Photoshop Update on AMD (v22.3.1)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks to the user DoomDurr on Discord for finding this information.

As of Photoshop version 22.3.1 you no longer need to apply any patches to the application in order to run it. There are however still some functions that do not work. What I've found so far is the liquify filter will crash the application. This seems to solely rely on Intel instructions and there is currently no fix.

If you find that any other apps now work with the latest "M1" updates please feel free to either comment here or send me a DM and I'll update the post. Also if you find a patch or work around for functions that crash the application please let us know.

Thanks,
Shaneee

What Doesn't Work?
  • Liquify Filter
  • Neural Filters

Last edited:

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
It doesn't like opening the Neural Filters at all, immediate crash. But then again... those are sort of gimmicky. It spits out this error.

Code:
Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Illegal instruction: 4
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x4
Terminating Process:   exc handler [22248]

Thread 0:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   libsystem_kernel.dylib            0x00007fff72d42dfa mach_msg_trap + 10
1   libsystem_kernel.dylib            0x00007fff72d43170 mach_msg + 60

Deleted member 473

AMD OS X Member
Object selection tools does not work, and also many other parts (randomly it doesnt load psd or jpg or other formats

kuque

AMD OS X Member
Neural Filters work on 22.4.1?

MadMax1998

AMD OS X Member
Photoshop 22.4 just crashes on startup. It doesn't run at all. I have the last kernel patches (those are four months old now) and I'm on Big Sur 11.2.3.
PS 2020 did run but it crashes when selecting a font, and Adobe's recommendation is to update Photoshop.
Maybe it's time to ditch PS and go try out Affinity Photo.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Photoshop 22.4 just crashes on startup. It doesn't run at all. I have the last kernel patches (those are four months old now) and I'm on Big Sur 11.2.3.
PS 2020 did run but it crashes when selecting a font, and Adobe's recommendation is to update Photoshop.
Maybe it's time to ditch PS and go try out Affinity Photo.
For anyone interested there is a fix for Photoshop 2021 here > https://github.com/jewcbox/AdobeAMDFix
There's also a MKL and Intel Fast Memset Patch from mikigal here which helps fix most Adobe apps > https://github.com/mikigal/ryzen-hackintosh

tomnic

AMD OS X Member
https://www.macos86.it/topic/4822-photoshop-and-after-effects-cc-2021-amd-hackintosh-fix/ this is the first working solution thread

A quick resume: Put the libfakeintel.dylib in your Application folder, put environment.plist in your $HOME/Library/LaunchAgents, overwrite libiomp5.dylib in Contents/Frameworks into AE CC 2020/2021 application with the one provided and we have the best working solution available for all actual adobe's products. Right now Premiere Pro works until CC 2020 version 14.3.1, Premiere Pro CC 2021 still needs new fixes.

p2mmao

AMD OS X Member
https://www.macos86.it/topic/4822-photoshop-and-after-effects-cc-2021-amd-hackintosh-fix/ this is the first working solution thread

A quick resume: Put the libfakeintel.dylib in your Application folder, put environment.plist in your $HOME/Library/LaunchAgents, overwrite libiomp5.dylib in Contents/Frameworks into AE CC 2020/2021 application with the one provided and we have the best working solution available for all actual adobe's products. Right now Premiere Pro works until CC 2020 version 14.3.1, Premiere Pro CC 2021 still needs new fixes.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Random issue: when I write out files using save for web in Photoshop, the save dialog box always presents in the lower left corner. No matter if I center it, the next time it again shows lower left. It's odd but no biggie since it works but Photoshop is the only program that does this on my system. Any idea what could cause this? I have browsed the official forums but only found very old references.

BluStream

AMD OS X Member
Photoshop -v23.2.1
Mobo - B450H
Processor - Ryzen 7 3700
Ram- 64 Gb DDR 4
Graphics - Radeon RX 570 - 8GB
Monterey - 12.2.1
Opencore - REL-077-2022-01-10

Issues at hand -

will not load a design from adobe document cloud - instant crash
will not load up a new font instantly crashes as soon as i try to change the font.

All of this was working just fine on Big Sur which was running Open Core 061
Any help here will be much appreciated , i know i should have waited to update but you know how it is :)

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.