Internet not working on I211-AT

mafiaboy99

AMD OS X Member
Good morning, yesterday I've managed to FINALLY update to Monterey using OC 0.7.4 and some slightly modified Kernel Patches to avoid the "EB LOG:EXITBS:START" error everything whent smooth but internet isn't working... and i cannot manage to make it work.

I already obviously have everything i need in my kexts, as it was working fine with Big Sur.

Do i have to make something particular to get it to work? Has anyone with this same chipset managed to make it work?

thanks

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Solution

mafiaboy99

AMD OS X Member

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

mafiaboy99

AMD OS X Member
Unfortunately AppleGB.kext only kind of works, It drops out and Sleep totally breaks the connection. It’s a work in progress and hopefully it will improve or a new Alternative will be made.
oh alright, hopefully something better will be released soon

decode

AMD OS X Member
Any of the posted versions of AppleIGB.kext only get me to "Self-assigned IP", no connection (also with manual IP). Really hoping for a fixed kext soon, I mistakingly assumed that after Monterey beta 7 this issue was resolved.

Cyberdevs

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I've been using this kexts for few hours and it seems to be working fine. I put the system to sleep (system didn't turn off just the display went to sleep) but the connection seems to be ok.
In addition I never let my system sleep except for the displays so you can give it a try and see how it works on your end.

Attachments

• AppleI2xx.kext.zip
    70.2 KB · Views: 139

Arrakis

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

bja

AMD OS X Member
I've been using this kexts for few hours and it seems to be working fine. I put the system to sleep (system didn't turn off just the display went to sleep) but the connection seems to be ok.
In addition I never let my system sleep except for the displays so you can give it a try and see how it works on your end.

Tried on an asrock x570 steel Legend... Looks like MacOS sees Ethernet interface, but no way to get a DHCP address. Even setting manual up can't get it connected to internet/lan

I did cancel Old small tree kext, copied this, updated config.plist, rebooted, cleared nvram rebooted again, but still no way to let Nic interface working properly.

Even erasing/creating a brand new Ethernet interface from network settings won't help

Any idea?
d6992a7bd24184aff942fedc36e4ce30.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

It doesn't even attach to the device for me. Strange.

Edit:
A couple reboots and it started working. Will test it out.

angeloavv

AMD OS X Member
Tried a brand new hackintosh setup (coming from Big Sur, I decided to start over), the ethernet is recognized (I can browse the internet through Safari but the setup crashes after a few minutes. Sounds like the kext is not working properly

sos86

AMD OS X Member
Why does Apple insist on breaking stuff for we Hack users? :)

Same issue on my i211 ethernet connection (ASUS PRIME x470-Pro, BIOS rev. 5861).

Also having problems with Monterey disabling USB and PS/2 power on reboots, meaning I can't select other OS's in reFind or from OpenCore's picker menu, or even hit 'delete' to get into the BIOS setup without plugging in a USB keyboard to a different USB port.

Will try the i211 kexts linked above and report my experiences in due course.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Ok update on that kext. System has been on for an hour now and LAN is still active. Sleep will still break it though but so far so good on Monterey 15.1 beta (21C5021h).

Edit: It died when maxing out my download while grabbing an Ubuntu ISO... :(

Last edited:

sos86

AMD OS X Member
Sweet! Applel2xx.kext works for me (haven't crashed yet).

Posting from Monteray 12.0.1.

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member

angeloavv

AMD OS X Member
It's almost impossible to perform a full setup: at the very beginning the setup downloads very slowly as the time asks you to wait for about one and a half hour (I have 1gbps internet connection and usually it takes no longer than half an hour), then it hangs for 10 minutes or so and after that the setup fails as it cannot downloads the package to complete the setup.
Could this be of help or has it been tried already? 🤔
I'm a little bit skeptical about that fix, we are talking about Intel I211 (it's a 1gbps NIC) while the solution is reported to working with I225 (a 2.5gbps NIC). Btw dortania here suggests to put that values for I225 NICs only: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/comet-lake.html#deviceproperties

Danish297

AMD OS X Member
Good morning, yesterday I've managed to FINALLY update to Monterey using OC 0.7.4 and some slightly modified Kernel Patches to avoid the "EB LOG:EXITBS:START" error everything whent smooth but internet isn't working... and i cannot manage to make it work.

I already obviously have everything i need in my kexts, as it was working fine with Big Sur.

Do i have to make something particular to get it to work? Has anyone with this same chipset managed to make it work?

thanks
Can you please share the kernel patches you used.. mine is breaking this point :-(

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Cyberdevs

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Cyberdevs
Do you know where it came from?
Honestly I don't remember where I got that kext from, one night I was looking for all the available kexts for my I211 LAN and I downloaded every related kexts I could find but I will post the link here if I ever find the source.
Ok update on that kext. System has been on for an hour now and LAN is still active. Sleep will still break it though but so far so good on Monterey 15.1 beta (21C5021h).

Yeah sadly it crashed on my rig as well while watching a movie on my HTPC so I guess we have to keep looking :confused:

Cyberdevs

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Could this be of help or has it been tried already? 🤔
This method didn't work for me. :(
The Ethernet is shown in the Network preferences but it says it's not connected.

It will work with I210 and I225 tho.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.