An error occurred applying the software update

notDeviiL

AMD OS X Member
Hey, i need help for this problem, i got my EFI working after many days of trying..

AMD Ryzen 3600
RX 6600
MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk

IMG_6081.jpeg

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The issue is more likely to be caused by the update package, not your EFI folder. Boot in to macOS and re-download the update package so the current one is overwritten. Then apply the update.

notDeviiL

AMD OS X Member
The issue is more likely to be caused by the update package, not your EFI folder. Boot in to macOS and re-download the update package so the current one is overwritten. Then apply the update.
already fixed it with Kext updates, but now is my RX 6600 not working, do you have any idea why ?

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
already fixed it with Kext updates, but now is my RX 6600 not working, do you have any idea why ?
Do you have the boot argument agdpmod=pikera enabled?

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yes It’s in the config
For more help kindly remove your serial numbers and then zip and upload your current EFI folder for evaluation

notDeviiL

AMD OS X Member
Okay I’ll do that in few seconds just starting my OS again. - I think that it could be that Big Sur 11.7.5 doesn’t support the RX 6600.. that’s why I actually trying to update to Monterey but getting always that screen.. it’s so annoying since few days 😴
IMG_6087.jpeg

EFI

Last edited:

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Okay I’ll do that in few seconds just starting my OS again. - I think that it could be that Big Sur 11.7.5 doesn’t support the RX 6600.. that’s why I actually trying to update to Monterey but getting always that screen.. it’s so annoying since few days 😴
View attachment 11379

EFI

Your 6600 card should be supported in Big Sur 11.4 and after.

notDeviiL

AMD OS X Member
Your 6600 card should be supported in Big Sur 11.4 and after.
Okay,, that's weird then. I don't know what to do, my old setup> MSI Z270-A Pro and I7 6700 was working fine with my RX 6600 but my Mainboard is dead so I bought a AM4 Sys. but now I got only trouble:(

notDeviiL

AMD OS X Member
Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 13.07.45.png

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
RX 6600 didn't gain support in macOS until Monterey 12.1. There is no support for this AMD Navi card in Big Sur. So no graphics acceleration from this dGPU.

The RX6800/6900 & XT variants were supported in Big Sur 11.4.

notDeviiL

AMD OS X Member
RX 6600 didn't gain support in macOS until Monterey 12.1. There is no support for this AMD Navi card in Big Sur. So no graphics acceleration from this dGPU.

The RX6800/6900 & XT variants were supported in Big Sur 11.4.
so how can i fix that error, that i cannot update from big sur to monterey ?

IMG_6087.jpeg

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Okay,, that's weird then. I don't know what to do, my old setup> MSI Z270-A Pro and I7 6700 was working fine with my RX 6600 but my Mainboard is dead so I bought a AM4 Sys. but now I got only trouble:(
Sorry for the bad advice, Dortania only states the Navi 21 cards got support starting with Big Sur 11.4 but it doesn't qualify that's only the 6900 and 6800 series cards. My bad.

Last edited:

notDeviiL

AMD OS X Member
so how can i fix that error, that i cannot update from big sur to monterey ?

View attachment 11381
Sooty for the bad advice, Dortania only states the Navi 21 cards got support starting with Big Sur 11.4 but it doesn't qualify that's only the 6900 and 6800 series cards. My bad.
Could you help me then with this problem? I get this always if I try to upgrade from Big Sur to Monterey..

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try using a different USB port for your installer, see if that helps. The prohibitive sign usually means the USB device can’t be found, because the port being used has been dropped/disabled in macOS, even though it initially worked when the system booted.

notDeviiL

AMD OS X Member
Try using a different USB port for your installer, see if that helps. The prohibitive sign usually means the USB device can’t be found, because the port being used has been dropped/disabled in macOS, even though it initially worked when the system booted.
Thank you, ill give it a try!

notDeviiL

AMD OS X Member
not working..:(

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Post a copy of your EFI folder so we can see what you are using.

Have you installed/restored macOS Monterey 12.1 + on a USB drive? Or are you trying to update to Monterey using the built in Software Update in System Preferences?

I recall a lot of MSI motherboard owners having problems installing and running Monterey, You may be better served bypassing Monterey and installing macOS Ventura.

notDeviiL

AMD OS X Member
I've tried to install it like big sur via the USB and through the recovery dmg's but nothing worked. I also have tried Ventura but it does the same..

EFI (click me)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The EFI link you provided above is pants! Eventually it download a 140kb disk image (.dmg).

You need to zip your EFI folder, don't use rar compression and attach it to a post here. Don't add any more useless links that try to get you to install Windows Adobe software containing a virus and then provide rubbish when they do try to provide the download.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.