x570 Aorus Elite - 3700X - Red Devil 5700XT

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
@Pulsar I have the same mobo and CPU and have an EFI that's mostly identical to yours, except my 'hack runs 100%. Did you ever get iMessage working? For me it worked OOB and see no reason why yours does not. I even can take calls and FaceTime. Also, why bother with port mapping? For me, all USB work at their proper speeds (4 front+10 rear) with WiFi and Bluetooth dongles working as they should. Just curious.

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
@Pulsar I have the same mobo and CPU and have an EFI that's mostly identical to yours, except my 'hack runs 100%. Did you ever get iMessage working? For me it worked OOB and see no reason why yours does not. I even can take calls and FaceTime. Also, why bother with port mapping? For me, all USB work at their proper speeds (4 front+10 rear) with WiFi and Bluetooth dongles working as they should. Just curious.

Hi Bansaku,

I tried again Message now and actually works. On 11.5.1 when I opened it crashed me after a few seconds. I have now managed to send messages. If you didn't tell me I wouldn't even try again! Thanks.

Even to me all the USB work but they suggested to mapping them because there may be problems. At the moment I didn't mappay them, I just gave an eye to what was detected when I put a key. In general, the USB work all.

The only thing, which I couldn't work is sidecar with the iPad Pro... but I think I should arrange even something.

... to tell the truth I am surprised to see how MacOS goes well, it gives me any kind of problems. When I chose the pc pieces I already intended to make a hack, initially I wanted to mount all intel costs ... In the end it came exactly what I wanted. I'm really happy.

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
Hi Bansaku,

I tried again Message now and actually works. On 11.5.1 when I opened it crashed me after a few seconds. I have now managed to send messages. If you didn't tell me I wouldn't even try again! Thanks.

Even to me all the USB work but they suggested to mapping them because there may be problems. At the moment I didn't mappay them, I just gave an eye to what was detected when I put a key. In general, the USB work all.

The only thing, which I couldn't work is sidecar with the iPad Pro... but I think I should arrange even something.

... to tell the truth I am surprised to see how MacOS goes well, it gives me any kind of problems. When I chose the pc pieces I already intended to make a hack, initially I wanted to mount all intel costs ... In the end it came exactly what I wanted. I'm really happy.

Excellent! I was an Intel user for years and only switched (back) to AMD because of cost (and Intel's attitude) and was shocked at how "vanilla" my system is. I too can not seem to get sidecar to work. Maybe it's very dependant on the Bluetooth dongle used as Bluetooth in general works with what I have.

tatofuma

AMD OS X Member
Excellent! I was an Intel user for years and only switched (back) to AMD because of cost (and Intel's attitude) and was shocked at how "vanilla" my system is. I too can not seem to get sidecar to work. Maybe it's very dependant on the Bluetooth dongle used as Bluetooth in general works with what I have.
the functioning of sidecar depends only on the fact that it uses the integrated gpu of the intel processors.

Thanks for sharing your efi @Pulsar .
Work great for me except for the shutdown. like the other EFIs I have tried, I still have problems with shutting down. The computer turns off but after a few seconds it restarts by itself
(Sei Italiano?)

Last edited:

codecex

AMD OS X Member
the functioning of sidecar depends only on the fact that it uses the integrated gpu of the intel processors.

Thanks for sharing your efi @Pulsar .
Work great for me except for the shutdown. like the other EFIs I have tried, I still have problems with shutting down. The computer turns off but after a few seconds it restarts by itself
(Sei Italiano?)
Hi, this error is because of the ERP, i had the same problem, just login in to your gigabyte BIOS and change the value of the ERP, (i dont remember at this moment if i enabled or disabled it, i think that i disabled it), reboot and after that you must be able to shutdown with no issues.

BTW: anyone has tried to upgrade to Big Sur 11.6? actually im still on 11.5.1

tatofuma

AMD OS X Member
Hi, this error is because of the ERP, i had the same problem, just login in to your gigabyte BIOS and change the value of the ERP, (i dont remember at this moment if i enabled or disabled it, i think that i disabled it), reboot and after that you must be able to shutdown with no issues.

