Solved MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus + Ryzen R7 5800X +RX 5700XT (OpenCore 0.7.0 EFI)

LP120900

AMD OS X Member
Hello my friends. In this post I would like to give you a short long-term review of my revised Ryzentosch. At the same time, I wanted to show you that the new Ryzen processors of the 5000 series are real monsters. Even under Mac OS Big Sur and with a mid-range mainboard, the system still runs around 35 percent faster than with my old Ryzen R7 3700X.
So this hardware which I present to you today is more than enough for a really strong Ryzentosh!

My Ryentosh:
Motherboard
CPU:
RAM:
GPU:
M.2 SSD:
SATA SSD:
HDD:

DVD+-RW

System Power:

System Case:
ONE GAMING FORCE X5
Mac OS Compatible WIFI&BT Card:

USB 2.0 Flashcard&USB Reader:
Unknown!

OpenCore Components:

ACPI:

SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml
SSDT-NVMe.aml
SSDT-SBRG.aml
SSDT-SBUS-MCHC

Drivers:
OpenCanopy.efi
OpenHfsPlus.efi
OpenRuntime.efi

Kext's:
ACPIMonitor.kext
AmdCPUMonitor.kext
AppleALC.kext
FakeSMC.kext
Lilu.kext
NVMeFix.kext
RadeonMonitor.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
RestrictEvents.kext
SMCAMDProcessor.kext
USBPorts.kext
W836x.kext

What works?
Everything works without any problems! Even sidecar works without any errors!

Attachments

• MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus + Ryzen R7 5800X +RX 5700X EFI.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 256
Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Wow how did you get sidecar working on a AMD setup using SMBios 7,1 without a T2 chip or igpu involved?
This is major news so please do explain this so I can give it a go and see if I can get the same result?
A screenshot of sidecar working via a iPad or iPhone would be awesome too.
Have you reported this over at Acidanthera because they would like to know about this even more then me?
Again WoW :)

Last edited:

LP120900

AMD OS X Member
Wow how did you get sidecar working on a AMD setup using SMBios 7,1 without a T2 chip or igpu involved?
This is major news so please do explain this so I can give it a go and see if I can get the same result?
A screenshot of sidecar working via a iPad or iPhone would be awesome too.
Have you reported this over at Acidanthera because they would like to know about this even more then me?
Again WoW :)

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Explain how you got it working please?
is it working wireless or via USB?

Show me a screenshot from the iPad or iPhone running sidecar instead or a shot of your Mac showing sidecar show it on the destination device Please buddy,

Last edited:

LP120900

AMD OS X Member
Explain how you got it working please?
is it working wireless or via USB?

Show me a screenshot from the iPad or iPhone running sidecar instead or a shot of your Mac showing sidecar show it on the destination device Please buddy,
on Wireless 😉

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
on Wireless 😉
Well please do explain how it’s done and also show some screenshots of the device in sidecar action.
At the moment you are doing something that’s not meant to be possible and your not explaining yourself on how it’s done so massive doubt looms over your words until you explain it or show solid evidence.
At the moment you are doing neither so I’m finding it very hard to believe.
I look forward to you explaining it all to us. :)

@Shaneee Do you have any knowledge about sidecar working on 7,1 with no iGPU On a AMD platform?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@Shaneee Do you have any knowledge about sidecar working on 7,1 with no iGPU On a AMD platform?

Once but there was no explanation of how it was done. It certainally would be nice to know how it was done, especially being that it's working via wireless. An IOReg with the device connected would be nice.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
And still we wait to hear how this magic was done! 😂

Last edited:

mjgha

AMD OS X Member
And still we wait to hear how this magic was done! 😂

This GIF needs no other words.. haha Would be awesome to see uncover this magic further :p

HEAD3AD

AMD OS X Member
hello, this is my first Hackintosh attempt. I have the exact same config I tried everything from scratch as the open core website stated. but it gets stuck on generating pci config, I tried copying your EFI but says ocb loadimage failed not found. can someone please help

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
hello, this is my first Hackintosh attempt. I have the exact same config I tried everything from scratch as the open core website stated. but it gets stuck on generating pci config, I tried copying your EFI but says ocb loadimage failed not found. can someone please help

You can try my EFI from the same board, https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/shaneees-ryzenpro-5600x-rx-480.4/

Add your own SMBios Serials and add agdpmod=ignore to the boot args and try.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.