Sapphire 5700XT 8GB
Fenvi T919 WiFi/BT

macOS 15.5.5 / iMacPro1,1
OC 0.5.9
Lilu
VirtualSMC
WhateverGreen
AppleALC

So beating my head against a wall here with this BT issue. Scoured the web and the Forums and have been inundated with at least a dozen suggestions with no luck.
System Profiler recognizes the device via PCI, at the same location in IOreg, but it remains unaddressed (<00 00 00 00 00 00>). Magic Keyboard and Mouse "connect" when wired, and by all accounts Catalina thinks everything is hunky dory with BT. Strangely, I cannot disable BT via SP either.

USB Map is fine, as in they all work, and required little assignment. I've swapped the JUSB devices and they pop up where they are supposed to in the Port Map. AIO Cooler is functioning via both headers. It's just the Fenvi card that appears to not want to play nice.

By all accounts it is supposed to function OOB, so I have not added the plethora of kexts (some of which aren't supposed to even work with AMD) that others on the web suggest (So Hackintool does work on AMD systems?). So to avoid confusion or corruption I have kept my OC folder lean.
It's not the end of the world, I don't mind using a wired KB and I'm not really a fan of the MM anyway, it's just my OCD won't let me move forward with post install until I figure this out.

I have not added any pics or a copy of my EFI, if you need anything specific let me know and I'll upload a screenshot/file, instead of dropping it all in here at once. Hell, I'm not even sure what to add for reference...

If anyone has a suggestion I am all ears. Many thanks in advance.

tkl2001

AMD OS X Member
First off, Hardware and such-

Ryzen 9 3900X
MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi
Sapphire 5700XT 8GB
Fenvi T919 WiFi/BT

macOS 15.5.5 / iMacPro1,1
OC 0.5.9
Lilu
VirtualSMC
WhateverGreen
AppleALC

So beating my head against a wall here with this BT issue. Scoured the web and the Forums and have been inundated with at least a dozen suggestions with no luck.
System Profiler recognizes the device via PCI, at the same location in IOreg, but it remains unaddressed (<00 00 00 00 00 00>). Magic Keyboard and Mouse "connect" when wired, and by all accounts Catalina thinks everything is hunky dory with BT. Strangely, I cannot disable BT via SP either.

USB Map is fine, as in they all work, and required little assignment. I've swapped the JUSB devices and they pop up where they are supposed to in the Port Map. AIO Cooler is functioning via both headers. It's just the Fenvi card that appears to not want to play nice.

By all accounts it is supposed to function OOB, so I have not added the plethora of kexts (some of which aren't supposed to even work with AMD) that others on the web suggest (So Hackintool does work on AMD systems?). So to avoid confusion or corruption I have kept my OC folder lean.
It's not the end of the world, I don't mind using a wired KB and I'm not really a fan of the MM anyway, it's just my OCD won't let me move forward with post install until I figure this out.

I have not added any pics or a copy of my EFI, if you need anything specific let me know and I'll upload a screenshot/file, instead of dropping it all in here at once. Hell, I'm not even sure what to add for reference...

If anyone has a suggestion I am all ears. Many thanks in advance.

I have the same card. Did you connect the internal USB header to the motherboard? The BT is connected by USB2.0 cable and not through PCI. Only the Wifi is enabled through PCI. What you see is probably the Intel Bluetooth device unless you've disabled either through your BIOS or a SSDT....

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Have you mapped your USB at all? Upload what you've used and I'll compare to mine. All ports work for me including the internal 2.0 header I just don't have BT connected to test it.

Jaws3

AMD OS X Member
I also have a Fenvi T919 and can’t seem to get Apple Watch unlock working. I’m wondering if it’s because the system is using the X570 Intel Bluetooth over the Fenvi. Is there a way to disable the Intel Bluetooth in OpenCore or some confit, rather than deactivate it in the bios (I use it in windows boot)? Am I correct that Apple Watch unlock won’t work properly if Intel Bluetooth is being used?

tkl2001

AMD OS X Member
I also have a Fenvi T919 and can’t seem to get Apple Watch unlock working. I’m wondering if it’s because the system is using the X570 Intel Bluetooth over the Fenvi. Is there a way to disable the Intel Bluetooth in OpenCore or some confit, rather than deactivate it in the bios (I use it in windows boot)? Am I correct that Apple Watch unlock won’t work properly if Intel Bluetooth is being used?

Yes, when you do your USB mapping, disable the USB port that the Intel Bluetooth is connected to (usually XHC0, PRT5) by just deleting the entry in the USBports.kext. After that, there should be any conflict with the Fenvi card and everything should work well..

hausome

AMD OS X Member
I have the same card. Did you connect the internal USB header to the motherboard? The BT is connected by USB2.0 cable and not through PCI. Only the Wifi is enabled through PCI. What you see is probably the Intel Bluetooth device unless you've disabled either through your BIOS or a SSDT....
Yes, I have tried both available headers on the board. The AIO Cooler functions on both so I know they are working. I think I have disabled the onboard BT in BIOS, but it's not entirely clear as it still works when booting Windows so I may be missing something in the BIOS.

