AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
Screenshot 2021-10-27 at 07.09.29.png
macOS Monterey installed successfully, updating from Big Sur.

However, there are some things that had stopped working:
  • Bluetooth: I am using BCM4360CS2 only for wifi and intel onboard for bluetooth. First, even not plugged, replaces automatically intel bt. So, I am considering to plug Broadcom usb for having correct bt. Also tried with bluetoolfixup with no luck (firmware is never loaded).
Screenshot 2021-10-27 at 07.16.13.png
Screenshot 2021-10-27 at 07.16.50.png
  • Sleep: I think bt is guilty for not having sleep.
  • Audio: HDMI audio is not working properly from bs 11.6. I have tried disabling AppleALC and WEG kexts with no luck. Also tried AppleALCU (only for digital audio) with same results. It is recognised but when I play a video or a song or a movie from whatever app, it reproduces sound with a lot of noise. However, if I send audio through airplay it works perfectly.
On the other hand, stability and performance have improved a lot. NVMe as 4.0 has still same speed (read/write) but everything loads faster. (idk why)
Screenshot 2021-10-27 at 07.18.42.png

gatorchamp85

AMD OS X Member
Strange. Downloaded the EFI from scratch and managed to boot. I'll start making tweaks one by one to see what the issue was.
So after some testing, I've determined that the Intel Bluetooth kexts are causing a crash at boot. I was using the latest release of 2.0.1.

The WiFi kext works fine. I've removed BT for the time being and will see if it gets resolved in future releases; don't use it much personally. Hope that helps anyone else running into issues trying to use the onboard WiFi/BT card.

EDIT: Came across this Reddit post and followed the instructions in the Dortania guide. Removed the Injector kext and added BlueToolFixup and everything is working quite well now.

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Message to everybody.
The other day I had a disaster at home and had a huge power surge that took out half the electronics in my house including my Computer, So many parts got burnt out that I am now totally out of action until further notice and will be unable to update the thread EFIs for a little while until I replace most the inners of my PC.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news all but it’s to much money and to close to Christmas for me to sort out quickly so for now this is me signing out but I will return and continue trying to make things better for all as best as I can.
So sorry all but this one is out of my control.
Big Love
AG

Last edited:

vitorpvcampos

AMD OS X Member
Message to everybody.
The other day I had a disaster at home and had a huge power surge that took out half the electronics in my house including my Computer, So many parts got burnt out that I am now totally out of action until further notice and will be unable to update the thread EFIs for a little while until I replace most the inners of my PC.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news all but it’s to much money and to close to Christmas for me to sort out quickly so for now this is me signing out but I will return and continue trying to make things better for all as best as I can.
Big Love
AG
Sorry to hear that, buddy. Thanks for the support and good luck.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Message to everybody.
Big Love
AG
Sorry to hear about you power surge.

Your situation is expensive, time consuming and just plain crappy.

You are one of the most engaging and responsive people in the Hackintosh community. Your willingness to share phenomenal EFIs and help trouble shoot other's problems will be greatly missed.

If you don't mind me asking what all in your computer was fried?

All the best.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Sorry to hear about you power surge.

Your situation is expensive, time consuming and just plain crappy.

You are one of the most engaging and responsive people in the Hackintosh community. Your willingness to share phenomenal EFIs and help trouble shoot other's problems will be greatly missed.

If you don't mind me asking what all in your computer was fried?

All the best.
GPU, PSU, CPU, Memory, SSD, Both NVME drives, AIO and my Motherboard is working but wonky.
Its about as bad as you could get really.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
That is heart breaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
That is heart breaking.

It sure is, What’s even worst is my CPU had been delidded and is up on display at work for everybody else to take the P*** out of me with…lol Bastards!
The GPU has gone back to Sapphire to be replaced, The memory has been swapped for a new pair but everything else needs to be bought again. Even with the gpu there’s a massive chance that Sapphire wont fall for the blag I gave them and refuse the RMA. We shall see. :(

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
One of the reasons I choose Sapphire is liberal warrantee policy. If they will not replace it then I doubt any other manufacture will.

All in all it is a huge financial hit.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
One of the reasons I choose Sapphire is liberal warrantee policy. If they will not replace it then I doubt any other manufacture will.

All in all it is a huge financial hit.

You don’t know the half of it bro…lol
i had to replace my daughters iPhone as it was on charge and got fried too and she couldn’t be without it because of her work so I had to buy her a brand new iPhone 13. My sky Q box, My switch, wireless phone charger, iPad charger all blown too.
I thought my TV was fried but it turned out to be just the fuse.
My Fidge and Router were the only things that were plugged in and powered up that didn’t get effected.
Big up HyperOptics Router. 😂

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
Why has nobody set up a community fund to help? If we donated 1$ or 100$ or anything that would help @AudioGod get back up and running! I have no clue how to set that up but if someone does I'll donate 5$ immediately. This is why we have communities, I am new to this one but not new to how it works. We take care of each other... come on someone setup a fund thingy and let's do this!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Why has nobody set up a community fund to help? If we donated 1$ or 100$ or anything that would help @AudioGod get back up and running! I have no clue how to set that up but if someone does I'll donate 5$ immediately. This is why we have communities, I am new to this one but not new to how it works. We take care of each other... come on someone setup a fund thingy and let's do this!!

Naaaa,
I didn’t announce it in the hope somebody buys me new parts or donates, I just wanted to let people know what had happened so when a new EFI is due they understood why I wasn’t updating the threads.
I don’t expect any help buddy, That’s very kind of you to say it but its my problem and I will sort it out when I can.

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
Naaaa,
I didn’t announce it in the hope somebody buys me new parts or donates, I just wanted to let people know what had happened so when a new EFI is due they understood why I wasn’t updating the threads.
I don’t expect any help buddy, That’s very kind of you to say it but its my problem and I will sort it out when I can.
Understood

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
I just saw that there were power surges in California that destroyed electronics. Where are you located?

PG&E in California is responsible monetary damages based on the current value of the equipment.

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
Message to everybody.
Big Love
AG
So sorry to reading that... I hope you back asap!

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
So after some testing, I've determined that the Intel Bluetooth kexts are causing a crash at boot. I was using the latest release of 2.0.1.

The WiFi kext works fine. I've removed BT for the time being and will see if it gets resolved in future releases; don't use it much personally. Hope that helps anyone else running into issues trying to use the onboard WiFi/BT card.

EDIT: Came across this Reddit post and followed the instructions in the Dortania guide. Removed the Injector kext and added BlueToolFixup and everything is working quite well now.
You are right! With new version of bluetoolfixup, bt works again!

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Monterey 12.1 Beta installs and runs properly!

Best of luck to AudioGod with his hardware catastrophe and many thanks for the incredible EFI.

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 2.51.32 PM.png

Last edited:

misterrm

AMD OS X Member
AudioGod, may i ask if you recommend the Strix X570-E for 2021/2022 hackintosh build? I've seen you switched from aorus for some reason.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
AudioGod, may i ask if you recommend the Strix X570-E for 2021/2022 hackintosh build? I've seen you switched from aorus for some reason.
Totally recommend it it’s a fantastic board and really well made. The Gigabyte boards are very good too but for me I just prefer working with ASUS. Best bios layout of the lot. 👍

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.