Noob question! R5-3500X+GTX1050 High sierra

Ryan1218

AMD OS X Member
I saw some one say that I can download High Sierra for AMD here, but I could not even find the download link.
Might someone help me find the link?
Really thanks for any advice from anyone!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Ryan1218

AMD OS X Member
gibMacOS. Use the Dortania guide. It's written how to do it there ;)

I tried it and successfully made an USB.

Howerever, the RAM seems to go wrong.
In bios, CSM, XMP and secure boot were disabled, 4G decoding and AHCI were enabled.
''End randomseed'' or ''Using reloc block: yes (sometimes no), hiberbate wake : no'' just keep happening.
I have tried these all EFI separatelly.

I downloaded EFI from this link and my MB is B450 Aorus pro wifi.

Should I try to adjust FAKE CPUID and how(what number should I try?)

Thanks for any help and advice!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I downloaded EFI from this link and my MB is B450 Aorus pro wifi.

This is where you went wrong. Follow the guide I listed and make your own EFI. Less to go wrong there.

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member

You mean this one right?
As the Pro say it's best if you try to make your own EFI without copying it from others.

Maybe you can look for some builds that have the same MoBo as you to see how they set up AppleALC (for audio) and what kext you need for the network. If you mount a GTX maybe you will have a few more problems ...

This build has the same Mobo as you, but different GPU, maybe give it a look but don't copy it, it won't work with you.

Yes, follow that guide, maybe help yourself with some videos on Youtube.
This video was very helpful to me. Check which kext can fit your board. This video will help you configure and patch the config.plist files.

Last edited:

Ryan1218

AMD OS X Member
As the Pro say it's best if you try to make your own EFI without copying it from others.

Maybe you can look for some builds that have the same MoBo as you to see how they set up AppleALC (for audio) and what kext you need for the network. If you mount a GTX maybe you will have a few more problems ...

This build has the same Mobo as you, but different GPU, maybe give it a look but don't copy it, it won't work with you.

Yes, follow that guide, maybe help yourself with some videos on Youtube.
This video was very helpful to me. Check which kext can fit your board. This video will help you configure and patch the config.plist files.
I am very grateful for you! I will go and try! Thank you~

Ryan1218

AMD OS X Member
This is where you went wrong. Follow the guide I listed and make your own EFI. Less to go wrong there.
[Solved] I found this happened just because I didn't save the correct config.plist. Thanks to all who tried to help me! Go for next step now.

Hello! I have tried your method (downloaded dmg and created USB by gibMacOS, followed the guide you adviced, created my own EFI); however ,frustratedly, this happened again. This is my own EFI. If you are free and available, might you help my find what's going wrong? Thank you!

And my bios setting also followed the guide.
My MB is B450 aorus pro wifi.

disable:
fast boot
secure boot
CSM
resized BAR support

enable:
I used npci=0*2000 in boot-args with 4G decoding disabled( because I had an aorus MB)
EHXI/XHCI
AHCI

I cannot find in my bios:
serial/COM port
parallel port
OS type

Last edited:

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
I am very grateful for you! I will go and try! Thank you~

It is certainly complex to fix the hack and you can have several problems but, in quotation marks, "if you understand the basic concept it is not difficult to get started".

Basically in the EFI folder you will have to put the kernel extensions that allow you to use the various chipsets of your motherboard + the gpu. You will also put the files for the use of USB ports, tools, etc ... all these files that you put in the EFI folder you will find them in your config.plist file, which you will use to set the options to run the hackintosh. When you have put the files inside the folder (careful, some are fundamental on all Hacks) you will have to inject the config.plist file. In the video it does this when it launches the Snapshot command. This command in a nutshell will load in your config.plist file all the kexts, .efi files, etc ...

This is what I understood so as to make sense of the preparation of the folder. Maybe I said some nonsense and I'll be glad to be corrected.

Ryan1218

AMD OS X Member
It is certainly complex to fix the hack and you can have several problems but, in quotation marks, "if you understand the basic concept it is not difficult to get started".

Basically in the EFI folder you will have to put the kernel extensions that allow you to use the various chipsets of your motherboard + the gpu. You will also put the files for the use of USB ports, tools, etc ... all these files that you put in the EFI folder you will find them in your config.plist file, which you will use to set the options to run the hackintosh. When you have put the files inside the folder (careful, some are fundamental on all Hacks) you will have to inject the config.plist file. In the video it does this when it launches the Snapshot command. This command in a nutshell will load in your config.plist file all the kexts, .efi files, etc ...

This is what I understood so as to make sense of the preparation of the folder. Maybe I said some nonsense and I'll be glad to be corrected.
I could understand what you are talking about! Thank you~ And I read the guide carefully, and gave it a try. However ''end randomseed'' happened again( you can see in my another reply). But still want to thank for your opinion!

Ryan1218

AMD OS X Member

Thank you for giving me so many advice and helping me a lot. I have successfully build my own hackintosh. However, I failed to drive WIFI and bluetooth (but, luckily, I had successfully drive WIFI during installation). I have downloaded the correct kexts and typed the correct path following the guide. But there were not some kernels for some specific kexts( AMD needed) in the sample config.plist. So I think whether the wrong order of kernels or whether the wrong value of MinKernel and MaxKernel made WIFI and bluetooth fail to be drived. If you are available, might you help me fix the problem? The following are my hackintosh, kext folder and config.plist( I disabled the IntelBluetoothInjector.kext which made me fail to get into the OS). Thank you for your reading!

Attachments

• config.plist
    56.4 KB · Views: 9

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
What are you using for WiFi & BT?

Ryan1218

AMD OS X Member
What are you using for WiFi & BT?

AirportItlwm.kext, IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext and IntelBluetoothInjector.kext for wireless card AC3168. Is there anything wrong or I misunderstood?
by the way, SmallTreeIntel82576.kext for I211 gigabyts network conection( I am not sure whether this would affect WIF and bluetooth function).

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Have you tried with itlwm.kext instead of AirportItlwm.kext? I've never dealt with Intel WiFi before.

Ryan1218

AMD OS X Member
Have you tried with itlwm.kext instead of AirportItlwm.kext? I've never dealt with Intel WiFi before.
I will try it tomorrow! But I couldn't find the kext in the guide, that kext need to be downloaded in another web right?
And because I had drived WIFI during installation page, I thought I had used the right drive (?). Is it possible that WIFI and BT could't be drived because I change the order of kernel or I set the wrong number of MinKerneeel and Maxkernel (but I cannot find the right order and number online)?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I don't think the order matters anymore. Also it's a kext not a kernel :p

Ryan1218

AMD OS X Member
I don't think the order matters anymore. Also it's a kext not a kernel :p
Thank you XD! But I mean the order here. Should they be in a specific order ? (EX. Lilu.kext in first place, VirtualSMC.kext in second place, AppleALC.kext in seventh place) And are AppleALC.kext and AppleALCU.kext the same or I should place both inside?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.