Hi, I'm about to journey into the deep waters of a Ryzentosh..

ironangel

AMD OS X Member
Hey I'm an experienced PC builder, IT and USAF Retired, so have a few hours to spend on this machine.

I'm guessing my sig. will be at the bottom of this post, and I'm pretty sure I'll just have to swap the GPU, but we will see.. ;)

Steve in NE Texas

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Steve, Hi and welcome to the forum.

You are correct, you will need to substitute the RX 7900 XT for one of your other AMD GPU's, The Vega 64 & RX 5700 XT are both compatible with recent versions of macOS, so either one of these would be fine.

Which version of macOS are you looking to install?

I ask as there were some issues with MSI motherboards a few years ago and I am not sure if they have been completely fixed. I know older MSI MB's, such as your X470 Gaming board work with macOS Catalina, but I am not sure if they work as well with newer versions of macOS.

ironangel

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for that. I was hoping newer? I have BIOS up to date

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
As I said I’m not sure, so it is possible you can install Ventura or Sonoma. But it may take a little more work than if you had another make of motherboard.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Should in theory work with Sonoma. There's a PCI patch in the AMD Vanilla patches you may need to enable though as it's disabled by default. It says AM5 but it fixes the MSI issues,

CaseySJ | IOPCIIsHotplugPort | Fix PCI bus enumeration on AM5 | 13.0+

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I have created an OpenCore 0.9.6 EFI for your MSI X470/R7 5800X3D/RX 5700 XT system, see EFI attached below.
  1. The OC sub-folders are all fully populated.
  2. The Kexts folder contains all the essential Kexts/Drivers your system requires.
  3. The config.plist has been edited to work with your system.
  4. The only thing missing is the MacPro7,1 SMBIOS data, i.e. Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID.
    • You need to generate a SMBIOS for a MacPro7,1 system, using Corpnewt's GenSMBIOS python script.
    • This can be undertaken in Windows or on a real Mac or another Hack.

You will need to download the full macOS Sonoma installation folder. Restore this to a 16+GB USB pen drive, formatted as HFS+ & GUID.
I would recommend using Corpnewt's gibMacOS script to download the installer. This guide will be helpful.

You will need a Plist Editor, I use Corpnewt's ProperTree, which works in Windows and macOS.

The Ryzen OC guide has been used to create the EFI.

Try this EFI once you have added the SMBIOS data and created your USB installer.

If your system kernel panics, take a photo of the Verbose text and post a copy here, so we can see what needs changing/fixing.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.6 MB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.