So remove 1 patch and add 1 patch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
So remove 1 patch and add 1 patch.

There’s more than one to remove. Check the patch names I posted. You need to remove them all or they will conflict.

savage001

AMD OS X Member
There’s more than one to remove. Check the patch names I posted. You need to remove them all or they will conflict.

Oh I thought it was one patch listed but it’s 6 names relating to the patches. Gotcha. Can tell it’s been a long day.

meswan

AMD OS X Member
Here's the temp way to update to beta 2 / 3 until the PR is merged.

• Update to latest patches on GitHub. FORCE_PENRYN was updated.
  • Remove any patches relating to cores. There's a list at the bottom of this post.
  • Add in a core count patch based on my OC PR, also listed at the bottom of the post
  • Boot
Patches to remove:
Code:
Don't set cpuid_cores_per_package
Skip _cpuid_cores_per_package test
jmp to calculations and set cpuid_cores_per_package
cores and threads calculations
cores and logicals count < For 10.13

New patch:
Code:
Comment: Force cpuid_cores_per_package
Base: _cpuid_set_info
Find: C1E81A000000
Mask: FFFDFF000000
Replace: BA CoreCount 00000090
ReplaceMask: FFFFFFFFFFFF

CoreCount = Your CPU Physical cores in Hex.
  • 6 Core = 06
  • 8 Core = 08
  • 12 Core = 0C
  • 16 Core = 10
  • 32 Core = 20
My pea brain isn't processing the remove "cores and logical count < For 10.13" - is this a removal of all cores & logicals, just 10.13, or < # 2,3,4?

Seyven

AMD OS X Member
I've been working on a SmallTree modification; it seems close. Shown in the attached image is how the modified SmallTree kext binds to the proper site in the left side (IORE) and how the port is now recognized in HackCheck app (upper right), but the port is inactive in Network Utility app (lower right).

Meanwhile, the Aquantia port works with a new patch for Monterey. Also, I've gotten BT and Wifi to work on ß1, and so AirDrop works as well with ß1 as I reported on a TRX40 thread on the macOS86 forum.

But I've only been able to test the modified SmallTree on my TRX40 mobo under ß1 (as I'm too lowly and undeserving of patches for anything > ß1 :cry:).

Once I get patches for ß3, and if it works, I'll share the modified kext. The kext is currently being tested together with a custom SSDT file. (There's another avenue of approach to the problem, but I don't want to bother with it until I see if ß1 is the problem.)

We love you :D

Mymlan

AMD OS X Member
My pea brain isn't processing the remove "cores and logical count < For 10.13" - is this a removal of all cores & logicals, just 10.13, or < # 2,3,4?
And I have additional question,
Should we add "Arch:", "Count:", "Enabled:", "Identifier:", "Maxkernel:", "Minkernel:" and "Skip:" with new patch?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
And I have additional question,
Should we add "Arch:", "Count:", "Enabled:", "Identifier:", "Maxkernel:", "Minkernel:" and "Skip:" with new patch?

Yes otherwise OC will complain they are missing.
Code:
Arch: x86_64
Count: 1
Identifier: kernel
MinKernel: 17.0.0
MaxKernel: 21.99.99
Skip: 0

reinierlazo

AMD OS X Member
can you help me patch ??

savage001

AMD OS X Member

So I updated my patches from GitHub first, then removed a bunch of patches to do with cores, added the new patch, left it at 6 as I have a 6 core saved and rebooted. Just gets stuck on Apple logo.
I am still on beta1 but it should be backward compatible yeah? Cause I can’t update to beta 2 or 3 without the new patch and removing the others?
What plist editor should I be using?
How many patches in total need to be removed?

elixir

AMD OS X Member
from 45 children's to 34 childrens
need to trim down further

savage001

AMD OS X Member
from 45 children's to 34 childrens
need to trim down further

Can you boot beta 1,2 or 3? After trimming and adding the patch?

elixir

AMD OS X Member
Can you boot beta 1,2 or 3? After trimming and adding the patch?

Yes! I can boot on windows11, Big Sur, and Monterey using the OC boot loader with trimmed patches

savage001

AMD OS X Member
Yes! I can boot on windows11, Big Sur, and Monterey using the OC boot loader with trimmed patches

When I tried I got stuck on Apple logo.
Can you share new patches please. Also how many cores you have?

elixir

AMD OS X Member
When I tried I got stuck on Apple logo.
Can you share new patches please. Also how many cores you have?

see attached patches with 34 childrens
my CPU have 6 cores so set these: Replace: BA0600000090, you can find this entries in #33dictionaries
  • 6 Core = 06
  • 8 Core = 08
  • 12 Core = 0C
  • 16 Core = 10
  • 32 Core = 20

Attachments

• patches.plist
    25.9 KB · Views: 76

savage001

AMD OS X Member
see attached patches with 34 childrens
my CPU have 6 cores so set these: Replace: BA0600000090, you can find this entries in #33dictionaries
  • 6 Core = 06
  • 8 Core = 08
  • 12 Core = 0C
  • 16 Core = 10
  • 32 Core = 20

Installing now, so far so good. It boots and is installing Monterey B3, not yes tested other OS.

Still not tested other OS yet but i have to say Beta 3 is super smooth and super fast.

The only thing still not working is my ethernet which uses SmallTreeIntel82576.kext.

Hopefully someone smarter than i can come up with something, i have tried removing device properties, adding my subsystem ID in IOPCIPrimaryMatch with no luck

Last edited:

elixir

AMD OS X Member
Installing now, so far so good. It boots and is installing Monterey B3, not yes tested other OS.

Hmmm booted back to beta 1, after first reboot so I select Macintosh HD or the Monterey volume?

mackintosh HD is the installation, select that

savage001

AMD OS X Member
mackintosh HD is the installation, select that

With the patches that work perfectly on Monterey I can now longer boot Big Sur. Hangs at Apple logo.

It’s certainly not a deal breaker but would be nice to have BS boot too.

elixir

AMD OS X Member
With the patches that work perfectly on Monterey I can now longer boot Big Sur. Hangs at Apple logo.

It’s certainly not a deal breaker but would be nice to have BS boot too.

you should have same OC bootloader version installed on big sur and monterey, say if you use 0.7.1 on monterey then use the same version on big sur, dont forget the bios settings

savage001

AMD OS X Member
you should have same OC bootloader version installed on big sur and monterey, say if you use 0.7.1 on monterey then use the same version on big sur, dont forget the bios settings

I am using the exact same EFI located in my EFI partition on my nvme drive. Monterey and windows 11 boot fine.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.