Unable to install beta

paraka

AMD OS X Member
Hello! I would like to ask for a little help...

I keep trying to install the Monterey beta (from an already working Big Sur), but every time that I boot up the installer, it always restarts
At first, according to the logs, the error was "MSU 1140 (EFI ROM does not support large BaseSystems)". I updated OC to 0.7.4 and turned on AdviseFeatures, which seemed to fix this

It doesn't shows that error anymore, but now "MSU 1013 (Unable to load context options into context.)" appears, and the update reboots anyway.
Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks! (also, don't know if important, but I have a X370 board)

Attachments

• patchd-1633370948.txt
    26.9 KB · Views: 4
  • patchd-1633474893.txt
    28.3 KB · Views: 1

Deleted member 12783

AMD OS X Member
Encountering a similar issue. Interestingly enough, there is a MacintoshHD partition that now is just there and will not boot or go away, and I cannot update to Monterey :(

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
AdviseFeatures doesn't need to be enabled. Make sure you've got SecureBootModel set to Default and the latest kernel patches and kexts.

Deleted member 12783

AMD OS X Member
AdviseFeatures doesn't need to be enabled. Make sure you've got SecureBootModel set to Default and the latest kernel patches and kexts.

I’ve done that unfortunately. I’m fairly sure anyways. I just started this recently so the patch should be the latest. And secure boot is enabled. I do have secure boot in my UEFI set to windows since I am dual booting win 11. Would that be an issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
List your full specs and post your current EFI folder.

Deleted member 12783

AMD OS X Member
List your full specs and post your current EFI folder.
EFI: https://cloud.atridad.dev/s/aJwbqkYYpNAiYtW
Specs:
  • Ryzen 3600
  • Asus Strix B450-F Gaming
  • AMD R7 5700XT
  • TP-Link T5E wireless card (uses a compatable Intel chip and I'm waiting for a natively supported broadcom one to come in tonight)
Thanks for looking into this! I was glad to see someone else had the same issue as me.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Give this a go.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 27

Deleted member 12783

AMD OS X Member
Tried the exact thing again and this time it worked lol. Who knows why. Thanks so much!

I’m of course how having the small tree issue where I’m just stuck on wifi but hey at least I have wifi.

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Meant to say clear the NVRAM but glad it's working now.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.