Gigabyte x570 AQRUS Xtreme Attempt(10.13 High Sierra) OpenCore 6.9 - Stuck

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
New to OpenCore.
I pulled off an Intel build on Clover a few years back and still use that computer,
So attempting to get this new AMD build on OSX, since it appears many are having success.
Tried current Dortania guide (Link here) for fresh install

Current Problem: is I am stuck on booting from USB drive (OC: Failed to load configuration!) Screen shot below:
I have tried both OpenCore 6.9 and 6.3
Any help would be appreciated..
Attaching my config.plist folder for reference, Sanity checker says its good for OC6.6 (SanityCheckerLink)
Feel free to ask any questions of give suggestions, not sure if I am missing something.
0507210312[1].jpg

My setup is:
Ryzen 9 5900x
Gigabyte x570 AQRUS Xtreme board
64gb ram
Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus NVMe, crucial sata SSD, Toshiba sata Mechanical
AMD Radeon HD 5870 currently (GTX 1080 once I get OSX working)

Attachments

• config.plist.plist
    51.4 KB · Views: 6

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
The sanity checker hasn't been updated for a few months now. The config.plist format must exactly match the OC version. You can use ocvalidate that comes with OC to verify it. Also make sure it is in the right place.

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
Thanks,
I actually got this thing to boot, excited 😎
I saw AudioGod's recent post (Link here) With the Pro version of may Gigabyte board with the same 5900x processor

I download the EFI he made
It instantly worked with same boot USB I been using and showed my two windows installations as boot drives to select that I have on the system, but it did not show 10.13 installer on USB boot drive in "com.apple.recovery.boot" folder for some reason.
So figured I would bail on fresh install and I rebooted and went back into BIOS and to my surprise it now gave me "OpenCore" option as boot drive

Booted back into windows:
--Modified boot parameters -- removed "agdpmod=pikera" and added "nvda_drv_vrl=1"
--Copied my 10.13 Mac OSX drive in old computer to SSD partition and put it in PC
-- Swapped out Radeon HD 5870 for 1080 and just like that I got it to boot with my GTX 1080!

Everything working for the most part!
Things not working:
--Internal Ethernet ports, I will have to look to see if there is something I can adjust there since AudioGod had his working on the PRO motherboard. So at least the 1Gbe port should work, if I am lucky I can get the 10Gbe port working since it is native Aquanti chip OSX has support for.
--Some of the 2.0 USB ports not working.
--Did not see wifi but maybe AudioGod got a new card instead of the one that comes with Gigabyte boards.

Gigabyte x570 xtreme hackintosh.png

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks,
I saw AudioGod's recent post (Link here) With the Pro version of may Gigabyte board with the same 5900x processor

I download the EFI he made
It instantly worked with same boot USB I been using and showed my two windows installations as boot drives to select that I have on the system, but it did not show 10.13 installer on USB boot drive in "com.apple.recovery.boot" folder for some reason.
So figured I would bail on fresh install and I rebooted and went back into BIOS and to my surprise it now gave me "OpenCore" option as boot drive

Booted back into windows:
--Modified boot parameters -- removed "agdpmod=pikera" and added "nvda_drv_vrl=1"
--Copied my 10.13 Mac OSX drive in old computer to SSD partition and put it in PC
-- Swapped out Radeon HD 5870 for 1080 and just like that I got it to boot with my GTX 1080!

Things not working:
--Internal Ethernet ports, I will have to look to see if there is something I can adjust there since AudioGod had his working on the PRO motherboard. So at least the 1Gbe port should work, if I am lucky I can get the 10Gbe port working since it is native Aquanti chip OSX has support for.
--Did not see wifi but maybe AudioGod got a new card instead of the one that comes with Gigabyte boards.

View attachment 3112
I replace the onboard Intel wireless card with a BCM94360NG but if you want to use the Intel one then grab the kexts from here.

