• Freeze @ IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Please remember to read and follow the rules here.

Please Donate if you've found the website useful. Thanks.

#35982 by HonorGoG
Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:13 am
Hello everyone. Google has been less than helpful with this error and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. According to Google, this is caused by the graphics card, the hard drive, clover options, SIP, the motherboard and the phase of the moon. Personally, I'm leaning towards the latter.

I'm following Shaneee's instructions on the High Sierra page and using his HighSierraAMD_V2 image. Everything is going swimmingly until the screen freezes with the following message:

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

This continues during the boot to the first run wizard. I've tried several methods to avoid this. They include but are not limited to:
  • adding "-liluoff" to my boot options.
  • adding "nv_disable=1" to my boot options.
  • confirming the presence of "lilu" and "WhateverGreen" kexts on the destination drive.
  • allowing the installer to convert my SSD to APFS.
  • preventing the installer from converting my SSD to APFS.
I've restored my USB about six times and I've formatted my SSD nearly as many. I'm certainly getting a lot of practice with the install process and have learned a few items. With my setup, you MUST pick the option of "config_ati" during each boot EXCEPT for the boot where you enter the amd script command. If you pick the ati config, your mouse goes bye bye and you're sitting at the window to do things with no way to start the terminal.

Any ideas? I'm at a loss and would appreciate any input. This is my first Hackintosh and I need a shove in the right direction for this issue.

This topic has 21 replies
You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Advertising