AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I saw it on my dev channel. Not public beta yet.
I’m using dev beta5, it’s just not showing for me when I check for an update. I’m not the only one who’s not getting the update too, very strange

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
I’m using dev beta5, it’s just not showing for me when I check for an update. I’m not the only one who’s not getting the update too, very strange
It is not longer showing up. I just booted back into MacOS and the Beta 6 update is gone.

I just saw the update is only for the M1 Chip

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
For anybody that’s not seeing the beta6 update what you need todo is go into the Config.plist and set the Secure boot model to j160 restart and the update will show up and then disable the SecureBootModel while it’s downloading and let the system do its thing. Using Default/x86legacy or Disabled seems to break the update.
This is the only method that seems to work so far.

Other then that all is working fine and its safe to update just remember the above.
Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 10.19.04.png

reinierlazo

AMD OS X Member
OK.png

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
For anybody that’s not seeing the beta6 update what you need todo is go into the Config.plist and set the Secure boot model to j160 restart and the update will show up and then disable the SecureBootModel while it’s downloading and let the system do its thing. Using Default/x86legacy or Disabled seems to break the update.

Other then that all is working fine and its safe to update just remember the above.
View attachment 3952
So simple, thanks.

I had to try twice to get it install. The first time I changed SecureBootModel to “disable”instead of “Disabled”.

Cut The Grass

AMD OS X Member

Do you see any improvement in graphics performance?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Do you see any improvement in graphics performance?
I can’t say I have checked TBH, I got it up and running and had a ton todo. I will check that one later bud. :)

Cut The Grass

AMD OS X Member
I can’t say I have checked TBH, I got it up and running and had a ton todo. I will check that one later bud. :)
Thanks a lot brother.
After working for several hours, I'm experiencing period of slow down, even typing on safari address bar feel sluggish. All at random. Restart fixes it.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks a lot brother.
After working for several hours, I'm experiencing period of slow down, even typing on safari address bar feel sluggish. All at random. Restart fixes it.
Try resetting your nvram.

Cut The Grass

AMD OS X Member
Try resetting your nvram.
already did.
I removed all windows-related drives (4 SATA drives and 1 NVME) and detached all unnecessary USBs.
Leaving only the Razer wireless dongle and the USB soundcard

thisisgm

AMD OS X Member
Hi, I have an Asus X570 TUF Pro WiFi motherboard and I’m having USB dongle mouse lag issues, I want to try this EFI out and see if it fixes my issues, the lag is only present in macOS and with the dongle, works perfect in Windows and on macOS with bluetooth. If I replace the usb map & ethernet kexts along with SMBIOS serial info, do you think this will work? Thanks!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi, I have an Asus X570 TUF Pro WiFi motherboard and I’m having USB dongle mouse lag issues, I want to try this EFI out and see if it fixes my issues, the lag is only present in macOS and with the dongle, works perfect in Windows and on macOS with bluetooth. If I replace the usb map & ethernet kexts along with SMBIOS serial info, do you think this will work? Thanks!
Replace or remove the USBMap.kext and remove the LucyEthernet kext and the EFI will work with a X570 TUF

eduard0

AMD OS X Member
Hey AG, I noticed a few pages back you mentioned that BigNavi work better with WhateverGreen disabled. What kind of differences have you found it's made?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hey AG, I noticed a few pages back you mentioned that BigNavi work better with WhateverGreen disabled. What kind of differences have you found it's made?
If your running dual screens it performs much better with WEG disabled, you don’t need any WEG related boot arguments and it just seems smoother as a whole, the only downside is you loose the hdmi output.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
OpenCore 0.7.3 EFI Update (Monterey 12.0 Beta 6 Ready), 7th September 2021

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Changes made include,
  • Lilu 1.5.6,
  • AppleALC 1.6.4,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.3,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.7,
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.4,
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet 1.1.0
  • SMCAMDProcessor 0.7
  • New Universal AMD Patches Monterey 12.0 Beta 6 Compatible,
  • SIP Can now be toggled within OpenCanopy,
  • OpenCanopy Icons Updated,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.3 (Monterey Beta 6 Ready),
  • 2.5Ghz Ethernet Auto Negotiation Fixed,
  • Memory Mapping is now Being done via RestrictEvents,
  • About This Mac now displays the correct AMD Processor info done via RestrictEvents,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.
Note 1 - If your not using a RX 6800 or any other Navi/BigNavi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - If you are using Catalina then in the Config.plist under Misc->Security Change SecureBootModel=Default to j160 or Catalina will not boot.

Note 3 - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

Note 4 - The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is not working under Monterey 12.0 so if you plan on playing around with the new OS for now make sure you use the 2.5GHz ethernet port instead.

Note 5 - BIOS SETTING CHANGE - Since Bios Revision 4010 Power On By PCIe can break shut down on some peoples builds so ensure the following setting is now set as disabled.
  • Advanced -> APM Configuration -> Power On By PCIe -> Disabled

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following
1627932237694.png

IMPORTANT PATCH INFO TO SET THE CORRECT CORE COUNT FOR YOUR CPU
Core Count patch needs to be modified to boot your system. Find the two algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package patches and alter the Replace value only.

Changing BA000000 0000/BA000000 0090* to BA <CoreCount> 0000 0000/BA <CoreCount> 0000 0090* substituting <CoreCount> with the hexadeciamal value matching your physical core count.

Note: The three different values reflect the patch for different versions of macOS. Be sure to change all three if you boot macOS 10.13 to macOS 12

See the table below for the values matching your CPU Core Count.

CoreCountHexadecimal
6 Core06
8 Core08
12 Core0C
16 Core10
32 Core20
So for example a 6 Core 5600X would result in these replace values, BA 06 0000 0000/BA 06 0000 0090
Or a 12 Core 5900X that I have it setup as standard would result in these replace values, BA 0C 0000 0000/BA 0C 0000 0090

EXAMPLE
12 Core EXAMPLE
Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 19.51.06.png

Power Gadget App
The AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext has been updated and has gone from good to Amazing so make sure you download the latest version of the Power Gadget App to make the most of it.
AMD.Power.Gadget.app.zip

Finally and as always, MAKE SURE YOU RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI.

OpenCore EFI Update V0.7.3 - 07/09/2021

Attachments

• Asus X570-E 073 EFI .zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
AudioGod,

Thanks for the new EFI. A breeze, as always with your EFI, to configure the processor and iServices.

I just wanted to let you know your core count photos are not showing up.

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
AudioGod,

Thanks for the new EFI. A breeze, as always with your EFI, to configure the processor and iServices.

I just wanted to let you know your core count photos are not showing up.
I can see them, I have one of the examples as a spoiler now to take up less space.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
I can see them, I have one of the examples as a spoiler now to take up less space.
Any way to get MacOS Recovery and Windows recovery to show in the hidden picker section?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Any way to get MacOS Recovery and Windows recovery to show in the hidden picker section?
Don’t know about windows recovery but MacOS recovery is there, Press Space at the bootpicker

Aledky91

AMD OS X Member
How can you change the name of the processor? I am trying with CPU-Name and it tries but it does not work since the files are in read only.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.