I have enabled erp ( enable= no power to usb when pc off)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member

Hi all guys, I hadn't seen the answers in the topic.

I continue to use my hack without any problems.
I am currently at version 11.5.2 with OC updated to 7.2.

Have you updated successfully?

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
Short guide to using LiquidCTL.

First of all you need to install Homebrew via your terminal. It is a very simple operation. Find several videos on Youtube that explain how to do it. Just be aware that you will have to disable the SIP (System Integrity Protector).

Once Homebrew is installed, search for LiquidCTL via Homebrew on your terminal.
Just enter in the command line:

brew search liquictl

and install it with the command:

brew install liquictl

Once liquidCTL is installed, you should look for the program manual on GitHub where it shows you, as well as the supported hardware, the way to change the color of the motherboard LEDs.

Personally I keep the LEDs of the fans white and the LED on the left of the processor green. This is the command to set it:

liquidctl --pick 1 initialize liquidctl --pick 1 set sync color fixed ffffff liquidctl --pick 1 set led1 color fixed 008000

The first command line initializes all the LEDs on the motherboard, as suggested by the manual;
The second line sets ALL LEDs to white;
The third line sets led1 (the one to the right of the CPU) to green.

To choose the color set the RGB code of the color you are interested in, "ffffff" is white "008000" is green.

Finally, to launch liquidctl at login, use Automator and, through the "Run shell script" section in "Workflow".
In the dropdown set bin / bash and enter the commands you want. Launch the Automator file at login.

#!/bin/bash /usr/local/bin/liquidctl --pick 1 initialize /usr/local/bin/liquidctl --pick 1 set sync color fixed ffffff /usr/local/bin/liquidctl --pick 1 set led1 color fixed 008000

Schermata 2021-09-18 alle 22.15.24.png

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@Pulsar I also set the pump speed with my startup script,

Bash:
/usr/local/bin/liquidctl --match kraken set pump speed 100

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
@Pulsar I also set the pump speed with my startup script,

Bash:
/usr/local/bin/liquidctl --match kraken set pump speed 100

What a bully Shaneee 🤟
Thx

tatofuma

AMD OS X Member
successfully updated. Oc 0.7.4 and Big Sur 11.6
Attention, change the declaration structure of the drivers in the config.plist

A little problem:
I have no audio through the hdmi output of my video card (rx 5500 xt). Can it be fixed?

@Pulsar @AudioGod

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
successfully updated. Oc 0.7.4 and Big Sur 11.6
Attention, change the declaration structure of the drivers in the config.plist

A little problem:
I have no audio through the hdmi output of my video card (rx 5500 xt). Can it be fixed?

@Pulsar @AudioGod
That’s odd, You shouldn’t have any problems with audio via HDMI on any Navi GPUs.
You can try going into the Config.plist and under kernel->patches scroll down to the last patch in the list and enable it followed by disabling the patch directly before it. If you already have it setup that way then do the opposite and enable the second to last patch and disable the very last one.

1632336984114.png

tatofuma

AMD OS X Member
That’s odd, You shouldn’t have any problems with audio via HDMI on any Navi GPUs.
You can try going into the Config.plist and under kernel->patches scroll down to the last patch in the list and enable it followed by disabling the patch directly before it. If you already have it setup that way then do the opposite and enable the second to last patch and disable the very last one.

View attachment 4060
nothing change after this correction

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
nothing change after this correction
Have you tried a different HDMi cable and or made sure the correct output is selected for your audio?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

tatofuma

AMD OS X Member
Thats very strange, I’m not sure what’s going on there I’m afraid but if I think of something il let you know straight away.
I have read about many people having the same problem with hdmi audio.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I have read about many people having the same problem with hdmi audio.
Not with Navi cards really, older Polaris were troublesome for a few but I have never come across a 5xxx gpu that had hdmi audio trouble.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.