AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

eduard0

AMD OS X Member
I just want to make sure I’m not doing something stupid… which is entirely possible… :unsure:

I’ve tried a few different versions of the EFI now (0.7.0, 0.7.1, 0.7.2) all modified as suggested and with the modifications that I could see needed to be made for my hardware.

Trying to install Big Sur 12.5.1, the furthest I’ve made it is about 20% from the end of the first stage of the install. It fails with a nondescript error, literally something along the lines of “cannot complete because of an error”.

On my most recent attempt, using a freshly rewritten USB (I tried to write it from my mum’s M1 laptop in case my older hardware was being an issue), 0.7.1, and freshly updated firmware on the motherboard (now running 4005), I received a notice about ‘no schema for GraphicsInputMirroring’, then once the installer started the mouse was a large glitch field and the screen was pretty much a 400x200 area of the normal install screen stretched to fill the entire display but offset by half the screen.

I’ve given up for the night being that it’s 2:44AM and mistakes are likely to be made, but any insights that may be helpful? The last thing I want to do is have to go back to having to use Windows :ROFLMAO:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@eduard0 Try again using the EFI attached to this post.
I have done everything for you based on your system spec and created SMBIOS details for you so no changes are needed.
Put the EFI directly onto your Big Sur USB Installers EFI Partition and you should be fine.

Also make sure your BIOS is using Firmware 4005 or 4010 Beta

BIOS Settings
  • Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup
  • Exit -> Load Optimised Defaults
  • Ai Tweaker -> Ai Overclock Tuner -> D.O.C.P.
  • Advanced -> APM Configuration -> Power On By PCIe -> Enabled
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Re-Size BAR Support -> Disabled
  • Advanced -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto or Disabled
  • Boot -> Boot Configuration -> Fast boot -> Disabled
  • Boot -> CSM -> Launch CSM -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> OS Type -> Windows UEFI mode
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> Key Management -> Clear Secure Boot Keys
Good Luck,

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@eduard0 Sorry Buddy I forgot to set the correct Cores for your CPU so use this EFI instead.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 22

Peam

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod thank you very much for the reply regarding the WiFi Card replacing, helped a Lot! :)
One last question: what is meant by "internal mic input not working"? Does the Mic over the Headphone Jack not work?

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
AudioGod,

Just wanted to provide you some information after updating to v4010.

Windows 11 idle temperature dropped from 45-46C to 39-40C and

Monterey beta 5 dropped from 45C to 38C.

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
AudioGod,

Just wanted to provide you some information after updating to v4010.

Windows 11 idle temperature dropped from 45-46C to 39-40C and

Monterey beta 5 dropped from 45C to 38C.
Wow that's cool,
Ive actually not checked temps difference but I will now you said that :)

Update, Ive not checked windows yet but my old idol temp in MacOS was around 36-38c but now....Screenshot 2021-08-13 at 21.59.18.png.....What can I say to that...lol

Last edited:

eduard0

AMD OS X Member
@eduard0 Sorry Buddy I forgot to set the correct Cores for your CPU so use this EFI instead.
Hey mate, using that I hit the same error as I was getting. I’m going to go grab some new USB drives in case this one is the issue.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hey mate, using that I hit the same error as I was getting. I’m going to go grab some new USB drives in case this one is the issue.
Yeah try making a new installer with a different usb drive.

eduard0

AMD OS X Member
Yeah try making a new installer with a different usb drive.
No love unfortunately, still the same error. I tried with a new USB of a different size and brand and a freshly downloaded install DMG. It’s quite baffling really.

How stable is Monterey? As long as I can use Photoshop reasonably reliably I don’t mind any of the other stuff being a bit flaky.

EDIT: tried with Monterey, still no good. Still the same error at roughly the same position. Seems like there’s an issue that’s deeper here :(

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
No love unfortunately, still the same error. I tried with a new USB of a different size and brand and a freshly downloaded install DMG. It’s quite baffling really.

How stable is Monterey? As long as I can use Photoshop reasonably reliably I don’t mind any of the other stuff being a bit flaky.

