Issues with hardware acceleration and Nvidia

feelingkindahappy

AMD OS X Member
Hello, I'm having issues with hardware acceleration (mouse slow downs in browser and VDA Decoder fails). My hardware is as follows:
  • Ryzen 3 3100
  • Asrock B450
  • GT 720 (GK208/GDDDR5)
I've tried Big Sur using MacPro7,1 as my SMBIOS and I've tried Catalina with iMac14,2
I believe I've tried the troubleshooting methods listed in the Opencore guide, but nothing seems to work. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

dmls

AMD OS X Member
I have the same problem, please help me if you can

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
I have the same problem, please help me if you can
What is your system specs? Please post in detail as much as possible.

dmls

AMD OS X Member
What is your system specs? Please post in detail as much as possible.
CPU : Ryzen5 3500X
BIOS: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS
GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 780 3GB
MACOS : 11.4 SMBIOS iMacPro1,1

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
CPU : Ryzen5 3500X
BIOS: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS
GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 780 3GB
MACOS : 11.4 SMBIOS iMacPro1,1
Okay. Your GTX780 is natively supported by Big Sur so should still work.
So, first make sure you've added in the latest AMD Kernels patches for your system. >
Second, make sure that Above 4G Decoding is enabled in BIOS. Also disable CSM and VT-d
and Secure Boot Mode.
Third, you could try adding nvda_drv_vrl=1 in your NVRAM boot-args and see if that helps.
You must make sure that you run ResetNVRAM before using the new EFI and that Lilu,
Whatevergreen and VirtualSMC are among the first few kexts to be loaded in your ACPI
list.
Opencore 0.6.5. should still work with Big Sur, but upgrading to 0.6.9. is best for running
BS 11.4.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.