• Monitoring your CPU/GPU temperature

• Chat about almost anything as long as it is within the rules.

Please remember to read and follow the rules here.

Please Donate if you've found the website useful. Thanks.

Chat about almost anything as long as it is within the rules.
 #10442  by 0xPure
 Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:44 am
Didn't worked.

But finally fixed it installing the FakeSMC from HWSensors. It seems to be required. Copying the plugins into your FakeSMC won't work.

Advertising

#10449  by Shaneee
 Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:31 pm
The installer should've installed the correct FakeSMC too. Ahh well at least you've got it now :thumbup:
 #19584  by cNone
 Fri May 19, 2017 2:57 pm
0xPure wrote:
Didn't worked.

But finally fixed it installing the FakeSMC from HWSensors. It seems to be required. Copying the plugins into your FakeSMC won't work.
Hello, How did you get managed it to work? I have installed with hwsensors selected fakesmc and all other plugins and that gave me a kernel panic :D Can you guide me through the process?
Thanks in advance.
 #19589  by Shaneee
 Fri May 19, 2017 3:07 pm
cNone wrote:
0xPure wrote:
Didn't worked.

Hello, How did you get managed it to work? I have installed with hwsensors selected fakesmc and all other plugins and that gave me a kernel panic :D Can you guide me through the process?
Thanks in advance.
What was the kernel panic?
 #19621  by cNone
 Fri May 19, 2017 4:49 pm
it was at the boot time and it told about fakesmc. Not sure exactly and unfortunately didn't captured it :(
And I removed it from terminal by booting into v3 installer and my system back online. But I really like to monitor my temperatures under OSX, if it is possible.
 #19645  by cNone
 Sat May 20, 2017 6:04 am
I gave another shot today but here is the result:
There is endless loop of a message about invalid kernel. It is passing too fast so I can't read. By the way, I used AMD cpu setting in customize in HWSensors3.
 #19647  by cNone
 Sat May 20, 2017 6:31 am
Oh fung! I had to restore from backup. Clover gave me cache error and booting from usb didn't solve the issue. I am restoring the partition right now.
Details:
Used this:
Code: Select all
https://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors3.hwsensors.p/
Options selected on customization:
AMD CPU
ITE8xxx
New Geforce
FakeSMC
And then clover configurator/system parameters
Inject Kexts: Yes
Last edited by Shaneee on Sat May 20, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Link Coded.
 #19707  by Shaneee
 Sat May 20, 2017 6:48 pm
Once you've installed rebuild the prelinkedkernel to fix the opcode error.
 #19731  by cNone
 Sat May 20, 2017 7:10 pm
Shaneee wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 6:48 pm
Once you've installed rebuild the prelinkedkernel to fix the opcode error.
Can I use KextUtility for that?
 #19740  by Shaneee
 Sat May 20, 2017 7:17 pm
Best to do it with Terminal. If you've still got the installer you can follow the post install steps for the prelinkedkernel from there.