Asus X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero - AMD 5950x - 6900XT - Big Sur 11.5 beta(20G5023d) - O.C 0.6.9

jackv

AMD OS X Member
Wow what a journey, first hackintosh but so far well worth it. Most things work great, I'm sure maybe a few things could be improved but it's almost there. Going to there my EFI and files used, hopefully this helps someone with a similar setup and maybe we can get it to work even better.

My Specs:

• AMD 5950X 16 Core
  • Asus X570 Crosshair VII Dark Hero MotherBoard
  • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler
  • AMD 6900XT reference Card
  • 128gb(32x4) crucial ballistix cl16 3600 Ram
  • 4tb(2tbx2) Western Digital SN850 m.2 SSD
  • Seasonic 850 gold plus psu
  • 6x Arctic p14 Fans
  • Phankets p500a non-rgb case
  • Dual 27inch Dell 4k Monitors

Accessories:
  • Logitech Craft Keyboard
  • MX2 Master Mouse
What works:

• Wifi (not perfect, half the speed of my line but hey it works)
  • Intel 1gb Ethernet Card
  • Realtek 2.5 ghz Ethernet Card
  • 6900XT video card
  • Keyboard Mouse( through USB receiver).
  • Sleep/Wake/Shutdown/Restart
  • iMessage/Icloud
  • Audio

What doesn't work:

• Bluetooth( I got it to turn on and find devices, it tries to connect, connects, but doesn't really work 🤷‍♂️)
  • Doesn't Display the correct CPU Name in about(I can live with it if I can't fix it lol)
Used OpenCore 0.6.9

Kexts/Acpi

1621736873974.png

All the files in the screenshot can be found online no need to attach, the custom acpi, kext and config.plist I attached as that's very specific

I attached the config.plist - I removed SystemSerialNumber, SystemUUID, and MLB values as you need to generate your own there.
USBMap.kext was attached. It was generate for this motherboard so all the ports are mapped now.

Some notes.

Since the bluetooth is flakey and I wanted to keep my bluetooth keyboard and mouse, I used the Logitech 2.4ghz usb receiver and their unify software to connect it. Hey it worked!
The USB ports needed to be mapped as the usb 2.0 ports wouldn't recognize the USB receiver, once I did that(custom usbmap.kext) it worked right away.. So got all my USB ports working, it's a victory.
I'm probably going to order a fenvi t919 BT+Wifi card as I still would like to have reliable wifi and bluetooth. If anyone can get at least the bluetooth working I will be thrilled and not get it, let me know.

1621738034174.png

1621738234326.png

Attachments

• SSDT-EC.aml.zip
    719 bytes · Views: 128
  • USBMap.kext.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 161
  • config.plist
    52.7 KB · Views: 161

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Awesome stuff buddy, Couple of tips. First and foremost whatever you do DO NOT BUY A T919, They are a pile or trash to put it politely….lol
Either get yourself a BCM94360CS2 and a pcie adapter or even better replace the onboard Intel wireless with a BCM94360NG and call it a day. Both cards will give you full native WiFi and Bluetooth with no kexts or tricks needed to get it working.

I’m assuming you have already mapped USB to include Bluetooth but if you haven’t then you will need to do so to get it working but otherwise To get the Intel bluetooth going if it’s not working with the correct kexts in place just fully shut down the system and pull the power from the mains and wait a few mins then plug it back in and boot back up. (Yes it really is as simple as that) Jumping around from windows to macOS messes the Intel wireless firmware up for some unknown reason and it stops working but the above fix sorts it out. (You are better off replacing it with one of the above cards I recommended TBH)

Replace OpenHFSPlus with HfsPlus as the later is pulled from Apple and works perfectly where as OpenHFSPlus isn’t and doesn’t work as well and can be troublesome for some.

Remove AppleMCEReporterDisabler as it’s not needed with your setup.

The WD SN850 you are using you does not need the nvmefix.kext. I used to use the very same drive on a 9900k setup without the kext and i believe it’s using the right controller to start with anyway. (I find that kext to be more trouble then good)

You could improve the whole ACPI of your system by stealing all my SSDTs from my X570-E EFI and use them dropping your EC-USBX-SSDT.
All my ssdts are pulled from my Asus X570-E and line up with every other ASUS X570 motherboard including your DarkHero. (You could just plop your USBMap.kext into my EFI and it would be perfect but that would be to easy and you have already put in all the effort). 😊

Add the RestrictEvents.kext to your EFI and the kext will correct your CPU info in About This Mac, it will also pull the PCIe tab that has no use and also does a better job of mapping the memory then doing it yourself As it sets up the memory to 4 slots and removes all errors.
Use this version of the kext as the current release has problems.

Config.plist changes....
Set ACPI->Quirks->ResetLogoStatus to No,
Kernel->Quirks Set XhciPortLimit to No (not needed on a AMD system and can break things under BigSur),
Also under Booter->Quirks set SetupVirtualMap to Yes,
You can remove -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 from the boot arguments if you have finished Debugging and set Misc->Debug->AppleDebug to No

Just incase you don’t already know, If you make any or all the above changes please make sure you reset your NVRam before booting back in.

