Broadcom WiFi works, BT doesn’t

HellFrozeOver

AMD OS X Member
For me it's spot on. I used it on all of my ryzen hackintosh. MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte, and Asrock boards was properly mapped. Try to check your kexts too. If you updated to latest version of opencore, it is better to update your kexts used too.
I tried to update to 0.7.1 and 0.7.0 but could get either to work, so I;ve been back on the 0.6.4 of my original instal and that's stable for me.

HellFrozeOver

AMD OS X Member
can you post your current efi that is not booting?
That's probably a good idea.
At this point I've tried so many things that I'm thoroughly confused about several things.
Among others, I'm wondering:
-whether remnants of one 'fix' are hindering other 'fixes'.
-which setting/kext/bootarg/SSDT should be on or off
-whether I should or shouldn't add my broadcom device as a PCIe device in the config.plist (I've tried both)
-about the order of the kext in the plist, for example: where does the USB map go?

In the meantime I'm finding out things have changed in IO registry since the BT pref trashing.
Making a new 'root' map, before attempting to make a new map kext...

Attachments

• Current USB EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

rayaranas

AMD OS X Member
try this one. Your config.plist has a lot of entries missing. This is on opencore 0.7.2. SMBIOS is MacPro7,1. Input your serials again.
  • disable 4G Decoding if you have it enabled in your BIOS
  • Redo the apple services guide for your imessage, facetime to work.

HellFrozeOver

AMD OS X Member
try this one. Your config.plist has a lot of entries missing. This is on opencore 0.7.2. SMBIOS is MacPro7,1. Input your serials again.
  • disable 4G Decoding if you have it enabled in your BIOS
  • Redo the apple services guide for your imessage, facetime to work.
Ah thanks!
It'll be very helpful to be able to look at someone else's folder.
BTW, I haven't even bothered with the serials yet. It seems to work ok without them.
iservices is not that important to me at the moment.
BT and TB3 is the main stuff to get working, the rest is optional.

HellFrozeOver

AMD OS X Member
try this one. Your config.plist has a lot of entries missing.
A few questions:

What are the important things you see missing in my config?
I compared them and yes, you to appear to have some more entries here and there, but I've no idea what's pertinent to me and what isn't.
Also, I didn't see an USB map kext. Are you doing it via an SSDT or is it not necessary?

rayaranas

AMD OS X Member
A few questions:

What are the important things you see missing in my config?
I compared them and yes, you to appear to have some more entries here and there, but I've no idea what's pertinent to me and what isn't.
Also, I didn't see an USB map kext. Are you doing it via an SSDT or is it not necessary?

Your config.plist was overdone and some kernel patch was not updated. The one I uploaded is just the basic stuff with updated kext, opencore, and kernel patch.
Let's just say it is close to the dortania guide.

Sorry I just checked it again. I missed the intel ethernet kext. Please use this updated one. Good luck

Attachments

• USB EFI-update.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 1

HellFrozeOver

AMD OS X Member
Your config.plist was overdone and some kernel patch was not updated. The one I uploaded is just the basic stuff with updated kext, opencore, and kernel patch.
Let's just say it is close to the dortania guide.

Sorry I just checked it again. I missed the intel ethernet kext. Please use this updated one. Good luck

Thanks,
I tried this one. First it didn't boot (ran all the verbose stuff but ended up with a black screen) but then I ported over my bootlegs and then it booted. I'm still getting a freeze and reboot after a minute or two, so there must be something up with booting from EFI on USB for me.
I'm going to try using another USB stick for my EFIs.
No difference on the BT stuff though. It sees my USB card in the USB system report, but not in the BT section.

HellFrozeOver

AMD OS X Member
Another weird thing.
I decided to try again and use the tool on windows to map the ports, because I'd borrowed a USB-C hub which allowed me to map out my TB3 port.

What seems to have happened is one controller appearing twice. Now I don't know which one to keep or...
We'll see if it works I guess. No time left for today...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-21 211539top.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-21 211539top.png
    110.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2021-07-21 211629bottom.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-21 211629bottom.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Info.plist
    12.3 KB · Views: 1

Ryzentoshing

AMD OS X Member
Hi HellFrozeOver, did you fix your BT issue?
I had the same problem when I swaped the intel wifi/bt card for a broadcom card.
I solved it by mapping all the USB (external) ports and trial and error when mapping the internal ones. The thing is that quite a few of the internal ports on my MOBO (MSI B450I Gaming AC Wifi) were disabled.
Once I found the correct USB port for the BT part of the card (Wifi is powered via PCI-e while BT via USB), I did a custom SSDT file. No kexts needed.

I shared this document with some one in the past explaining how I worked my solultion for activating internal USB ports. Didn't have any problem ever since (nearly 2 years now) and every time I upgrade OpencCore or macOS, I just copy my ssdt file in the ACPI folder, inject it in the config.plist and that's it.

Ryzentoshing

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone. I’m new here.
my life’s story is in the introduction thread ;)

So this is my first hackintosh and second attempt at it.
I’ve used OC 0.6.4 since that was the one used in the tutorial I followed.
(Perhaps that’s part of the problem?)

So when I noticed BT wasn’t working, I tried:

1. The Broadcom fix kexts. No succes.
2. added brcmfx-driver=2. No succes
3. Tried to map the USB ports. No succes.

I’m a little stuck with the mapping. I used the dortana guide and the example kext they link to. When I finished modifying that and added it to my efi/plist, my hack wouldn’t boot anymore. Invalid info in kext #4…
So I reverted back to the efi version I had before.
Then I found a different version of USB.map online which is formatted a little differently (e.g. with some X64 related terms added IIRC) with the suggestion that since Mojave, they changed to this format. I haven’t tried porting my map to that format yet because I’m out of my depths and I’m not sure if there’s an error in my original map that caused it not to boot, whether the kext format was the issue or something else entirely.
It also feels like I’m stacking ineffective fixes upon each other which is probably not wise.
I’m also not sure how important it is to use latest versions or the versions specified in tutorials. I decided to play it safe and follow the tutorials, but feel I may be messing with bits that don’t support my newer bios version, OS or whatever.

in short… I’m a little lost in the woods here. Any insight from experience would be greatly appreciated.
I had the same problem when I swaped the intel wifi/bt card for a broadcom card.
I solved it by mapping all the USB (external) ports and trial and error when mapping the internal ones. The thing is that quite a few of the internal ports on my MOBO (MSI B450I Gaming AC Wifi) were disabled.
Once I found the correct USB port for the BT part of the card (Wifi is powered via PCI-e while BT via USB), I did a custom SSDT file. No kexts needed.
I shared this document with some one in the past explaining how I worked my solultion for activating internal USB ports. Didn't have any problem ever since (nearly 2 years now) and every time I upgrade OpencCore or macOS, I just copy my ssdt file in the ACPI folder, inject it in the config.plist and that's it.

HellFrozeOver

AMD OS X Member
Thanks A LOT for this!!!
I'm going to try it when I find some time.

Frankly I'd given up. I tried so many times with the kexts without any succes.
It had become such a time sinkhole that I had to pull myself out and just get some work done on windows instead.

But with this new approach, I'll surely give it a go.
After I get BT working, I'd still need to get TB3 working :D

Wish me luck!

I'll report back if and when I find some time.
Thanks again for taking the trouble!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.