AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Hey all.... I updated AG's 0.7.4 EFI with 0.7.5 - Removed the platform info and set ReSizable Bar to work with OSX and WIN.

AG - I hope you don't mind, I will delete if not alowed.
Everything works ok? No problem with Bluetooth? (I have a BCM94360NG) I had to go back to Big Sur, Blutetooth OpenCore 0.7.4 made me problem when waking up from sleep. Thx

DaddyB

AMD OS X Member
Everything works ok? No problem with Bluetooth? (I have a BCM94360NG) I had to go back to Big Sur, Blutetooth OpenCore 0.7.4 made me problem when waking up from sleep. Thx
I have not seen anything yet, sleep works ok. I don’t use Bluetooth all that much though.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
I have not seen anything yet, sleep works ok. I don’t use Bluetooth all that much though.
Did you exchange the new kext? I was watching and you have old ones there .... Whatever, Lilu, AppleALC are newer ...

DaddyB

AMD OS X Member
Did you exchange the new kext? I was watching and you have old ones there .... Whatever, Lilu, AppleALC are newer ...
I did not - AG's 0.7.4 with kexts was working perfect for me so I left them

I have WEG disabled for the BigNavi
I'll try the new Lilu and AppleALC and report back

DaddyB

AMD OS X Member
I did not - AG's 0.7.4 with kexts was working perfect for me so I left them

I have WEG disabled for the BigNavi
I'll try the new Lilu and AppleALC and report back
Ok, so added updated WEG, Lilu, and AppleALC - still have WEG disabled in config.

Sleep is in fact NOT WORKING -
I was trying to put to sleep manually - Starts to sleep and immediately does a soft reboot (POST indicator lights on motherboard, but not a full reboot) and wakes from sleep. Disabling Bluetooth and Wifi in OS X has no effect.

Wake for network access is unchecked

Disabled Onboard audio Wifi, bluetooth, and 1g Eth from BIOS - still having the same problems. (Using Fenvi PCIe BCM Wifi+BT, and Presonus USB Audio)

salmantechnical123

AMD OS X Member
Hey Audio God ! You Did A Wonderful Work ! Iam Actually New To This ! I tried Creating One For ASUS ROG B550-F GAMING WIFI ! I Stuck With Few Issues ! If You Don't Mind ! Can You Help Me To Fix Those ?

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
MacOS Monterey 12.1 Beta 2 works without any changes to the EFI or BIOS!

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Hey Audio God ! You Did A Wonderful Work ! Iam Actually New To This ! I tried Creating One For ASUS ROG B550-F GAMING WIFI ! I Stuck With Few Issues ! If You Don't Mind ! Can You Help Me To Fix Those ?
AudioGod had a catastrophic incident that destroyed most of his hardware and a significant number of electronics in his home. He is currently on hiatus while trying to get his system back up and running.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Little information-I sold the ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero motherboard and bought the novelty ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING WIFI II. I used EFI without change from @AudioGod (thanks) and it works fantastically so far! DARK HERO also worked OK but sometimes had a problem with USB. If you want some info I will be happy to answer

Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Just want to let everyone know that 12.1 beta 3 works.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member

LaytonX

AMD OS X Member
I have the Dark Hero board with the 2.5G and Intel 1G ethernet ports. The 1G port doesn't work at all (did in macOS Big Sur) and the 2.5G port is finicky. Works fine most of the time, but sometimes when uploading the connection drops completely requiring a reboot to get back network access. Anyone else experiencing this? Thinking of reverting back to Big Sur.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
The 1GB Ethernet port requires the SmallTree Kext which stopped working again with Monterey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
Just want to let everyone know that 12.1 beta 3 works.
Any issues so far? I have the prompt to update to Beta 3 and I have been holding off

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member

Jatilq

AMD OS X Member
Everything important seems to be working thanks to this thread, but I can't get Hardware Acceleration with my Asus Strix 6900XT. I guess I should be thankful, the last few times I tried to install opencore, it wouldn't detect the card at all.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
but I can't get Hardware Acceleration with my Asus Strix 6900XT.

The card should work OOB. Try disabling Whatevergreen.kext in the config.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
If its the Liquid Cooled Strix it has the unsupported Navi 21 XTXH variant. You can try spoofing the device ID. If that does not work you would need to flash the card with a Navi 21 XTX BIOS.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.