Solved Stuck on Apple Screen for install, cant determine what the cause is in log.

CocaColaCan36

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone, I've been at this for over two days and have remade my USB several times to try and get Ventura installed. I go to the dmg to install Ventura but all I get is an infinite apple logo screen. Waited an hour just to make sure it wasn't taking ages. Checked the log and its saying that "42:467 00:053 OC: Plist Kexts\AirportItlwm-Big-Sur.kext\Contents\Info.plist is missing for injected kext AirportItlwm-Big-Sur.kext (Intel WiFi)"
So I went ahead and added the kext to the folder and restarted it. It seemed like it was actually going to work this time. Well after about 15 seconds of the Apple Logo black screen, my keyboard and mouse shut off and then it was stuck on a loading screen for another 10 minutes before I shut it off. Looked at the log and I genuinely don't know why it didn't go through.
I followed the AM5 build guide that CaseySJ posted, and the only things that I had issues with was MMIO whitelist guide, I was never able to find those values to input into the plist. I also had issues with setting up the correct PciROOT entries. I'm on a Windows computer for the setup, but I switch to my old mac to edit the p list sometimes.

I tried attaching my EFI zip but it said it was too large? Not sure why. But my Plist file is there, Ill attach a few screenshots of my kext files. My ACPI files could be bad as well. I really need help with creating files for my own board.

All my bios settings are correct as per the dortania AMD guide.
Hardware:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core Processor, 4501 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
MotherBoard MSI B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI (MS-7D75)
BIOS Version: 3.5
Storage (For MacOS): WD - Blue SA510 500GB Internal SSD SATA
Main Drive: PNY CS1030 2TB SSD
Ethernet: Realtek Gaming 2.5GbE Family Controller Adapter Type Ethernet 802.3
Display: Name NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Model: GV-N3060VISION OC-12GD Rev2.0

Attachments

• opencore-2023-04-08-030042.txt
    256 KB · Views: 1
  • Kexts.png
    Kexts.png
    51 KB · Views: 6

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I've upped the attachment limit to the max the server will allow. You can also link to a G-Drive download etc.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You need to change your GPU as the Nvidia RTX series of cards are not supported in any version of macOS. Until you change your GPU you will not be able to use macOS.

CocaColaCan36

AMD OS X Member
You need to change your GPU as the Nvidia RTX series of cards are not supported in any version of macOS. Until you change your GPU you will not be able to use macOS.
I can swap out the graphics card, do you think this is what’s causing the frozen screen? I have a Radeon 580

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
Send your efi, and mount the rx580

CocaColaCan36

AMD OS X Member
Send your efi, and mount the rx580
I mounted the 580, and I adjusted my EFI to fit more to my MOBO. This is my latest log and EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    56.1 MB · Views: 4
  • opencore-2023-04-10-184433.txt
    256 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.