Help needed (HP Pavillion 23)

Omar_62

AMD OS X Member
Hey, can I install any version of MacOS on this PC? I want to see if there is any pre made MacOS install I can use on this as I want to repurpose this old desktop of mine and make it something more of a iMac.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
No you can't install macOS on your old AMD AIO system, as the CPU and APU are not supported.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Nothing recent. You may find a patched Kernel to get OS X El Capitan or Sierra to run on your system, but I don’t think the Vanilla kernel will work.

Also you won’t get graphics acceleration with your system as the APU isn’t supported and you can’t add a discrete GPU. This would make using macOS really difficult and uncomfortable, as you could have severe graphics issues undert the simplest of graphics processing.

There are limitations on which systems can run macOS due to the components being used. Your HP system is firmly entrenched in the incompatible hardware group.

Omar_62

AMD OS X Member
Nothing recent. You may find a patched Kernel to get OS X El Capitan or Sierra to run on your system, but I don’t think the Vanilla kernel will work.

Also you won’t get graphics acceleration with your system as the APU isn’t supported and you can’t add a discrete GPU. This would make using macOS really difficult and uncomfortable, as you could have severe graphics issues undert the simplest of graphics processing.

There are limitations on which systems can run macOS due to the components being used. Your HP system is firmly entrenched in the incompatible hardware group.
Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.