HELP: Bluetooth stopped working on Ventura

Ryzentoshing

AMD OS X Member
My Bluetooth connectivity started acting up when I updated to Ventura and now it is completely gone. It remains permanently in the off-state.

r/hackintosh - Bluetooth stopped working
Here are my specs:
MOBO: MSI Gaming Plus AC B450 I

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x

RAM: 16 GB @ 3200 Mhz

GPU: MSI Armor RX 580 8Gb

Wifi/BT: Broadcom BCM94360NG

HD: Crucial P1 1Tb Nvme

I'm on OC 0.8.8 (2 jan 2023)

I built my hackintosh in January 2020 and since then it has been my daily drive. I updated from Catalina to Big Sur and in early Jan 2023, to Ventura. The first 2 upgrades, I didn't have an issue but since I updated the OS to Ventura, the BT started acting up. I could no longer connect my Apple Magic Mouse after waking up the computer without turning off BT and on again. Now, just out of the blue, the BT shut down completely. I'm using my custom SSDT table after mapping all the USB ports, including the internal ones. I've never had a problem until now.

I know it's not a hardware problem because when I log into Windows 10 (I have a double boot system on separate SSDs), Bluetooth works perfectly.

I tried resetting the NVram, deleting the com.apple.bluetooth.plist and checked the SSDT table. I'm running out of ideas and patience.

What could cause this issue? Any solutions, anyone? Any help much appreciated.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Which if any Bluetooth kexts have you added to your /OC/Kexts folder and config.plist?

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
HI Edhawk, I've never used any BT kexts. I didn't actually need them, until now I guess.
have you mapped your USB port in the past? have you changed your SMbios?

for BT/WIFI you have no need of any kexts

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
HI Edhawk, I've never used any BT kexts. I didn't actually need them, until now I guess.
That's what I was checking, that you didn't have some unnecessary kexts installed.

The USB Port Configuration and SMBIOS matching would be a good place to check if you changed the SMBIOS with the new version of macOS. Not that it should have needed to be changed from your previous macOS installation, when the Bluetooth worked. Assuming you are using the MacPro7,1 or iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS.

If you were previously using the XhciPortLimit (XPL) quirk in Catalina so all your USB ports were active. That might cause the Bluetooth to stop working in Big Sur.

The XhciPortLimit quirk stopped working with Big Sur 11.3 or newer, you will need to create a USBMap.kext/USBPorts.kext or UTBMap.kext if you were using the XPL quirk in Catalina.

Ryzentoshing

AMD OS X Member
have you mapped your USB port in the past? have you changed your SMbios?

for BT/WIFI you have no need of any kexts
Hi,
Yes, I mapped all USB ports and built a custom SSDT table based on have. I have 14 active USB ports under two different controllers. I have not updated the SMBios. As I said, I've been using my hackintosh since January 2020 with updates from Catalina to Big Sur and now to Ventura, and OC updates from 0.6.6 up to 0.8.8 (Jan 2023) without any issues. My ssdt table did its work across updates.
The issue started with the update to Ventura. What's really odd, is that this morning I was working on my computer using another mouse (BT but with a dongle, used only while the onboard BT was deactivated) and then the BT came back up again, on its own, and connected my Magic Mouse right away. I'll check later today if it's still working.

Could something in Ventura be interfering with USB power management thus turning the BT component off? I'm truly puzzled by this.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Your mileage may vary but my Bluetooth didn't work in Monterey until I added the BlueToolFixup.kext (which I also didn't need before).

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.