EDIT: tried with Monterey, still no good. Still the same error at roughly the same position. Seems like there’s an issue that’s deeper here :(
It’s not the EFI unless you have something extra in your setup that needs something else And also the error isn’t something I see ever. Looks more like a install failure then it does a miss configure leading to a fail.
It’s possible that you have a NVMe that needs the NVMeFixUp Kext I guess but I’ve not heard of a Samsung 980 needing the kext.

gatorchamp85

AMD OS X Member
Wow that's cool,
Ive actually not checked temps difference but I will now you said that :)

Update, Ive not checked windows yet but my old idol temp in MacOS was around 36-38c but now....View attachment 3850.....What can I say to that...lol
I've got a similar cooler to yours (the 280mm version), my idle temps are in the mid 40s to 50s with higher power consumption. Anything in particular you're doing on the Mac side? I typically get mid-30s idle temps in Windows.

I do have my curve optimizer set to -20 on all cores (-15 on my best core) and set PPT/TDC/EDC at 160/110/160.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I've got a similar cooler to yours (the 280mm version), my idle temps are in the mid 40s to 50s with higher power consumption. Anything in particular you're doing on the Mac side? I typically get mid-30s idle temps in Windows.

I do have my curve optimizer set to -20 on all cores (-15 on my best core) and set PPT/TDC/EDC at 160/110/160.
There are variables that you need to factor in like I live in a basement flat in London that isn’t the hottest of temperatures on the best of days plus your case, your air flow, even the thermal paste your using.
As long as it’s not hitting 90c 24/7 I wouldn’t worry to much if I was you.

filou_7

AMD OS X Member
successfully installed big sur. yeah yeah yeah.. i´m so happy. but guys, how can i activate my HDMI ports on my RX 580 ? 😂

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
successfully installed big sur. yeah yeah yeah.. i´m so happy. but guys, how can i activate my HDMI ports on my RX 580 ? 😂
You HDMI ports should be active already unless you haven't installed the WhateverGreen.Kext to your EFI,
If you haven’t then do so.

filou_7

AMD OS X Member
You HDMI ports should be active already unless you haven't installed the WhateverGreen.Kext to your EFI,
If you haven’t then do so.
thank you. i got it in this moment with bootarg agdpmod=pikera :) before it was "ignore". my other try to install mojave with the same EFI but the older smalltree kext was not successful for now. i start the installer, i can see the apple logo for a very short time and then reboot. i will try verbose mode to see what happens there...

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
thank you. i got it in this moment with bootarg agdpmod=pikera :) before it was "ignore". my other try to install mojave with the same EFI but the older smalltree kext was not successful for now. i start the installer, i can see the apple logo for a very short time and then reboot. i will try verbose mode to see what happens there...
An RX580 needs no boot argument so remove agdpmod=pikera as that’s only meant for Navi / Big Navi GPUs.

As it says in the main post and update notifications……

GPU
If your not using a RX 6800 or any other Navi or Big Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

filou_7

AMD OS X Member
An RX580 needs no boot argument so remove agdpmod=pikera as that’s only meant for Navi / Big Navi GPUs.

As it says in the main post and update notifications……

GPU
If your not using a RX 6800 or any other Navi or Big Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

ok perfect. I should have read it more carefully.

eduard0

AMD OS X Member
It’s not the EFI unless you have something extra in your setup that needs something else And also the error isn’t something I see ever. Looks more like a install failure then it does a miss configure leading to a fail.
It’s possible that you have a NVMe that needs the NVMeFixUp Kext I guess but I’ve not heard of a Samsung 980 needing the kext.
I tried with that and no luck either. So far yours is the only EFI I’ve even been able to actually get to do anything, so it’s definitely on the right track.

Am I able to PM you my actual parts list (ie. actual stock codes etc) for you to see if there’s anything that sticks out? I’ve reached the end of Google and found very little insightful.

Cheers for your help so far, I’d have accumulated a few more grey hairs the last few days without it 😬

eduard0

AMD OS X Member
After messing about in the BIOS for a bunch of hours and trying all sorts of stuff, I eventually cracked the nut it seems. I haven’t tested stability or installed anything yet, but… it’s definitely a Hackintosh!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
After messing about in the BIOS for a bunch of hours and trying all sorts of stuff, I eventually cracked the nut it seems. I haven’t tested stability or installed anything yet, but… it’s definitely a Hackintosh!
Well done, 👏
What was the bios setting that broke it all for you?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.