I am just considering making a custom SSDT at this point, I have found some helpful advice online and it appears copying and modifying an existing SSDT in macOS and dropping that in my config will do the trick, just haven't had the time to sit and do it as of late. I'll keep you posted.

hausome

AMD OS X Member
Have you mapped your USB at all? Upload what you've used and I'll compare to mine. All ports work for me including the internal 2.0 header I just don't have BT connected to test it.
I have identified the ports via the OC guide but have yet to actually create the map. Problem is I am unsure exactly how to proceed, for instance:

My board, according to IOReg, has 2 XHCO controllers, and an XHC1. I am unsure how to rename one of the XHCOs or if it even necessary as they should have unique IOPathMatch values according to the guide. All but one of my rear panel ports are functional as far as I can tell.

The "switching" terminology regarding USB C, physically switching the ends or flipping the orientation. Sounds stupid but I can't find a clear answer to what exactly that is supposed to mean. It is kind of important in my case as it is required for my DAC so it's properties need to be clear.

As far as the onboard header for the Fenvi card, does this connector's value need to be changed to 255 manually, if at all?

Another member here suggested just deleting the specific port tied to the onboard BT module. Setting a null value or just outright deleting the entire entry?

and finding any other guides that don't involve Intel specific solutions has been less than successful. Finding the time has been a challenge as well, been awfully busy. Anyhow this is where I stand with the process, and I may be overthinking it, but I really want to have a clear understanding of what I am doing before really getting too far ahead. Not looking for a 1 click solution, I'd just go buy a Mac if that were the case.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
You have an X570 board so try these SSDT files. I use them on my system for USB. Remove any SSDT you've made for USB and kext if it's there.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 25

bubulooski

AMD OS X Member
You have an X570 board so try these SSDT files. I use them on my system for USB. Remove any SSDT you've made for USB and kext if it's there.
Thank you I finally got it installed, how did you get your fenvi t919 Wifi / Bluetooth card working? i have wifi but no Bluetooth. is there a certain kext that I should use for the USB 2.0 headers to work properly? Or is there a way to get the Asus x570 Bluetooth working?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I don't have a Fenvi card. I use a genuine Apple BCM94360CS2 with a PCI adapter. Does the bluetooth device show in System Information?

baronerosso

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thank you I finally got it installed, how did you get your fenvi t919 Wifi / Bluetooth card working? i have wifi but no Bluetooth. is there a certain kext that I should use for the USB 2.0 headers to work properly? Or is there a way to get the Asus x570 Bluetooth working?
I had a similar problem.
If you have Intel wireless on your motherboard, it's not enough to disable it from the BIOS.
To solve I had to use IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext.
Don't ask me why, but using the extension worked for me.

dmalikyar

AMD OS X Member
I had a similar problem.
If you have Intel wireless on your motherboard, it's not enough to disable it from the BIOS.
To solve I had to use IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext.
Don't ask me why, but using the extension worked for me.
Where did you place the IntelBluetoothFirware.kext in the EFI? Did you have to modify your config.plist? I'm having the same issue where Bluetooth is not available on my machine. I have the fenvi t919 card. I've disabled the wifi on the mb and the cards wifi is working but not the bluetooth. BT is not recognized at all.

baronerosso

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Where did you place the IntelBluetoothFirware.kext in the EFI? Did you have to modify your config.plist? I'm having the same issue where Bluetooth is not available on my machine. I have the fenvi t919 card. I've disabled the wifi on the mb and the cards wifi is working but not the bluetooth. BT is not recognized at all.
yes, place it in EFI and modify config.plist to enable it

dmalikyar

AMD OS X Member
yes, place it in EFI and modify config.plist to enable it
Thanks. I followed your instructions and still no BT. I'm at a loss. I'm thinking it's something in the bios. I updated the bios to the latest version and then updated the settings to make hackintosh work. What bios version are you on?

baronerosso

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thanks. I followed your instructions and still no BT. I'm at a loss. I'm thinking it's something in the bios. I updated the bios to the latest version and then updated the settings to make hackintosh work. What bios version are you on?
I have a Asrock motherboard. Can you post your EFI folder without serial number in the config.plist?

elixir

AMD OS X Member
check your bios and look for "Platform Power Management"
try to set the following
  1. PEG ASPM - enabled
  2. PCH ASPM - disabled
  3. DMI ASPM - enabled

jonesnickk57

AMD OS X Member
I’m wondering if it’s because the system is using the X570 Intel Bluetooth over the Fenvi. Is there a way to disable the Intel Bluetooth in OpenCore or some confit, rather than deactivate it in the bios (I use it in windows boot)? Am I correct that Apple Watch unlock won’t work properly if Intel Bluetooth is being used? Mobdro Vip

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.