• So close I can feel it...

Please remember to read and follow the rules here.

Please Donate if you've found the website useful. Thanks.

#10074  by cinematic6436
 Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:51 am
Hi --

Thanks to the info provided on this fantastic site, I was finally able to successfully install El Capitan, but after reading about the graphics glitch I decided to try installing Sierra since I have an FX processor.

For the usb flash drive, I used Pandora's Box, Shaneee's kernel, and Sierra 10.12 (16A323), then used Kext Wizard to install Spakk's V3 USB fix. Then after successfully installing to a hard drive, I replaced the kernel on the hard drive with the one I downloaded and used Kext Wizard again to install the V3 USB files to System/Library/Extensions and recheck and recache everything. I also applied Spakk's suggestions of what files to delete, and copy & pasted the three terminal instructions from his directions as well.

At this point I had successfully installed Sierra. Booting into it is my current dilemma. When I boot off of the Pandora's Box USB installer, I get to a grey screen with the Apple logo, and the progress bar appears beneath it, but that's it. I left it on overnight in case, but nothing changed.

I'm not sure what to do next, whether it have to do with boot flags or using the "post-installation" options in"Pandora Box." Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Here are my specs:

Amd FX 8350 processor
ASUS Gamer 970 Motherboard
EVGA GTX 1070 graphics card
Last edited by cinematic6436 on Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This topic has 113 replies
You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.