macOS Monterey Patches Released

savage001

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys,

I'm recently droped my Gigabyte B450m DS3H and it was working flawlessly from Big Sur to Monterey Beta 5 with the new patches.. But now on my new board, MSI B550m Mortar Wifi, i'm facing seriously difficulties... I simply cannot install Monterey on the latest stable Bios version. And I have alrealdy tried everything. Like someone described here before, it points some NVME error.

While scrambling the OC settings to find some solution I somehow messed up my EFI and now I cannot even install BigSur.. It enters recovery starts to install and suddenly reboots. =/

If someone find the solution, please share with us.. For now i gave up trying..

It would help if you shared your EFI even a borked one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@dnlzzxz If you are using a 3000 series Ryzen or older then You need to roll your bios revision right back until you find a working version that will allow Monterey to boot but If you are using a 5000 series CPU then theres nothing you can do currently To make it work with 12.0 Beta3 or newer.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

Cut The Grass

AMD OS X Member
so i assume adobe is still not supported at this point?
Depends what app, Photoshop works great,
Ps, Id, Ai, Ae, Acrobat DC working great. No problem so far. Only downside is you need fast CPU cores for GPU accelerated features that require AMD fixes such as object selection or liquify. It runs on CPU instead.

Seyven

AMD OS X Member
Do these patches work with the latest beta?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Seyven

AMD OS X Member
They sure do (y)
Wel... I can't update to Monterey... But I can log in to Big Sur with these patches. IDK what's wrong now.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's working now. Monterey fully functional.

Last edited:

Mymlan

AMD OS X Member
Hi, there,
Did you try to update for Monterey BETA 7?

Once I changed Misc -> Securebootmodel -> j160 then downloaded updater,
before reboot, I changed "j160" to "Disabled" or "x86legacy".
But I couldn't update.
There is still "Mackintosh HD" on Boot Picker.
I select it many times, it's fail.

I'm still in "21A5506j"....

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Beta 7 doesn't like to install on SMBIOS with T2 apparently.

But you can work around that:
Copy your EFI to a USB and set SecureBootModel to "Disabled" and SystemProductName to "iMac17,1"
Leave your main EFI on j160, use the EFI from the USB stick for the first reboot.

But be aware, Beta 7 remove drivers for Kepler - no Nvidia at all from here on out.

Mymlan

AMD OS X Member
Beta 7 doesn't like to install on SMBIOS with T2 apparently.

But you can work around that:
Copy your EFI to a USB and set SecureBootModel to "Disabled" and SystemProductName to "iMac17,1"
Leave your main EFI on j160, use the EFI from the USB stick for the first reboot.

But be aware, Beta 7 remove drivers for Kepler - no Nvidia at all from here on out.
Thank you for your replying.

I tried your way, but still back Beta 6.
Something wrong for me.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thank you for your replying.

I tried your way, but still back Beta 6.
Something wrong for me.
Try again but this time do it like this…,
Have your standard EFI the way you have it normally on your main drive with the SecureBootModel set to default or disabled and also a copy of it on a usb installer.
Go into the EFI on your usb Installer and change the SecureBootModel to j160 then restart and boot back up via the Efi on the usb installer.
Start the update for beta 7 and while it is downloading go back into the EFI on your USB Installer and change the SecureBootModel to Default and then under platforminfo->Generic change the SystemProductName to iMac17,1, Save the config.plist changes And let the install do it’s thing.
Once the system restarts for the first time make sure it’s still running off the usb installer EFI and let the installation continue but as soon as it restarts again select your EFI from your Main Drive instead of the USB installer and let the installer complete and that’s it.
It should work with no problem If you do it exactly how I just said.

Mymlan

AMD OS X Member
Try again but this time do it like this…,
Have your standard EFI the way you have it normally on your main drive with the SecureBootModel set to default or disabled and also a copy of it on a usb installer.
Go into the EFI on your usb Installer and change the SecureBootModel to j160 then restart and boot back up via the Efi on the usb installer.
Start the update for beta 7 and while it is downloading go back into the EFI on your USB Installer and change the SecureBootModel to Default and then under platforminfo->Generic change the SystemProductName to iMac17,1, Save the config.plist changes And let the install do it’s thing.
Once the system restarts for the first time make sure it’s still running off the usb installer EFI and let the installation continue but as soon as it restarts again select your EFI from your Main Drive instead of the USB installer and let the installer complete and that’s it.
It should work with no problem If you do it exactly how I just said.
Thank you AudioGod !!

BETA 7 is succeeded !
I'm so excited !

God, it's so you !

Here's screenshot and
My favorite stray cat picture, for you !

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thank you AudioGod !!

BETA 7 is succeeded !
I'm so excited !

God, it's so you !

Here's screenshot and
My favorite stray cat picture, for you !
All is fixed now with the latest commit of OC 0.7.4 and that ridicules process is no longer needed thank god for that…lol

Your Cat is AWESOME! Meooowwwwwww 😂

savage001

AMD OS X Member
So far with my laptop I’ve had no luck getting beta 7 to even show up with both OC and Clover, going to try again tonight but I’m also going to try on my AMD rig using the method above. Will update later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ploddles

AMD OS X Member
How is beta 8, released earlier today, looking?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Beta 8 is safe to update.

OpenCore 0.7.4 is required with SecureBootModel set to j160 to show the update. While downloading the update switch it back to your current config. In my case with MacPro7,1 it's set to Default.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Screenshot 2021-09-28 at 23.27.28.png
No problems here either with 0.7.4

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.