AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Cut The Grass

AMD OS X Member
With this Beta 8, I started to have random restarts... Nothing changed in terms of hardware.
Grab your 0.7.4 EFI and change CPU core patch + remove WEG + remove boot arg,
Reuse the 0.7.3 EFI and still having some random freezes + restart.
@AudioGod have you ever experienced something similar? Need a clue to troubleshoot this.

mjgha

AMD OS X Member
It’s totally compatible, The only real difference is the USBMap.kext so either disable it or replace it with your own if you have one.
Other then that your good. 👍
Awesome! had to indeed add my own USB map and reset USB controller with RHUB. Works great!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
With this Beta 8, I started to have random restarts... Nothing changed in terms of hardware.
Grab your 0.7.4 EFI and change CPU core patch + remove WEG + remove boot arg,
Reuse the 0.7.3 EFI and still having some random freezes + restart.
@AudioGod have you ever experienced something similar? Need a clue to troubleshoot this.
No never anything like that.
check your ram for stability or and if you are running a OverClock or PBO tuning then that’s probably the culprit

Last edited:

Cut The Grass

AMD OS X Member
No never anything like that.
check your ram for stability or and if you are running a OverClock or PBO tuning then that’s probably the culprit
Not sure if this is the culprit: I turned SIP back on and disabled the Adobe fix , seems to do the trick. Crashes happen very often with Adobe Apps running. I'm rock solid on windows with current settings for almost 3 months running folding at home none stop.
Going back to Beta 7 and 0.7.3 EFI for now.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
I see MacOS Beta 9 was just released. It will be interesting to see if Beta 9 can be installed without any EFI tweaking using OpenCore 0.7.4. Apple should be getting close to a final release which typically means a reduction in EFI changes required to install and run.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I see MacOS Beta 9 was just released. It will be interesting to see if Beta 9 can be installed without any EFI tweaking using OpenCore 0.7.4. Apple should be getting close to a final release which typically means a reduction in EFI changes required to install and run.
Installing now

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Beta 9 works just fine btw ;)

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Screenshot 2021-10-06 at 20.00.20.png
As @Shaneee said, Beta 9 works just fine. With 0.7.4 there's no messing around with anything, you just update like normal as it should be :)

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Anyone else having trouble with Ethernet connection showing up as Cable Unplugged? It was working fine before updating to MacOS 12 Beta 9. I have tried different cables and ports with no luck and just to double check I plugged in different device. It works fine in Windows 11. I also reset the NVRAM.

In Hardware Report the Ethernet is showing up with the proper MAC.

Could it be an issue with the LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext?

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Anyone else having trouble with Ethernet connection showing up as Cable Unplugged? It was working fine before updating to MacOS 12 Beta 9. I have tried different cables and ports with no luck and just to double check I plugged in different device. It works fine in Windows 11. I also reset the NVRAM.

In Hardware Report the Ethernet is showing up with the proper MAC.

Could it be an issue with the LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext?
I think you are getting your ports mixed up there old bean,

LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext on Beta 9 is working perfectly fine,
Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 13.56.25.png

However SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is borked again using Beta 9
Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 13.56.53.png

The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext came back to life in Beta 7 and 8 and they have taken it away again from us in Beta 9,
HOW LAME! lol

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the information.

I have X570 I Gaming ITX. If SmallTree is not working that explains it all. No 2.5G port just the older 1G Ethernet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks for the information.

I have X570 I Gaming ITX. If SmallTree is not working that explains it all. No 2.5G port just the older 1G Ethernet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep for you it’s smalltree for sure.
i hope this is just a beta 9 hiccup otherwise it’s going to be hard to get that kext fixed as the original dev of the kext isn’t interested nor does he have the hardware to do anything about it. :(

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Yep for you it’s smalltree for sure.
i hope this is just a beta 9 hiccup otherwise it’s going to be hard to get that kext fixed as the original dev of the kext isn’t interested nor does he have the hardware to do anything about it. :(

I actually emailed SmallTree about this. Their website states it doesn't even yet support Big Sur. They have no plans to update the kext and when I asked about Open Sourcing it they stopped replying. I think it's related to changes Apple have made to either IOPCIFamily or IONetworkingFamily.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Beta 9 for me OK

Snímek obrazovky 2021-10-08 v 17.32.11.png

mjgha

AMD OS X Member

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod Do you use an application MonitorControl (https://github.com/MonitorControl/MonitorControl) to control volume & brightness or Have you managed to have your screen show up as a built-in system? I get no sound when selecting internal speaker.
I don’t use MonitorControl no, Setting the audio output to Internal Speakers uses the main out on your internal sound card. If you want Audio over HDMI or DP you need to select your monitor in the Audio Out Page.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Screenshot 2021-10-13 at 19.04.20.png
Nice and Easy Update to Beta 10
Note - The SmallTree kext is still not working.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.