[Pre-Release] macOS Monterey

elixir

AMD OS X Member
My Jabra Elite 75T works :)

Last edited:

savage001

AMD OS X Member
I've been working on a SmallTree modification; it seems close. Shown in the attached image is how the modified SmallTree kext binds to the proper site in the left side (IORE) and how the port is now recognized in HackCheck app (upper right), but the port is inactive in Network Utility app (lower right).

Meanwhile, the Aquantia port works with a new patch for Monterey. Also, I've gotten BT and Wifi to work on ß1, and so AirDrop works as well with ß1 as I reported on a TRX40 thread on the macOS86 forum.

But I've only been able to test the modified SmallTree on my TRX40 mobo under ß1 (as I'm too lowly and undeserving of patches for anything > ß1 :cry:).

Once I get patches for ß3, and if it works, I'll share the modified kext. The kext is currently being tested together with a custom SSDT file. (There's another avenue of approach to the problem, but I don't want to bother with it until I see if ß1 is the problem.)

How goes the progress with this? Need a tester?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elixir

AMD OS X Member
That’s about right depending on the ACPI SSDTs.
@savage001 what SSDTs are you using?
im guessing EC-USBX and that’s it or is there more?
thanks to remind the SSDT, AudioGod :)
I have putback my SSDT-PLUG and this is what I have in the Monterey Energy Saver window , my next steps is for the display slider bar.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
thanks to remind the SSDT, AudioGod :)
I have putback my SSDT-PLUG and this is what I have in the Monterey Energy Saver window , my next steps is for the display slider bar.
1626865250394.png
That’s what it should look like when it’s setup properly.

elixir

AMD OS X Member

power management on Monterey & Big Sur RC2 :)

elixir

AMD OS X Member
so excited with the logon screen :p

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 8.20.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 8.20.52 PM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 21
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 8.20.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 8.20.45 PM.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 18
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 8.20.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 8.20.13 PM.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 15
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 8.17.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 8.17.06 PM.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 16

iGPU

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Not good at all. I have literally spent hours the past couple of weeks working on it. If I had anything useful, I'd gladly upload for further testing. (My Aquantia port is still great.)

I've tried such various approaches such as using FakePCIID to get SmallTree to work or to go directly to the AppleIntelI210Ethernet kext (a I210 relative of the I211). (And I spent some time reading old Rehabman posts and threads concerning ethernet, so I could optimize FakePCIID for this task.)

I've tried creating various patches for IONetworkingFamily, SmallTree, AppleIntelI210Ethernet (to boot directly) kexts. I also tried custom SSDTs to fake an I210 device-id, along with trying injection of accurate or fake device-id through DevProperties inside OC.

In addition, I've used a decompiler in both SmallTree, IONetworkingFamily and AppleIntelI210Ethernet, studying the code for likely areas to patch.

In fact, before attempting to use the decompiler on these files, in order to better understand how this approach works, I did some research. I used the decompiler to reconstruct how Mieze reverse-engineered the Aquantia kext file and created a working patch (I wrote about this process on another forum: here for those interested). Then I used this same approach on the SmallTree kext. After creating some patches, there was no activation of the I211 port. I've also tried various combinations of these patches. Still no activation. Frustrating.

[To be more precise, I created patches for IONetworkingFamily and AppleIntelI210Ethernet; for SmallTree, I used Hex Fiend to patch SmallTree directly based on what I found in the de-compiler. If this would have been successful, then a new, stand-alone SmallTree kext would have been created without the need for patches.]

Similarly, if FakePCIID is used, I can get the following as shown in the attached image: but still no active connection (as if 'unplugged' again; same as I showed in my earlier post in this thread). And with FakePCIID, I've tested for both accurate and faked device-ids (and again, in both SmallTree and AppleIntelI210Ethernet).

I'll try a few more things this weekend. I still feel that it's something simple I'm overlooking (but it'll probably take someone else to figure it out as my programming skills are pretty rudimentary).

FakePCIID-SmallTree.png

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@iGPU Why don’t you have a conversation with khronokernel about it?
He made it work originally with high Sierra up to Big Sur so I’m sure if you two brainstormed you could come up with something.

iGPU

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod,

I added a comment to the issue you started on khronokernel's GitHub site, asking to collaborate on the I211 project. In the meantime, I'll putter around on my own.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod,

I added a comment to the issue you started on khronokernel's GitHub site, asking to collaborate on the I211 project. In the meantime, I'll putter around on my own.
Hopefully he likes the idea of that and gets back to you. Good luck buddy, We are all routing for you. :)

Phoenix

AMD OS X Member
How do I get this to work with my x370 Asus Crosshair VI Hero?

I also have the problem since Monterey that the Front USB are not working anymore.

Already tried to fix that with Hackintool.

power management on Monterey & Big Sur RC2 :)

elixir

AMD OS X Member

savage001

AMD OS X Member
Beta 3 patches working with beta 4?

elixir

AMD OS X Member

sac23

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
anyone have Bluetooth issues on beta 4 thank u

savage001

AMD OS X Member
anyone have Bluetooth issues on beta 4 thank u

Bluetooth on both my machines (AMD and Intel) appear to work fine. I guess it depends what Bluetooth adapter you have?

muscledman94

AMD OS X Member

Hello interessting work. You should release the Kext when you need testers that would be the easiest way.

savage001

AMD OS X Member
Anyone updated to beta 6 yet?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.