Finally If you want to control your RGB lighting on the DarkHero then grab the app from the link below….
https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?resources/aureal-asus-rgb-software-controller-for-macos.11/

Last edited:

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Hi to all. Thank you for the perfect instructions. I also have x570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero. I used EFI from @AudioGod (thank you) USB Kext from here @jackv (thank you). Everything works very well. I only have a problem with broken USB KEXT and does not work Bluetooth. I have a BCM94360NG Which in Win 10 works perfectly but only WiFi works in MacOS. Bluetooth doesn't work. Somewhere, the error is probably in USB mapping but I can't find it. Please can you help me? I attach EFI. Thanks. Excuse my English language

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 128

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi to all. Thank you for the perfect instructions. I also have x570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero. I used EFI from @AudioGod (thank you) USB Kext from here @jackv (thank you). Everything works very well. I only have a problem with broken USB KEXT and does not work Bluetooth. I have a BCM94360NG Which in Win 10 works perfectly but only WiFi works in MacOS. Bluetooth doesn't work. Somewhere, the error is probably in USB mapping but I can't find it. Please can you help me? I attach EFI. Thanks. Excuse my English language
Hey buddy,
The Hero and Dark hero both have very strange USB when it comes to mapping it out and some ports don’t want to show up.
Try using this usb kext builder that you do via windows and see if you can get a full map this way.
Its very easy to use.

Follow the instructions step by step.

Failing that I have a USBReset-SSDT for your board that may well do the trick. Let me know how you get on.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Hey buddy,
The Hero and Dark hero both have very strange USB when it comes to mapping it out and some ports don’t want to show up.
Try using this usb kext builder that you do via windows and see if you can get a full map this way.
Its very easy to use.

Follow the instructions step by step.

Failing that I have a USBReset-SSDT for your board that may well do the trick. Let me know how you get on.
Thanks. Unfortunately, it doesn't work via USBToolBox ....
Edit: I installed before cleaning USBTOOLBOX.KEXT and UTBDEFAULT.KEXT and everything runs OK Bluetooth OK .... Fine, then I try to install my created UTBMAP.KEXT ....

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks. Unfortunately, it doesn't work via USBToolBox ....
@Pabo Ok no problem lets try with RHUB instead.
All you need to do is disable the USBMap.kext and add the SSDT I've attached to this post to your EFI and config.plist and see if all your ports start working with the SSDT?
Don't worry about USBMapping as it will work without it. Whats more important is if the SSDT brings back the missing ports. If it does then make a fresh map after that.

Reply to me via a fresh thread or on my X570-E thread so we don't mess up this poor users success story. Good Luck

Attachments

• SSDT-USB-Reset.aml.zip
    838 bytes · Views: 52

rjbhayani

AMD OS X Member
Dear All,

First of thank you for EFIs and KTEXT which you have shared that's very helpful for someone like me who is new to mackintosh.

I am having below configuration :
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
ASUS Crosshair Viii Dark Hero X570 Motherboard
WD_BLACK SN850 NVMe SSD ( I have only one HDD and want to Install three OS Mac OS , Windows and Ubuntu since I am developer as well :) )
Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler
32 x 2 Corsair CL16 3600MHZ DDR4 RAM
DeepCool 850W Gold Power supply
ACER 27 inches 144hz 2K Gaming Monitor
Nvidia GT 730 4GB DDR3 Kepler Graphic Card ( Due to high prices of GFX :( )

Could you please help me what are the things will change for me since I am not having that level of Graphic card and I think due to that I need to choose different Mac Genbios as well.

Thank you,
rjb

LaytonX

AMD OS X Member

jackv

AMD OS X Member
Awesome stuff buddy, Couple of tips. First and foremost whatever you do DO NOT BUY A T919, They are a pile or trash to put it politely….lol
Either get yourself a BCM94360CS2 and a pcie adapter or even better replace the onboard Intel wireless with a BCM94360NG and call it a day. Both cards will give you full native WiFi and Bluetooth with no kexts or tricks needed to get it working.

I’m assuming you have already mapped USB to include Bluetooth but if you haven’t then you will need to do so to get it working but otherwise To get the Intel bluetooth going if it’s not working with the correct kexts in place just fully shut down the system and pull the power from the mains and wait a few mins then plug it back in and boot back up. (Yes it really is as simple as that) Jumping around from windows to macOS messes the Intel wireless firmware up for some unknown reason and it stops working but the above fix sorts it out. (You are better off replacing it with one of the above cards I recommended TBH)

Replace OpenHFSPlus with HfsPlus as the later is pulled from Apple and works perfectly where as OpenHFSPlus isn’t and doesn’t work as well and can be troublesome for some.

Remove AppleMCEReporterDisabler as it’s not needed with your setup.

