Potential temporary fix for sound garbling issue on G-series APU's

astrihale

AMD OS X Member
Hello ^^

I have made this application from my script I used for more than a year to attempt fix the sound on my AMD OSX machine.
I have a Ryzen 5 2400G, and I've run both Catalina & Big Sur with this script, and it has given me better results in day-to-day life
with my machine. The sound is better and the general usability is much smoother with this.

It is a little tray application that sits in your status bar and keeps your machine happy ^^
Speedkeeper.png

The application can be found here, more details are also listed on the main page of GitHub, the guide how to set it up and how it works, and all the source code is also there.

I'm looking if anyone can help me test this even more, I am a single person who is happy with this, and there are some other people who used my old version to test, and it seems like I had some positive responses!

I know that it works with my 2400G
If anyone that has these and can test, I would really love to hear the feedback: 2200G, 3200G, 3400G, 4300G, 4600G, 4700G

(I really hope moderators are fine with this, all the code here is open source, I'm just trying to help people cope with this issue in a way I can)

This is my old project, where the pure NodeJS script that did the work for me a year is sitting. There is also a branch with runbackground script if you want a version that does not require an open Terminal window.

kingraptor88

AMD OS X Member
Hello ^^

I have made this application from my script I used for more than a year to attempt fix the sound on my AMD OSX machine.
I have a Ryzen 5 2400G, and I've run both Catalina & Big Sur with this script, and it has given me better results in day-to-day life
with my machine. The sound is better and the general usability is much smoother with this.

It is a little tray application that sits in your status bar and keeps your machine happy ^^
View attachment 2459

The application can be found here, more details are also listed on the main page of GitHub, the guide how to set it up and how it works, and all the source code is also there.

I'm looking if anyone can help me test this even more, I am a single person who is happy with this, and there are some other people who used my old version to test, and it seems like I had some positive responses!

I know that it works with my 2400G
If anyone that has these and can test, I would really love to hear the feedback: 2200G, 3200G, 3400G, 4300G, 4600G, 4700G

(I really hope moderators are fine with this, all the code here is open source, I'm just trying to help people cope with this issue in a way I can)

This is my old project, where the pure NodeJS script that did the work for me a year is sitting. There is also a branch with runbackground script if you want a version that does not require an open Terminal window.
hi there, i recently install big sur 11.5 on my a520 + ryzen 5 pro 4650g. my graphic is not recognized by mac os. is there any way to fix this problem or i should use external graphic? and i can try your script if i stable in current configuration.

astrihale

AMD OS X Member
hi there, i recently install big sur 11.5 on my a520 + ryzen 5 pro 4650g. my graphic is not recognized by mac os. is there any way to fix this problem or i should use external graphic? and i can try your script if i stable in current configuration.
I think you should be able to use it, but only once you solve your graphics issue.
The issue this is solving is not regarding graphics. If what I know about graphics is still up to date, the Ryzen APU's graphics are not supported by macOS, and probably never will be.
If you're really serious about running macOS, you would need an external GPU, just like how I'm using an RX580.

After that, if you're having sound garbling issues/stuttering issues, by fix should provide some help with that.

kingraptor88

AMD OS X Member
I think you should be able to use it, but only once you solve your graphics issue.
The issue this is solving is not regarding graphics. If what I know about graphics is still up to date, the Ryzen APU's graphics are not supported by macOS, and probably never will be.
If you're really serious about running macOS, you would need an external GPU, just like how I'm using an RX580.

After that, if you're having sound garbling issues/stuttering issues, by fix should provide some help with that.
yes after some search it seems that i should buy the cheapest graphic cart available that support mac os, how ever right know i have 7mb graphic. i just want mac os for flutter ios output not daily usage. i prefer windows 11.

mmp369

AMD OS X Member
Thank you very much for your sharing, the sound effect is not bad on my 2200g, and the stuttering problem is solved a little.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.