Here goes nothing!

Cyberdevs

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Ok the build is finish and I'm stuck at this:

@Shaneee
I used @AudioGod's X570 Aorus Pro EFI and it got me into the installer but the installer crashes half way through :(
I tried to use @M's but it didn't work :sneaky:

I feel like such a noooob :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
My EFI will work just fine with your X570 Elite just make sure you disable the USBMap.kext and remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments and thats about it. You can also use the Bios Settings laid out on my thread.
That halt isn’t related to the EFI though bud, unless agdpmod=pikera is effecting it (doubt it). Maybe try recreating the installer.

Cyberdevs

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi @AudioGod thanks for the reply and for your detailed topics on X570 rigs.

Yeah that's what I though and I already tired with a new Installer but the issue was the same, I already disabled the USBMap.kext and it suck at the same point and the agdpmod=pikera shouldn't cause the issue I might need to downgrade the BIOS though because I think I read somewhere (which I don't remember where) that someone had some issue with the installation so they did downgrade the BIOS and managed to resolve the issue but that might not be the case for me.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@Cyberdevs Bit of a long shot but try removing the boot argument npci=0x2000 and then go into the bios and enable Above 4G and see if that helps.
Some Polaris GPU’s do not like that boot argument at all but again it’s a long shot as the error doesn’t fit the crime.

Latest bios revision for your MotherBoard is F33h and that uses AGESA 1.2.0.2, That should be fine. I’ve heard the latest ASRock bios revision can be a bit of a trouble maker but I’ve not come across a gigabyte X570 using AGESA 1.2.0.2 that has any troubles like that.

Last edited:

Cyberdevs

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod
Thanks for your input bud but I found the issue, I removed two of the memory modules and was able to instal Catalina and I'm trying to install Big Sur as we speak with my fingers crossed :D

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod
Thanks for your input bud but I found the issue, I removed two of the memory modules and was able to instal Catalina and I'm trying to install Big Sur as we speak with my fingers crossed :D
Nice one but that’s also strange. Why would using 4 sticks of memory be an Issue?
Have you tested the ram for errors by any chance?
Might be worth investigating that one bud.

Cyberdevs

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Well the problem must be because I had two Kingston HyperX Predator 8GB modules (which I had tested before and I was just able to install Catalina and Big Sur successfully using them) so I bought another two modules with the same frequency but they are HyperX Fury so either there are incompatible with each other (which they shouldn't be) or those new modules are problematic, so I will swap them tomorrow and try to clean install macOS with the Fury ones and see what happens.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Well the problem must be because I had two Kingston HyperX Predator 8GB modules (which I had tested before and I was just able to install Catalina and Big Sur successfully using them) so I bought another two modules with the same frequency but they are HyperX Fury so either there are incompatible with each other (which they shouldn't be) or those new modules are problematic, so I will swap them tomorrow and try to clean install macOS with the Fury ones and see what happens.
Yeah that would make sense as if just one sub timing differs it can chuck the whole thing off kilter. I use A set of Hyper X Fury RGBs myself. I was using some Corsair Vengeance Pros until a few weeks ago but discovered that every now and again they would cause my MotherBoard to throw a wobbly and I would have to short and clear my cmos to bring it back to life. That’s what happens when you try and carry across old Intel optimised ram onto a Ryzen system. Them AMD CPUs can be well touchy when it comes to memory can’t they The cheeky buggers? 😂

Cyberdevs

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yeah that's why I was sticking with the good old Intel up until now and frankly I never was an AMD fan until Intel's 11th Gen came out and I needed more Cores so I decided to bite the bullet and bought the AMD Rig. lol
So I couldn't wait until tomorrow so I swapped the RAM modules and now the installation completed the phase one with the Fury modules hahaha!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Awesome,
Once you have installed and happy add the RestrictEvents kext to the EFI and it will correct your CPU info in about this Mac and display your 5900X (What a freaking awesome CPU)
Use this version of the kext as the current release of it has problems.

The 5000 series was the turning point for me and when I couldn’t bare to use a Intel CPU anymore and I couldn’t be happier with my decision. I love all tech and don’t take side but Intel need to fix up pronto. The 11900k is one of the worst CPUs I’ve used in many many years. ,To say it sucks would be a understatement. LoL

Cyberdevs

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the info man I will finish the beast and I'll add the final touches and I will defiantly add the kext, thanks again for your support and time I really appreciate it.

The funny thing is that I just added all four modules and Big Sur is just started the second installation phase so my assumption is that the memory modules must have not been seated properly or something else might have been going on. Once the macOS is installed I will stress test the memory just to make sue they are OK.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks for the info man I will finish the beast and I'll add the final touches and I will defiantly add the kext, thanks again for your support and time I really appreciate it.

The funny thing is that I just added all four modules and Big Sur is just started the second installation phase so my assumption is that the memory modules must have not been seated properly or something else might have been going on. Once the macOS is installed I will stress test the memory just to make sue they are OK.
The problem is If the timings of two sets of modules are different then it’s going to change one set to match the other and thats where instability’s would come into play because the settings it changes one set of modules too might not be stable. I would never recommend mix and matching unless every single timing lines up.

Cyberdevs

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yeah I know that and I checked the timings before purchasing the new ones otherwise I wouldn't have bought them but I totally agree with you on not mixing different types of memory modules but to be honest I couldn't find HyperX Predator modules so I had to gamble with the next best thing lol.

But if the stability becomes the issue I will definitely match all four modules.

Cyberdevs

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
et voilà!
Finally! Just need to swap the GPUs from my Skylake Rig to the new Rig :D

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Nice work. I’d say welcome to the dark side but… light mode lol

Cosmin

AMD OS X Member
My EFI will work just fine with your X570 Elite just make sure you disable the USBMap.kext and remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments and thats about it. You can also use the Bios Settings laid out on my thread.
That halt isn’t related to the EFI though bud, unless agdpmod=pikera is effecting it (doubt it). Maybe try recreating the installer.
Where can I find your EFI? Do you think it's ok for my hardware setup? Thanks

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Where can I find your EFI? Do you think it's ok for my hardware setup? Thanks
I’ve got two, what one you after?
X570 Gigabyte or Asus?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@Cosmin Sorry I just saw your signature, I have never tried to use it on a Threadripper so your guess is as good as mine. Maybe, It’s worth a try for sure.
Jump over to my X570-E thread where you can download the EFI and see what happens…

Cyberdevs

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thanks guys , honestly I was too tired to fine tune the looks of the macOS, I was working on the new Rig for hours and the new Cosmos C700P Black Edition is a really really heavy case which made the assembly harder than I expected so I just wanted to share my success with you guys lol :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.