AMD R9 5900x fails to boot Monterey installer

Julian325

AMD OS X Member
Hey guys,

im trying to install MacOS 12 on my computer. But it's not quite working yet :)

Specs:
  • Mainboard: ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming X
  • CPU: AMD R9 5900x
  • GPU: AMD RX6900XT (XTXH) - I want to test a fix after successfully installation: GitHub
  • RAM: G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz
  • Ethernet: Intel L211, Realtek 2.5G 8125
  • WiFi: Intel AX200
  • NVMe: WD-Black SN850 1TB, ADATA SX8200 1TB + 512GB
  • Bootloader: OpenCore 0.8.1
After following Dortania's OpenCore Install Guide I got many error codes when I try to boot the installer. The installer boot in verbose mode, after that I got an black screen and nothing. I linked the EFI-Folder in this post. Maybe there is someone who can help me.

Thanks in advance for help

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.5 MB · Views: 6

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try the EFI attached.

It has been revised with a few additional kexts, the SSDT's in the ACPI folder have been replaced with the correct tables.
Some common errors were fixed in the config.plist and it uses the OC GUI boot screen in place of the Picker List.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32 MB · Views: 6

Julian325

AMD OS X Member
Really nice, thank you!

The installation went smoothly. Now I have the problem that MacOS gets stuck on the "Hello Screen" and "Data&Privacy" and restarts. Do you have any advice for me on how to solve this?

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Really nice, thank you!

The installation went smoothly. Now I have the problem that MacOS gets stuck on the "Hello Screen" and "Data&Privacy" and restarts. Do you have any advice for me on how to solve this?
Hi Julian325,

I've looked at your spec and EFI and added in and updated what I believe are missing items compared to my B550 5900X setup. Give it a try.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.1 MB · Views: 3

Julian325

AMD OS X Member
Hi Julian325,

I've looked at your spec and EFI and added in and updated what I believe are missing items compared to my B550 5900X setup. Give it a try.
Hi Middleman, thank you for your post :)
Unfortunately, this version didn't work any better, quite the opposite. When I booted for the first time, I got as far as creating an account. But after that MacOS crashed and restarted. After two more attempts MacOS didn't even start anymore with this EFI. Do you have any other ideas?

Attachments

• opencore-2022-06-23-033153.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0
  • opencore-2022-06-23-165916.txt
  • opencore-2022-06-23-165946.txt

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hi Middleman, thank you for your post :)
Unfortunately, this version didn't work any better, quite the opposite. When I booted for the first time, I got as far as creating an account. But after that MacOS crashed and restarted. After two more attempts MacOS didn't even start anymore with this EFI. Do you have any other ideas?
Hi Julian325,

I think it may have something to do with the fact I'd added in an extra line by mistake (somehow added in a Vega 3 APU driver!). I've cleared up the issue.
So you can try it again. I've also added some XHCI SSDTs for this desktop motherboard.

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    32.1 MB · Views: 7
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.