AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
The Polls have spoken and SMBIOS MacPro7,1 won by a landslide so from OpenCore 0.7.0 onwards MacPro7,1 will be used going forward.
I will make the Files needed available to convert the EFI to iMacPro1,1 and put up instructions on how to convert it. 👍

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
I currently have AMD R9 5900X with Aorus X570 Xtreme almost all working except the following:
-Bluetooth (my previous build based on dorthania had bluetooth working. Tried merging kexts without too much garbage didn't work)
-Onboard Audio (I'm guessing ALC1220-VB just doesn't work at all?)
-Picker does not have reset NVRAM option (For some reason every time I try to make changes to config.plist, it requires NVRAM to reset. Your EFI doesn't seem to show this option in OC for some reason)

Thank you so much for your help!

Update 1 - Picker does have NVRAM option by pressing Ctrl + Space. Learning as I go.

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I currently have AMD R9 5900X with Aorus X570 Xtreme almost all working except the following:
-Bluetooth (my previous build based on dorthania had bluetooth working. Tried merging kexts without too much garbage didn't work)
-Onboard Audio (I'm guessing ALC1220-VB just doesn't work at all?)
-Picker does not have reset NVRAM option (For some reason every time I try to make changes to config.plist, it requires NVRAM to reset. Your EFI doesn't seem to show this option in OC for some reason)

Thank you so much for your help!

Update 1 - Picker does have NVRAM option by pressing Ctrl + Space. Learning as I go.
What’s with all the extra kexts you have going on in the kext folder?
i see 4 that are not needed and 2 of them 4 that have nothing to do with your setup.
AppleMCEReporterDisabler (not needed)
intelMausi and IntelSnowMausi (both useless with your setup)
CtlnaAHCIPort (why?)

To get your Bluetooth going try fully shutting down the system and then unplug it from the mains and wait a few minutes, plug it back in and boot back up and this should kick your Bluetooth into life.

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
I've cleaned up my kext list per your response and bluetooth is now back. Thanks!
Now it's just ALC1220-VB

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
None of the alcid is working... I'm afraid something else is up. Putting more screenshots as below.

About that Creative Labs stuff.. That's my Sound Blaster AE-5 that I was using for Windows. You can ignore that if that's impossible to be used in hackintosh. Am I supposed to use "Starship/Matisse HD Audio Controller"? I don't see any Realtek entries here for some reason...

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@DarkSilentSC Are you selecting the internal speakers in the sound properties?
Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 20.02.52.png

We don't want to populate the PCI Tab (its cosmetic only when you do)

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member

Those list doesn't appear at all... uwu

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
is your audio working in windows?

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member

I think all 3 modules are working as per above. Not sure what's going on owo
Oh yes, in windows no problem at all!

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member

Could be that I messed up driver list as well. XD Please have this a look

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

Could be that I messed up driver list as well. XD Please have this a look
Get rid of everything apart from HFSPlus, OpenRuntime, OpenCanopy if you're using it and AudioDxe again if you’re using it

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
Cleaned up the drivers, but that didn't make any difference... ooof

Thanks so so much for your help thus far!

Update - Hackintool list literally shows no Realtek devices at all... Shouldn't that appear regardless of alcid number placed in boot args?

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Cleaned up the drivers, but that didn't make any difference... ooof

Thanks so so much for your help thus far!

Update - Hackintool list literally shows no Realtek devices at all... Shouldn't that appear regardless of alcid number placed in boot args?
Ok try this in that case.

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
Okay! I got the ALC1220VB audio devices listing in Sound menu with volume control.

AudioGod - YOU ARE A GOD - THANK YOU SIR.

I'm posting up at success stories now.

Last edited:

ufotom

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod ... I have a question for the expert.

To get my BlackMagic HDMI Capture card to play nicely on my 3900x/5700xt/Gigabyte hackintosh....

On powerup -
With OpenCanopy.. I have to boot into Windows through OpenCore, where windows thinks I'm booting from an iMac Pro.
  • When Windows opens, I open a video capture app to initialize the PCIe capture card.
  • I then reboot windows into MacOS selecting the separate drive in Open Canopy -
  • With MacOS running, I can then access the video card that was properly initialized in Windows.

In your OpenCore Configuration, you call out that windows is booted without using the OpenCore / iMac Profile.

Where/how did you change this? I need to get openCore to maintain the hardware / acpi through restarting.

Many thanks for all your efforts.
Thomas

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
In your OpenCore Configuration, you call out that windows is booted without using the OpenCore / iMac Profile.

Where/how did you change this? I need to get openCore to maintain the hardware / acpi through restarting.
Go into your config plist and change the following,

Kernel -> Quirks -> CustomSMBIOSGuid -> Yes
PlatformInfo -> UpdateSMBIOSMode -> Custom

This will inject your smbios details to macOS only.
Also make sure your SSDTs are setup to bypass other OS and your good.

ufotom

AMD OS X Member
Go into your config plist and change the following,

Kernel -> Quirks -> CustomSMBIOSGuid -> Yes
PlatformInfo -> UpdateSMBIOSMode -> Custom

This will inject your smbios details to macOS only.
Also make sure your SSDTs are setup to bypass other OS and your good.

Thanks for the heads up. The settings you provided are for having OpenCore enabled for MacOS and Disabled for other operating systems. I need to have OpenCore enabled for MacOS and all other Operating systems, where MacOS and Windows sees my hardware as a mac. With that said I changed the settings to:

Kernel -> Quirks -> CustomSMBIOSGuid -> No
PlatformInfo -> UpdateSMBIOSMode -> ""

Changing the Config.efi you prepared to this setting, I can only get the hardware to fully initialize in 1 out of 5 attempts. In 4 cases, I get one still image. So something is still getting in the way. While it's an improvement than getting a black screen every time, something is still off... Perhaps it's something with the ACPI or PCIe settings? I'm wondering if trying your MacPro config would change anything?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks for the heads up. The settings you provided are for having OpenCore enabled for MacOS and Disabled for other operating systems. I need to have OpenCore enabled for MacOS and all other Operating systems, where MacOS and Windows sees my hardware as a mac. With that said I changed the settings to:

PlatformInfo -> UpdateSMBIOSMode -> ""

Changing the Config.efi you prepared to this setting, I can only get the hardware to fully initialize in 1 out of 5 attempts. In 4 cases, I get one still image. So something is still getting in the way. While it's an improvement than getting a black screen every time, something is still off... Perhaps it's something with the ACPI or PCIe settings? I'm wondering if trying your MacPro config would change anything?
In that case you should have it set as
PlatformInfo -> UpdateSMBIOSMode -> Create

As for your ACPI, I couldn’t tell you as I don’t know what SSDTs and SMBIOS you are using and nor do I know what your Gigabyte motherboard model is and I don’t have my Crystal ball with me today unfortunately so without more information I really don’t know my friend. 😉

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@ufotom If you are using SMBIOS MacPro7,1 then try this EFI (Just add your details to the Config.lPlist) and if you’re not using a X570 Pro or Ultra then disable the USBMap.kext

If you’re using SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 then use the one on page one of this thread

also change
PlatformInfo -> UpdateSMBIOSMode -> Create
So you get SMBIOS injection across all other OS 👍

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.