The WD SN850 you are using you does not need the nvmefix.kext. I used to use the very same drive on a 9900k setup without the kext and i believe it’s using the right controller to start with anyway. (I find that kext to be more trouble then good)

You could improve the whole ACPI of your system by stealing all my SSDTs from my X570-E EFI and use them dropping your EC-USBX-SSDT.
All my ssdts are pulled from my Asus X570-E and line up with every other ASUS X570 motherboard including your DarkHero. (You could just plop your USBMap.kext into my EFI and it would be perfect but that would be to easy and you have already put in all the effort). 😊

Add the RestrictEvents.kext to your EFI and the kext will correct your CPU info in About This Mac, it will also pull the PCIe tab that has no use and also does a better job of mapping the memory then doing it yourself As it sets up the memory to 4 slots and removes all errors.
Use this version of the kext as the current release has problems.

Config.plist changes....
Set ACPI->Quirks->ResetLogoStatus to No,
Kernel->Quirks Set XhciPortLimit to No (not needed on a AMD system and can break things under BigSur),
Also under Booter->Quirks set SetupVirtualMap to Yes,
You can remove -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 from the boot arguments if you have finished Debugging and set Misc->Debug->AppleDebug to No

Just incase you don’t already know, If you make any or all the above changes please make sure you reset your NVRam before booting back in.

Finally If you want to control your RGB lighting on the DarkHero then grab the app from the link below….
https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?resources/aureal-asus-rgb-software-controller-for-macos.11/

@AudioGod Thanks for the help before, I'm still stuck on getting bluetooth to work. I also tried using gmyle Bluetooth USB adapter and Asus bluetooth 4.0 USB adapter and oddly same issue, bluetooth see's all my devices, I connect to one, it connects and 5 seconds later disconnects.. I'm stumped. So far using sur 11.5.1 with oc 0.6.9 with latest kext versions. Any thoughts?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod Thanks for the help before, I'm still stuck on getting bluetooth to work. I also tried using gmyle Bluetooth USB adapter and Asus bluetooth 4.0 USB adapter and oddly same issue, bluetooth see's all my devices, I connect to one, it connects and 5 seconds later disconnects.. I'm stumped. So far using sur 11.5.1 with oc 0.6.9 with latest kext versions. Any thoughts?
If this is the Intel Bluetooth you are referring to then try the latest kexts and before you boot up for the first time with them shut down the system and remove the power cable, wait a few minutes then plug it back in and boot back up and clear your NVRAM before so do so.

Latest Intel Bluetooth kexts….

maxhackintosh

AMD OS X Member
Wow what a journey, first hackintosh but so far well worth it. Most things work great, I'm sure maybe a few things could be improved but it's almost there. Going to there my EFI and files used, hopefully this helps someone with a similar setup and maybe we can get it to work even better.

My Specs:

• AMD 5950X 16 Core
  • Asus X570 Crosshair VII Dark Hero MotherBoard
  • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler
  • AMD 6900XT reference Card
  • 128gb(32x4) crucial ballistix cl16 3600 Ram
  • 4tb(2tbx2) Western Digital SN850 m.2 SSD
  • Seasonic 850 gold plus psu
  • 6x Arctic p14 Fans
  • Phankets p500a non-rgb case
  • Dual 27inch Dell 4k Monitors

Accessories:
  • Logitech Craft Keyboard
  • MX2 Master Mouse
What works:

• Wifi (not perfect, half the speed of my line but hey it works)
  • Intel 1gb Ethernet Card
  • Realtek 2.5 ghz Ethernet Card
  • 6900XT video card
  • Keyboard Mouse( through USB receiver).
  • Sleep/Wake/Shutdown/Restart
  • iMessage/Icloud
  • Audio

What doesn't work:

• Bluetooth( I got it to turn on and find devices, it tries to connect, connects, but doesn't really work 🤷‍♂️)
  • Doesn't Display the correct CPU Name in about(I can live with it if I can't fix it lol)
Used OpenCore 0.6.9

Kexts/Acpi

View attachment 3158

All the files in the screenshot can be found online no need to attach, the custom acpi, kext and config.plist I attached as that's very specific

I attached the config.plist - I removed SystemSerialNumber, SystemUUID, and MLB values as you need to generate your own there.
USBMap.kext was attached. It was generate for this motherboard so all the ports are mapped now.

Some notes.

Since the bluetooth is flakey and I wanted to keep my bluetooth keyboard and mouse, I used the Logitech 2.4ghz usb receiver and their unify software to connect it. Hey it worked!
The USB ports needed to be mapped as the usb 2.0 ports wouldn't recognize the USB receiver, once I did that(custom usbmap.kext) it worked right away.. So got all my USB ports working, it's a victory.
I'm probably going to order a fenvi t919 BT+Wifi card as I still would like to have reliable wifi and bluetooth. If anyone can get at least the bluetooth working I will be thrilled and not get it, let me know.

View attachment 3162

View attachment 3163
Thanks, i have nvidia graphic card, what i need edit to remove radeon from config?

q135077777

AMD OS X Member
could u plz update the Dark Hero for 12.1 ?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.