ERROR during direct upgrade from Bigsur 11.6.1 to Monterey

eye

AMD OS X Member
Hi there I just downloaded Monterey using System software update and tried to upgrade but it stucked when system rebooted and Machintosh HD selected. I added the log file , any suggestions?

Attachments

• opencore-2021-11-09-120555.txt
    256 KB · Views: 9

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
You'll need to update OpenCore to 0.7.5 and make sure you've got the latest AMD patches. Update any kexts while you're at it and the update should work without issues.

If you're struggling to update the EFI, zip your current working version and upload it here and I'll update it for you.

kingraptor88

AMD OS X Member
You'll need to update OpenCore to 0.7.5 and make sure you've got the latest AMD patches. Update any kexts while you're at it and the update should work without issues.

If you're struggling to update the EFI, zip your current working version and upload it here and I'll update it for you.
here is my config which is working on 11.6 but with update to 12 it is not working. if you fix this for me. i will appreciate it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 9

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
here is my config which is working on 11.6 but with update to 12 it is not working. if you fix this for me. i will appreciate it.

Biggest issue was missing the updated kernel patches.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 34

eye

AMD OS X Member

Hi Shaneee, Here is my working EFI folder, It is OC 0.7.4 version, Have a look thank you.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 4

eye

AMD OS X Member
Hi Shaneee, Here is my working EFI folder, It is OC 0.7.4 version, Have a look thank you.

I updated Open Core to 0.7.5 and included the lastest patches but stil not booting Machitosh HD, Bigsur 11.6.1 is booting with no trouble , Here is EFI folder. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.9 MB · Views: 13

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I updated Open Core to 0.7.5 and included the lastest patches but stil not booting Machitosh HD, Bigsur 11.6.1 is booting with no trouble , Here is EFI folder. Thank you in advance.

Your kernel patches are a mix of old and new. You also didn't have ProvideCurrentCpuInfo enabled. Replace your config with this one.

Attachments

• config.plist
    46.1 KB · Views: 23

eye

AMD OS X Member
Your kernel patches are a mix of old and new. You also didn't have ProvideCurrentCpuInfo enabled. Replace your config with this one.
Hi Shanee, I somehow managed it and upgrated to Monterey. Yes I know they are mixed but I also had tried only the latest 16 fix but it didn't worked I just used your previous sent EFI for kingraptor88 and changed parameters for my system and it worked perfect :D Thank you, You are a life saver :D

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
One more thing, do you know how to make opencore gui enable? i failed after some tests

You need to include OpenCanopy.efi in the Drivers folder and in UEFI -> Drivers. You'll also need to make sure you've got the Resources folder upto date from the latest Release.
Then set the following,
  • Misc -> Boot -> PickerMode = External
  • Misc -> Boot -> PickerVariant = Auto

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Remove SMCAMDProcessor.kext and AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext from your config.

kingraptor88

AMD OS X Member
finally i got updated to 12.0.1, thanks bro.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
"Remove SMCAMDProcessor.kext and AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext from your config."

So aren't these recommended anymore for Monterey?

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext works just fine for me on Monterey

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yeah, I have 'm too with no issues. :)

Jerry Han

AMD OS X Member
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.