x570 Aorus Elite - 3700X - Red Devil 5700XT

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys,

I was able to successfully install macOS Big Sur on my dual boot PC with Windows 10.

MoBo: X570 Aorus Elite
CPU: 3700X
GPU: Red Devil 5700XT
RAM: Ballistix 16GB 3600Mhz CL14
SSD: Crucial 480GB

OPEN CORE 0.7.1

EFI.

ACPI:
SSDT-EC_USBX-DESKTOP
SSDT-XHC

DRIVERS:
HfsPlus
OpenCanopy (GUI boot)
OpenRuntime

KEXT:
AppleALC (alcid=69)
Lilu
SmallTreeIntel825
VirtualSMC
AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement
SMCAMDProcessor
WhateverGreen (agdpmod=pikera)

TOOL:
OpenShell

RESOURCE: is from here

macOS Big Sur - 11.5
BIOS: F30

OS UPDATE:
Updated to 11.5.1 - bug on some automatic wallpapers.
*// Updated to system preferences. After reboot launch Macintosh HD partition.

Updated to 11.5.2 - fix bug on some automatic wallpapers.
*// Updated OpenCore 7.2 + Kext

Audio, internet and graphics work without problems.
I can't test AirDrop but network sharing with other Macs works and also the sharing and synchronization functions with other Apple devices.
All USBs work
Front jack work.

NOT WORKING:
iMessage
Microphone

DOWNLOAD MY EFI FOLDER BELOW:
Instructions: Open the config.plist file with ProperTree. Go to the "PlatformInfo" section and enter your smUUID and your serial number. I left the default ROM number. Use GenSMBIOS to generate the codes to use. RESET NVRAM.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY for DAMAGE to your computer and / or LOSS DATA. It is always best to configure your own EFI folder.

Schermata 2021-07-28 alle 14.26.52.png

Speedtest ok with other devices.

Schermata 2021-07-28 alle 13.46.08.png

AMD Power Gadget:

Schermata 2021-07-28 alle 13.45.55.png

Cinebench

Schermata 2021-07-28 alle 13.44.35.png

IMG_0162.jpg

If you use the attached EFI folder write it in the topic by entering your configuration; if you make changes to the folder, or have suggestions and advice that can help me or other people looking for info, write it in the topic. The software we use and the information we receive are free. Share your experience, don't just think about yourself.

I will update the topic after any changes or feedback.

SPECIAL THANKS FOR THE HELP TO AudioGod - Shaneee.
Thank you all.

Attachments

• Schermata 2021-07-28 alle 13.44.58.png
    Schermata 2021-07-28 alle 13.44.58.png
    190.8 KB · Views: 15
  • EFI 30:07.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:

codecex

AMD OS X Member
thanks!!

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hey Buddy,
I have come to be nosey and checked out your EFI.
Some pointers for you.
If you have finished debugging then you can drop -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 from the boot argument and set AppleDebug to No plus set the Target to 3.
If you want to have your CPU display correctly in about this Mac then add the restrict events kext to your config.
As you are using SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 you need to do some name changes to your USB Controllers otherwise you will have conflicts as the iMacPro uses XHC1 and so is your mapping. This is bad and will cause USB Problems.
To resolve use SSDT-XHC but you will need to remap your USBMap.Kext so it matches the name changes
Il stop there but I could continue a lot more.
Fix that little lot and if you want I can give you more pointers like how to improve your ACPI and more :)

Attachments

• SSDT-XHC.aml.zip
    1 KB · Views: 7

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
Hey Buddy,
I have come to be nosey and checked out your EFI.
Some pointers for you.
If you have finished debugging then you can drop -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 from the boot argument and set AppleDebug to No plus set the Target to 3.
If you want to have your CPU display correctly in about this Mac then add the restrict events kext to your config.
As you are using SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 you need to do some name changes to your USB Controllers otherwise you will have conflicts as the iMacPro uses XHC1 and so is your mapping. This is bad and will cause USB Problems.
To resolve use SSDT-XHC but you will need to remap your USBMap.Kext so it matches the name changes
Il stop there but I could continue a lot more.
Fix that little lot and if you want I can give you more pointers like how to improve your ACPI and more :)
WOW! Thank you so much for taking a look at my folder!

Yes, I would like to fix it to have the most stable system possible! Tomorrow I start with what you advised me ... unfortunately I am not an expert, maybe before starting I try to look at some guides!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
WOW! Thank you so much for taking a look at my folder!

Yes, I would like to fix it to have the most stable system possible! Tomorrow I start with what you advised me ... unfortunately I am not an expert, maybe before starting I try to look at some guides!
no no don't do that, I can be your guide I guess...lol
Just when you are ready hit me up and I will help you out.
Im about after work tomorrow all evening so anytime after 6pm UK time il be free if you need me.

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@Pulsar Here you go buddy.
Ive made all the changes I suggested for you.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 34

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
no no don't do that, I can be your guide I guess...lol
Just when you are ready let me hit me up and I will help you out.
Im about after work tomorrow all evening so anytime after 6pm UK time il be free if you need me.
Super!!! Really thank you, I didn't mean to be sassy! I can remove what you told me without any problem, as for the USB ports instead I wander completely in the dark! Let me at least have a look at what we're going to do 😁

... having only this hack, in addition to the ssd with Win10, it is better to start by modifying a test "EFI folder" ... so can you give me your feedback?