What USB ports are not working exactly Maybe I can fix that for you?
As I have mapped USB via a SSDT and then remapped it cutting off certain ports via the USBMap.kext you should be able to simply disable the usbmap.kext and let the ssdt do all the work instead and all your ports should spring into life.

have you got the 1gb & 10gb Ethernet ports working?
If you haven’t got the 1gb port working yet then you just need to replace the kext with the one in the link below (if your trying to use the one I use) and in the config.plist remove the min kernel I’m using (19.0.0)

If you need help then with any or all the above then just let me know. 👍

Last edited:

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Thanks,

Things not working:

Congrats!

I have a similar system - a Z490 Aorus Xtreme currently running i9-11900K Rocket Lake chip. It has almost similar features as yours.

Afaik the existing Intel WiFi card works - you just need AirportBrcmFixup.kext and itlwm.kext + Heliport from OpenIntelWireless.
If you want to boot the Aquantia, you need to add in the following lines to your device properties:

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 10.52.51 AM.png

The device properties line for the above is 4b00000001000000010000003f0000000100000002010c00d041080a0000000001010600041c0101060000007fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001

You'll also need to add this Kernel Patch:

Identifier: com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion
Comment: AQC 107 10 GbE v2
Find: 0F84C002 0000
Replace: 660F1F44 0000
Enabled: Yes

The Intel 1Gbe Lan likely uses IntelMausiEthernet.

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod
Thanks so much AudioGod!
The internal 1Gb Ethernet port now works with the Kext you linked and the min kernel change. (I changed it to 15.0.0) so 10.11 could be used.
I am not sure how to go about getting the 10Gb Ethernet port working so anything you want me to try, I am willing and open to.

All USB ports are capped to 480Mbps for some reason even though they are 3.0 and 3.1 ports and show up under the USB316Bus
USB_480Mbps_Max.png

There are 8 USB ports that don't work, all the others are working including the USB-C port.
The ports that are NOT working are:
--The two front panel USB ports (working under windows so I know there are no issues with connections)
--6 of the motherboard back panel USB ports that are not working are shown in picture below with red X's:
x570xtremeUSBportsNworking.png

Anything you want me to try or info you need me to send let me know..

Last edited:

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
Congrats!

I have a similar system - a Z490 Aorus Xtreme currently running i9-11900K Rocket Lake chip. It has almost similar features as yours.

Afaik the existing Intel WiFi card works - you just need AirportBrcmFixup.kext and itlwm.kext + Heliport from OpenIntelWireless.
If you want to boot the Aquantia, you need to add in the following lines to your device properties:

View attachment 3118

The device properties line for the above is 4b00000001000000010000003f0000000100000002010c00d041080a0000000001010600041c0101060000007fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001

You'll also need to add this Kernel Patch:

Identifier: com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion
Comment: AQC 107 10 GbE v2
Find: 0F84C002 0000
Replace: 660F1F44 0000
Enabled: Yes

The Intel 1Gbe Lan likely uses IntelMausiEthernet.
I tried this for the 10Gbe Aquantia port, but it did not work
-- Below is how I entered it in my Config.plist file:
Aquantia_Config_edit.png

--Below is how I entered the Kernel patch selection:
Kernal_Patch_section.png

Last edited:

Middleman

AMD OS X Member

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hmm. Maybe try then removing the device-id? The system should still recognise the port.
You have a Z490 and he has a X570 board. there is no way the device path will be the same so that what will need changing.
Also you do not use AirportBrcmFixup with anything other then Broadcom devices and certainly not on intel wireless.

@CoolBean Have you disabled the USBMap.Kext from the config.plist? Do so if you haven’t already.
The top row of usb2 ports is A hub and should be working as it’s bog standard accross the Pro, Ultra, master etc etc.
It Would be intrestinng to see what’s going on inside the IOReg

Last edited:

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
You have a Z490 and he has a X570 board. there is no way the device path will be the same so that what will need changing.
Also you do not use AirportBrcmFixup with anything other then Broadcom devices and certainly not on intel wireless.

