AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

linroid

AMD OS X Member
You don’t know the half of it bro…lol
i had to replace my daughters iPhone as it was on charge and got fried too and she couldn’t be without it because of her work so I had to buy her a brand new iPhone 13. My sky Q box, My switch, wireless phone charger, iPad charger all blown too.
I thought my TV was fried but it turned out to be just the fuse.
My Fidge and Router were the only things that were plugged in and powered up that didn’t get effected.
Big up HyperOptics Router. 😂
It's a really expensive power surge situation:eek:... hope you could get back smoothly, your posts help us a lot, thanks!

Ezaul

AMD OS X Member
Mensagem para todos.
Outro dia, tive um desastre em casa e uma grande oscilação de energia que destruiu metade dos aparelhos eletrônicos da minha casa, incluindo meu computador. Tantas peças queimaram que agora estou totalmente fora de ação até novo aviso e não poderei atualizo os EFIs de thread por um tempo até que eu substitua a maioria dos internos do meu PC.
Desculpe ser o portador de más notícias, mas é muito dinheiro e perto do Natal para eu resolver rapidamente, então por agora sou eu saindo, mas voltarei e continuarei tentando fazer as coisas melhores para todos da melhor maneira possível posso.
Sinto muito, mas este está fora do meu controle.
Grande amor
AG
It is with great sadness that I read your report! I know how you feel I've been through this in the past! it's disappointing we're powerless in this situation! if you need any, we are available as you have always been available for the community, nothing is fairer than giving back! Go ahead my friend!

NunezCode

AMD OS X Member
I actually emailed SmallTree about this. Their website states it doesn't even yet support Big Sur. They have no plans to update the kext and when I asked about Open Sourcing it they stopped replying. I think it's related to changes Apple have made to either IOPCIFamily or IONetworkingFamily.

Any update on the email?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

DaddyB

AMD OS X Member
AG - I'm so sorry for your loss... I know what a PIA this must be for you.

Anyone else on the thread using 0.7.5? I'm looking to introduce Resizable BAR to help with windows and I don't know the best way to update

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Last edited:

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Message to everybody.
The other day I had a disaster at home and had a huge power surge that took out half the electronics in my house including my Computer, So many parts got burnt out that I am now totally out of action until further notice and will be unable to update the thread EFIs for a little while until I replace most the inners of my PC.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news all but it’s to much money and to close to Christmas for me to sort out quickly so for now this is me signing out but I will return and continue trying to make things better for all as best as I can.
So sorry all but this one is out of my control.
Big Love
AG
Just now seeing this. Jiminy!
Take care and take all the time you need to sort this out. I am glad there was no fire as consequence given how much stuff died.

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
AG - I'm so sorry for your loss... I know what a PIA this must be for you.

Anyone else on the thread using 0.7.5? I'm looking to introduce Resizable BAR to help with windows and I don't know the best way to update
I am on 075 now. However, no boot with ResBAR quirk enabled. If you want I test more, just tell me.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
Message to anyone on this thread planing to update to OC 0.7.5:
  • RestrictEvents.kext is broken, we just need to wait until update.
  • Windows partition/disk not showing on OC selector:
To fix that, just add a new entry as String on Misc -> BlessOverride -> \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi

Just need more testing before publishing it.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I had no such problems with 0.7.5 bud,
Windows drives never disappeared and RestrictEvents was working perfectly fine.
@Shaneee Did you have any of these problems?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

No issues at all with 0.7.5

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
When booted with oc 075, a new kernel extension from apple had installed. When i did that, not even mac model appears. I will take a look again

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
Screenshot 2021-11-02 at 15.27.01.pngScreenshot 2021-11-02 at 15.29.08.pngScreenshot 2021-11-02 at 15.27.52.png

misterrm

AMD OS X Member
Hi AudioGod! :)

Would you mind to share your 0.7.5 EFI?

I just received the Strix x570, bought it to make my well working monterey build as yours and i would love to have it configured in similar way to yours.

Or shall i just download the 0.7.4 and replace the files? (I am not sure if config.plist is compatible between different versions)

Thank you in advance.

sakalpaul

AMD OS X Member
Hi AudioGod! :)

Would you mind to share your 0.7.5 EFI?

I just received the Strix x570, bought it to make my well working monterey build as yours and i would love to have it configured in similar way to yours.

Or shall i just download the 0.7.4 and replace the files? (I am not sure if config.plist is compatible between different versions)

Thank you in advance.
Even i am looking for that

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
All problems solved reinstalling macOS. Now, everything works as it should. @Shaneee I have red my gpu is not compatible with ResBAR on windows due to drivers. Is there any improvement on macOS?
If you’re not using a Navi or big Navi gpu then there’s no point what so ever using the resize bar and you just leave it disabled.
You gain nothing having it enabled.

DaddyB

AMD OS X Member
Hey all.... I updated AG's 0.7.4 EFI with 0.7.5 - Removed the platform info and set ReSizable Bar to work with OSX and WIN.

AG - I hope you don't mind, I will delete if not alowed.

Attachments

• 0.7.5 EFI.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 34
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.