Bluetooth and processor

dedwards77

AMD OS X Member
Hello all, newly joined on this forum. Recently installed Big Sur on a Ryzen PC I built a while back( Ryzen 5 3600, msi mpg x570 gaming edge wifi, RX 5600 XT) used open core 0.7.4 and I have most everything working that I know of except Bluetooth and the cpu shows up as unknown cpu in about this computer section. I have tried using restrictevents kext and the openintelwireless/intelbluetooth kext but neither fix these issues. Perhaps someone with the same cpu/MB has had success with these issues can give some advice. I am very noonish at this just a warning. Thanks to anyone who can help me out. (PS I have read the guide about restrictevents on this forum but can't get it sorted out)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

dedwards77

AMD OS X Member
For the CPU name. As long as you've included RestrictEvents in your config update the kext to this version just to be sure, https://github.com/dortania/build-r...ents-466fab9/RestrictEvents-1.0.5-RELEASE.zip

Then in your config navigate to PlatformInfo -> Generic and set ProcessorType to 1537

For your BT this should be added to your kext folder and config, https://github.com/OpenIntelWireles...load/v2.0.1/IntelBluetoothFirmware-v2.0.1.zip
I have restrict events latest release and when I set the processor type to 1537 it goes from unknown to intel i5 6 core processor. I have tried it with the bootarg revcpu=1 and without makes no difference.I did run a command in terminal I forget what it was exactly sysctl something and it spit out a bunch of stuff about my cpu that looked correct. As far as bluetooth I also tried the intelbluetoothfirmware it came with two kext and it still didnt get BT working. I put the kext in my OC kext folder then load my config.plist in propertree and do a system snapshot, that is how you add kext right? I am seeing them in config. I also tried to update to monterey and it kernel panic with a garbled screen shortly after the mouse and keyboard light back up.. lolz

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
The build of RestrictEvents I linked to is newer than the release version and has some fixes you need on AMD. Your 3600 will work the same as my 5600X with that version and the ProcessorType. As for the Intel BT it can be flakey at best. The best option is to replace the onboard chip with a supported BCM one.

dedwards77

AMD OS X Member
The build of RestrictEvents I linked to is newer than the release version and has some fixes you need on AMD. Your 3600 will work the same as my 5600X with that version and the ProcessorType. As for the Intel BT it can be flakey at best. The best option is to replace the onboard chip with a supported BCM one.
Thank you I will try this when I get off work today.

dedwards77

AMD OS X Member
Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 8.10.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 8.10.04 PM.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.