@CoolBean Have you disabled the USBMap.Kext from the config.plist? Do so if you haven’t already.
The top row of usb2 ports is A hub and should be working as it’s bog standard accross the Pro, Ultra, master etc etc.
Yes I am aware of that. However funnily enough the Airportbcrmfixup has worked for me on my Intel AX201 setup. That said I do know others who have had success with the Open Intel Wireless versions of the BT firmware kext.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Yes I am aware of that. However funnily enough the Airportbcrmfixup has worked for me on my Intel AX201 setup. That said I do know others who have had success with the Open Intel Wireless versions of the BT firmware kext.
There’s nothing that relates to the Intel chipset inside the kext so that is some freaky stuff if it’s doing anything what so ever. I think it’s more likely that a bit of placebo effect is going down there. Don’t take my word for it though just go ahead and ask one of the OC Devs and see what they say about it. (spoiler I already know what the reply will be and it won’t be positive I’m afraid)
Im not trying to rain on your parade or anything friend, I’m just pointing it out. 👍

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
There’s nothing that relates to the Intel chipset inside the kext so that is some freaky stuff if it’s doing anything what so ever. I think it’s more likely that a bit of placebo effect is going down there. Don’t take my word for it though just go ahead and ask one of the OC Devs and see what they say about it. (spoiler I already know what the reply will be and it won’t be positive I’m afraid)
Im not trying to rain on your parade or anything friend, I’m just pointing it out. 👍
Yeah I understand, no worries :giggle:

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member

Attached is the IOReg dump from my computer.

I will try USBMap.Kext Enabled=False to see if any USB ports start working after the restart.

Attachments

• IOReg_Dump_x570_xtreme.txt
    115.8 KB · Views: 3

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Attached is the IOReg dump from my computer.

I will try USBMap.Kext Enabled=False to see if any USB ports start working after the restart.
Yes please do so and then give me the ioreg again with the kext disabled please buddy Otherwise I’m only seeing what the kext is mapping.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@CoolBean use IORegistry explorer and when you save it save as and don't change the file type, save it to your desktop and then send it to me so I can read it within io explorer myself. (with the USBMap.kext disabled please)

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer.zip
    267.1 KB · Views: 1

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
@CoolBean use IORegistry explorer and when you save it save as and don't change the file type, save it to your desktop and then send it to me so I can read it within io explorer myself. (with the USBMap.kext disabled please)
IORegistry explorer file attached after USBMap.kext disabled

Good news is after restart with USBMap.kext disabled the two ports below with green checks now working
x570xtremeUSBportsNworking2back.png

Attachments

• Mac_Pro_x570_xtreme_USBMap.kext_disabled.ioreg.zip
    714.6 KB · Views: 3

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
IORegistry explorer file attached after USBMap.kext disabled

Good news is after restart with USBMap.kext disabled the two ports below with green checks now working
Great, Ok let me investigate what's going on for you.
Have you got your WIFI and Bluetooth going with the correct kexts yet?

Il be back soon as im just doing a few things :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@CoolBean Could you replace SSDT-XHC with this more generic one please and clear your NVRam between reboots and then give me the IO REG again?
I can see some ports are not mapping out correctly and im just trying to work out why for you :)

Attachments

• X570_USB_SSDT.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 2

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
Great, Ok let me investigate what's going on for you.
Have you got your WIFI and Bluetooth going with the correct kexts yet?

Il be back soon as im just doing a few things :)
Bluetooth has always been working.
I got wifi working with the intel drivers you suggested and Heliport app

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Bluetooth has always been working.
I got wifi working with the intel drivers you suggested and Heliport app
Bluetooth might be working without the kext but it won’t be working correctly. Try turning it off or paring something to it.

you should use IntelBluetoothFirmware to correct all that.

And for WiFi don’t use the heliport app but instead use just this kext on its own instead.

3 kexts total, 2 for Bluetooth and 1 for WiFi

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.