X) a PCIe dual NIC (HP nc360t) in order to keep an ethernet connection until a working kext will be available BUT connection drops after few minutes (I think only one time it was stable for about an hour): sometimes it lasts 5, 10 or 30 minutes maximum.

both NIC ports are working perfectly in Windows, so card is not faulty, and several users confirmed this card works out of the box in any Hackintosh configuration.

Any idea on what could be the issue here? It's pretty annoying, as when connection drops the only way to fix it is to delete interface from System settings and re-add it. No matter if DHCP or manual IP configuration, connection drop after minutes. And that means working with SMB mounted file systems is pretty impossible

Right not I'm very tempted to install BigSur, on big sure times NICs were working perfectly

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

bja

AMD OS X Member
Didn't find it in Italy - I got this one, and it's working from 4 hours now :)

moedo

AMD OS X Member
Thanks Shanee, yes after trying all the settings, I still get the lower speed. Also, when I select 2.5, things disconnect completely (even after trying standard vs jumbo MTU and the duplex options).
View attachment 4407
Just an update on this, after having my ISP recalibrate my connection, I'm now getting full speeds with LucyRTL8125Ethernet. Thanks Shaneee for helping with Monterey compatibility!

ddk

AMD OS X Member
Still no fix yet for Intel(R) I211 on Monterey guys anything ?
not just Intel(R) I211 is down
Samsung NVMe 970 evo plus is down
NVMe INTEL SSDPEKNW020 is down
halfe of my USBs are down
Marvell 10G Ethernet connection is down
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz is down
My MB is ASUS ROG Zenith II Extreme trx40

mafiaboy99

AMD OS X Member
Still no fix yet for Intel(R) I211 on Monterey guys anything ?
not just Intel(R) I211 is down
Samsung NVMe 970 evo plus is down
NVMe INTEL SSDPEKNW020 is down
halfe of my USBs are down
Marvell 10G Ethernet connection is down
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz is down
My MB is ASUS ROG Zenith II Extreme trx40

Honestly i'm baffled that so many things aren't working... I have a dual boot machine (windows/macOS) as most people probably do here, and while with Big Sur i was using Mac 90% of the time, now it's the opposite... i'm basically forced to use windows and boot macOS from time to time (like now) to check if there are updates on all this matter.

My bluetooth and wifi aren't working (which is a great problem as my keyboard and headphones are BT)
Airdrop obviously doesn't work anymore
The LAN is unstable at times
It takes a good 5 to 8 minutes to boot
Random and unexplainable crashes
etc...

Hopefully things will sort out soon-ish or at this point i'll just wait for MacOS 13 :ROFLMAO:

jokes aside with all these problems there is no benefit (at least for me) to using macOS over Windows... The added headaches are just not worth it at least for now.

Reactions: ddk
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.