I would like to leave the whole conversation in this topic, hoping that "the next one" can use it to fix his Hack, but can I join the Discord channel !?

I write from Italy, so I am + 1H compared to you.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Here's good, bud no problem. Im not always on the discord.

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
@Pulsar Here you go buddy.
Ive made all the changes I suggested for you.
I know I can't "aspire to that much" because I don't have many bases about it, but I'd like to learn Hack's A B C, next time I won't be so lucky! I give it a look before mounting it!

PS: I downloaded PlistEdit.👍

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I know I can't "aspire to that much" because I don't have many bases about it, but I'd like to learn Hack's A B C, next time I won't be so lucky! I give it a look before mounting it!

PS: I downloaded PlistEdit.👍
It’s only the basic changes I laid out. Nothing major really. :)

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
It’s only the basic changes I laid out. Nothing major really. :)
I saw that you also added the kext you told me. But is it normal that all USBs (even those in the case) work without problems?
I just also add OpenCanopy.efi to have the GUI boot. It should have worked out well.

Grazie!!!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I saw that you also added the kext you told me. But is it normal that all USBs (even those in the case) work without problems?
I just also add OpenCanopy.efi to have the GUI boot. It should have worked out well.

Grazie!!!
indeed, I did all the changes i suggested apart from changing your acpi. I redid your kernel kext order too.
Yeah that’s totally normal. The SSDT I added to your config is made by me for gigabyte x570 boards so it gets you 95% perfect, the other 5% to polish it is done via a USBMap.Kext.
if you check About this Mac your Ryzen CPU should now be listed instead of a Intel one.

In qualsiasi momento fratello, sono sempre felice di aiutarti. 👍

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
indeed, I did all the changes i suggested apart from changing your acpi. I redid your kernel kext order too.
Yeah that’s totally normal. The SSDT I added to your config is made by me for gigabyte x570 boards so it gets you 95% perfect, the other 5% to polish it is done via a USBMap.Kext.
if you check About this Mac your Ryzen CPU should now be listed instead of a Intel one.

In qualsiasi momento fratello, sono sempre felice di aiutarti. 👍

I have always been "educated" by the network to find solutions to my problems by myself. It is often difficult to find the answers, even the simplest ones, in the PC world.
As an inexperienced I read guides and watch videos on youtube (maybe wrong or approximate) and it is always difficult to solve problems easily.

Being a "GURU" user in a forum is perhaps a boring job because everyone expects you to solve their problems and I understand that some people lose their patience ... I think that community to work needs people with desire to learn and people who can teach.
Finding a community like yours, with people like you is lucky.

🍻 Cheers!!!

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
I started mapping USBs with Hackintool. I haven't gone through them all yet but I noticed that two ports, which logically could be 0x61200000 and 0x61100000, since the other two adjacent ports are 0x61300000 and 0x61400000 (they are the 4 front USB 3.0 ports) read me the key but not active from the program.

Schermata 2021-07-30 alle 13.58.18.png

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Don’t use hackintool to map your UsB. That’s a bad idea.
use one of two scripts to do it.

The easiest one to use is USBToolBox

Followed by Corps Mapping script.

Both work great for mapping AMD USB ports and USBToolBox is very clever and try’s to auto map it all for you and gets it mostly right.
Instructions For both can be found on there respective GitHubs, Links are within the pages I sent you.

codecex

AMD OS X Member
Were you able to install macOS with the EFI? What build are you installing on?
Yes! thank you very much! im using this EFI right now and all is working perfectly.
Actually im on 11.2.3, do you know if can i update directly to 11.5.X?

My Ryzentosh:

CPU: 3800XT
MoBo: x570 Aorus ELITE
GPU: Sapphire RX580 4GB
RAM: 16GBx2 Corsair Vengeance CL14 3200Mhz
SSD Hackintosh: NVME Asgard 1TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova G3 750W
SCREEN: 2xAOC 27" 144 hz
Keyboard: Logitech MX Keys Mac version (wireless)
Mouse: Logitech MX Anywhere 2 (wireless)
Webcam: Logitech c920

codecex

AMD OS X Member
Update: Actually i have updated today to OC 0.7.1 and Big Sur 11.5.1 with no problems using this EFI.

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
I updated my EFI folder to OpenCore 7.2, I also updated all the available Kexts. I try to update to 11.5.2.

EDIT:
Successfully updated to version 11.5.2 with the entire EFI HEORTED folder (OpenCore + Kext). No problem.

Last edited:

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
IMG_0162.jpeg

I managed to correctly install Liquidctl (via homebrew) and set the colors of the Gigabyte Motherboard Aorus Elite X570. Liquidctl also supports Kraken, but fortunately Win settings remain valid also in MacOS.

Once Liquidctl is installed, you will need a script with Automator, which we will automatically launch at each login, to check the colors of the motherboard.

I'll make a small guide what I did and I'll post it in the topic, if someone serves.

(y)

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.