My hack not booting

Hackingway

AMD OS X Member
Hello,

I had my hack running till this morning with no problem. A week of smooth operation. Today I put the machine in sleep and when I came back it won't wake up.
After sometime I switched of the power and tried to reboot. It won't boot. It would switch on for a bit and then switch itself off. I switched off the power supply and removed the power cable, waited and tried to reboot, same thing. I removed the CMOS battery and put it back and tried again.

Herre are the specs

Mother board: ASUS PRO WS-X570- ACE
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
RAM: 32 GB Ballistix 3200 Mhz
Graphics: RX 550

I feel it's something to do with the mother board but I could not find any solution from my internet searches, plenty people saying there are troubles with this mother board.
Any help is highly apprecaited.

Solution
Pull all power from the system / board and then pull out the motherboards battery for 5mins, put it All back together and try again.
if that doesn’t work then it could be a hardware fault.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Pull all power from the system / board and then pull out the motherboards battery for 5mins, put it All back together and try again.

Last edited:
Solution

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Few things to try.
  • Reseat the CPU
  • Reseat the RAM
  • Pull the motherboard out and test out of the case. It could be a short.
If the above doesn't help and your board has a BIOS Flashback feature then I suggest trying to install the latest available BIOS.

tony535

AMD OS X Member
After disconnecting the power cord, and removing the Cmos battery, press and hold down the power button for a few seconds
wait about 30 seconds then put back the Cmos battery, power cord power on then go into bios and adjust you settings you had previously to allow Mac to boot on your Motherboard. save reboot hopefully that helps

Hackingway

AMD OS X Member
Hi @AudioGod:

Thank you so much again. I did just that and it worked. Although I think it booted a couple of times. I think this board has some issues with video output.
I have noticed that the system somehow does not like to sleep and wake up easily. I am going to avoid the sleep.

Thanks again, good day

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi @AudioGod:

Thank you so much again. I did just that and it worked. Although I think it booted a couple of times. I think this board has some issues with video output.
I have noticed that the system somehow does not like to sleep and wake up easily. I am going to avoid the sleep.

Thanks again, good day
Make sure your bios is upto date, there’s a new one that came out yesterday for the X570-E and I that majorly improves system stability and USB and I’m pretty sure it came out for all the X570 range.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.